The Shield

Family Meeting

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 25, 2008 on FX

• Not the way to finish that show.

I watched this episode, and how Vic bails on the immunity deal, all hyped in anticipation of what's gonna follow next. Seriously, had no idea this was the last episode, and for a good reason - it didn't feel like it! Months later, when I realized this was it, I looked back, and I just don't see how you end such a show of gory rule breaking with such a bleak finale. My anticipation was washed away with wave of disappointment and near anger. Come on, after 7 years of promises that Vic is either gonna get caught, get himself killed, or settle deep in Mexico with a big wad of cash, and no conclusion whatsoever. This wouldn't even look good on a season finale. All this these years I was literally held on the tip of my chair, trying to come up with possibilities of how are these guys going to weasel themselves out from this one, and who will have to die for it, and who will have to get betrayed. Look, OK, I'm not begging for a happy ending (which, granted, in this show is not at all obvious), but give me some closure! Let me see him get hammered, or get away yet again, don't leave me hanging dry.