The Shield

All In

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jun 08, 2004 on FX

• The strike team realizes that Margos is eyeing them and they must find him first before he finds them. Dutch brings his suspicions to Aceveda about Vic's involvement. Lem decides to take matters into his own hands regarding the money.

Lem really stepped up and his role and character devoloped more in this episode. Plus Dutch suspicions lead to Aceveda which lead Aceveda to get his suspicions clear about the strike team.

First off, Margos is a big problem for the strike team. The scene when Vic and the others interrogate one of Margo's men on the rugs and the heroin, we see that Margos is clearly watching Vic and the strike team before he kills that poor woman. It was like a scene from a sniper/surveillence movie. A guy is looking for another guy only to realize he's the one being watched. All the hype about how evil Margos is was justified in this episode because of that scene.

Dutch goes to Aceveda and Aceveda goes to Shane regarding Shane's storage area. Shane actually played it smart and used his marriage with Maura as a motive to rent the storage and fortunetly, they had the money removed from the place. I don't know if Aceveda searched it but it caused his suspicions about the strike team to die down which is good for them.

The last scene was one of the best scenes I've ever witnessed on television. (Spoilers) Lem decides to get rid of the money due to his paranoia about going to prison. The rest of the team shows and a huge confrontation ensues. This is some of the best dramatic acting witnessed. That scene had me on the edge of my seat for I didn't know how the others would react to Lem. You could see the pain and regret in Lem's face; it summed up the fact that he hated doing these things (drugs, robbing, taking the money) but he did it because he loves the guys from the strike team as he claims they are the only family that he has. While they think there's a different solution to their problem, Lem believes that getting rid of the money is the best way to do it.

I knew that Lem was getting rid of the money the moment he left Ronnie at the storage. I'm sure that had every viewer on the edge of their seat glued to the tv set too see how everyone would react. The dramatic tension was a perfect way to set up the season finale. Kudos to Shawn Ryan for somehow finding a way to build up a season finale with a strong pre season finale!