The Shield

Co-Pilot

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 04, 2003 on FX

• Review

Flashback to the first day of the barn. Under pressure to get results, Vic and his new Strike Team make an impression on the streets. Dutch and Claudette realize they make a good team, and David discovers he doesn't have as much power as he thought he would. It was a random flashback thrown right into the middle of the second season, but I took it for what it was. I didn't think it fit well with the mojo that season two had going for it at the time - but like I said if you over anayze something you could miss seeing the episode for what it really was. We got to see the formation of the Strike Team and David's relationship with Vic form. The relationship has been full of ups and downs and its interesting to see where they were and how they got there.

Interesting case as we get to see the Strike Team pull off it's very first "bad cop" job and we kind of see the roots of the team. Dutch and Claudette were actually good in this episode for a change, shame it had to be about 14 months earlier in the timeline for me to finally think that.

I thought it was a good episode - though very oddly placed in the middle of a very hot second season of The Shield.