The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

Best season poll

Your favourite season ?

jakestevens

[1]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 13
    Hi, im only getting into the show this year. im on season 1 episode 2 and im hooked ! I was just wondering Whats the best season so far ? post your comments
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vicisdashiat

[2]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 3
    to be honest, there is no BEST season.  each season is progressively better, but only because of what happened the season before.  think of the series as a great book, you cant just start on chapter three.  to know the true beauty of the story being told you must know it from the begining and skip nothing.  if i were you i would totally avoid any episodes that you can not watch i chronological order.  a few days ago spike was playing the season finale of season five, which should mean that they will start back at the begining.  youv'e probably already missed quite a bit, but if you get season 1 on dvd, watch it in  day or two, then maybe in a week or two, spike will start on season two, and you could pick up fom there.  i believe they air weekdays from 2-4AM.  but if you are financially able i would definately buy them all on dvd.  some places like Hastings often have them on sale (at one point each season was only 25 dollars each) or they have used copies pretty cheap. 

Plonked

[3]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 16
    I cant choose as I have loved every season, they are so great in every way. I could sit down tomorrow and watch every season and not skip any of the episodes or the seasons. They are that great!!!!

hmnut7

[4]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 12

No I can choose. While they were all were great, there is for sure better seasons than others.

Season one: Starts with a bang, ends with a bang and pretty much held on the whole ride.

Season 2 pretty much the same, Armdillo and the money train kept the show exciting.

season three started much softer and did not pick up until the strike team started to fall apart.

Season four started great with the strike team apart and then having to come back together, but then it just became the same old stories really.

Season five: from the first episode until the last I was glued to my seat. I can't think of any other TV show where every single episode was so intense.

I have to say all the seasons were great but Season 5 was like a whole other level of television.

Edited on 04/09/2007 8:50am

vicisdashiat

[5]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 3
    but season five wouldn't have been as intense if you didn't know all of the back stories.  you have to know what these characters have been through together and done for each other (shane and lem especially).  that's what made that season so great, and heart wrenching, because after five seasons we feel like we know them.  someone who had not lived and died with these characters for five seasons would not share anywhere near the same bond with these characters.  all my friends who have been huge fans of the series agree that losing a character on the show (don't know if he knows yet, trying not to spoil it) was a lot like losing a close friend.  it would have th same emotional impact as vic killing terry in the pilot.  the reaction was more "d*mn, i can't believe he did that"  than "oh my god terry is gone?  WHYYYYY!!!!!".  we didn't have a connection to terry.  it stired emotions, but nowhere near the level that season 5 did.  every fan has their favorite episodes and seasons, but for a new comer YOU MUST WATCH IN ORDER!!!!  then you can pick your favorites.  i was in college during season 4, and my roommate had never seen an episode.  after watching only three episodes with me, he went out and bought EVERY season. 

wr8280

[6]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 6
    Wow... I guess I was in the minority for people that loved season 4! I thought the interesting relationship between Vic and Rawlings made this an awesome season to watch. Her character had integrity and was dedicated and even rubbed off on Vic. Plus the main antagonist was one of the baddest, most interesting villains on the show. Plus Shane's vice adventures were pretty fun to watch too. Edge of your seat! My only problem with 4 is that the first episode started out weak. But it got progressively better until it was too intense to handle!

MarkKellerman

[7]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    The best to me, in order from best to, well 'worst' is a misnomer since all the seasons are of high quality, from 'best' to 'least best' I guess...
    Season 2
    Season 1
    Season 3
    Season 4
    Season 5
    Season 6 Season two is my favorite, and the episode 'Co-Pilot' may be the reason it edges out the rest. Detective Gannon, (I think that was his name,not sure though. Please tell me who it was if I'm wrong about the name) who kept calling Dutch by the wrong name, cracked me up big time in probably every scene he was in.

evs82

[8]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    for me season 2 is the best. it created the blueprint by which seasons 3, 4 and to some extent 5 were built with.

season 1 i think lagged a bit in the middle. first episode was great and the last two episodes were some of the best television you'll ever care to see.

seasons 3, 4, 5 and 6 were all brilliant in their own ways. i particularly liked season 4 with antwon, but as i said, season 2 set the standard.

i whole heartedly agree with what others have said. it quite simply has had an amazing ability to stay consistent and fresh over 6 seasons. something very few shows can do. in fact i can't think of a single show that has stayed that good for that long.

bobthebaker

[9]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 6

imo 2 > 1 > 5 >4 >6 > 3

seasons 2 and 1 had the best overall flow and stories. Armadillo in season 2 was really exciting

Season 5 had the best season finale by far. Most dramatic and really turned the series upside down. Whitaker was a great side character.

Season 4, 6, and 3 was off and on but still good just not up to par with the other seasons

Milks23

[10]Oct 12, 2007
    • level: 50
    I think Season 3 and 4 were the best.

Least favorite season is probably 2.