The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

anybody wished Vic was killed or had gone to prison?

thundercat2000

[1]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 17
    I wished that he had gotten the chair. I know he made a deal to avoid prison but I wished that we had seen him behind bars with Ronnie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lion4Life

[2]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 30
    No

Greenlit829

[3]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    Nah. Way too predictable. The fate he got was worse than jail or the needle. Now he has nothing but endless time to think about all the lives he's messed up and people he's killed and the family he'll never see again, all while being forced to do a soulless mundane job that is beneath him.

thegarz

[4]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    Death is way too good for Vic Mackey

TurambarGS

[5]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 1
    Yes. I wish he'd gone down in a blaze of fury shoot out with other cops, cornered, alone and exposed for what he'd done. But more importantly, that Ronnie had gotten out free as the only one left. I hate the way it ended.

Greenlit829

[6]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 3

TurambarGS wrote:
    Yes. I wish he'd gone down in a blaze of fury shoot out with other cops, cornered, alone and exposed for what he'd done. But more importantly, that Ronnie had gotten out free as the only one left. I hate the way it ended.

Only one thing to say to that: This isn't 24.

sean2evo

[7]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    Greenlit829 wrote:

TurambarGS wrote:

Only one thing to say to that: This isn't 24.

Lol. No it certainly isn't. Yeah, Vic's fate is much worse then death I think. He has nothing left. His reputation is shattered, everyone knows what hes done and what he is. He's practically in a place worse then jail stuck riding a desk for ICE. At least in jail he'd get his adrenaline fix. He has no friends left, Shane and Lem are dead, and Ronnie is in jail hating him. His family has left him forever, reflecting that Corrine thinks hes an evil person. He has no more power, or respect. And he can't play anymore of his complex mind games that seem to get him off. He's a doggy on an ICE leash made of his immunity agreement and its fine print. And if he ever steps out of line, he has a barn full of cops that were giving him the stink-eye to catch him out and nail him. His fate is worse then death. The guilt for all the deaths including Shane's and over Ronnies incarceration. And no way to relieve that guilt in that he won't be able to arrest any more bad guys.

Romano338

[8]Oct 26, 2013
    • level: 8
    Yes