The Shield

Co-Pilot

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 04, 2003 on FX

• Well sort of a pilot. (some spoilers)

you'll either like it or not enjoy it. It's hard to adjust to at first seeing how Armidilo was stabbed in his jail cell last episode and Danny's job is nearly impossible to hold onto now. After a few minutes though you might start to care. You see how everyoen was before the strike team was formed and everybody's first day on the job. We see the first meeting between Acevada and Vic, and some characters we haven't seen in a while, Gilroy, and Terry. We learn some more about Dutch that I forgot abou even after keeping with the show after season 6. It could explain some of his weird behavior. The rest of the episode is more amusing and informative rather than being fast paced and intense, which of course might throw some people off again.

I don't think it could have replaced the pilot, because the pilot of course wouldn't be as great as the start of the show had been. Still though every episode of season 2 is great and that includes co-pilot because of the unexpected story it brings and the interesting ideas.

The ending is both halarious and kind of sad.