We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

Do you recognize some of these actors from other shows/movies??

donutsfordinner

[21]Jan 14, 2006
    • level: 7
    I'm going to have to watch Blade now that I know Kenny is in it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cierob

[22]Jan 15, 2006
    • level: 12
    Kenny Johnson also played 'Burner' Lt Butch Barnes in Pensacola: Wings of Gold.
    CCH Pounder was also in Prizzi's Honor, Robocop 3, Postcards from the Edge, and All that Jazz

cierob

[23]Jan 15, 2006
    Newly promoted Captain Billings played by David Marciano starred in the series Due South as the original Ray Vecchio.

cierob

[24]Jan 15, 2006
    Daniel Dae Kim in the Cave as Alex Kim

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[25]Jan 16, 2006
    • level: 10
    I was watching an episode Law & Order: SVU last night and I noticed the chick that plays Tina had a small part on that show too. I'm not sure if it was just a one-time thing or what, but seeing as how this season of The Shield just started tuesday and she's a new character, I've never looked for her or anything on there before.

DocMartigan

[26]Jan 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    My parents told me that Dutch was on one or more SVU episodes, where he played a gay guy, lol.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[27]Jan 16, 2006
    Really?? I usually watch at least one or two episodes of SVU a day when they show them on USA and I've never noticed him on there. They usually show the really old episodes on there, though, and I never catch the new ones on NBC because it was always on the same time as Nip/Tuck and now The Shield so maybe those were in the newer/semi-newer episodes. Then again, I'm sure there are plenty of other episodes I haven't seen yet either. I'll have to watch for that. I think I could believe dutchboy as a homosexual. lol.

DocMartigan

[28]Jan 16, 2006
    Xx_King_Beef_xX wrote:
    Really?? I usually watch at least one or two episodes of SVU a day when they show them on USA and I've never noticed him on there. They usually show the really old episodes on there, though, and I never catch the new ones on NBC because it was always on the same time as Nip/Tuck and now The Shield so maybe those were in the newer/semi-newer episodes. Then again, I'm sure there are plenty of other episodes I haven't seen yet either. I'll have to watch for that. I think I could believe dutchboy as a homosexual. lol.

I'm *pretty* sure they said SVU. They watch a lot of similiar shows, but I can only really stomach The Shield. I will doublecheck.

donutsfordinner

[29]Jan 16, 2006
    DocMartigan wrote:
    Xx_King_Beef_xX wrote:

I'm *pretty* sure they said SVU. They watch a lot of similiar shows, but I can only really stomach The Shield. I will doublecheck.

I've never seen Jay Karnes on SVU and I've seen almost every episode. I could be wrong but I don't think he's been on there. He's been on Cold Case and Numb3rs.
    And SVU is not hard to stomach. The Shield is worse.

DocMartigan

[30]Jan 16, 2006
    donutsfordinner wrote:

I've never seen Jay Karnes on SVU and I've seen almost every episode. I could be wrong but I don't think he's been on there. He's been on Cold Case and Numb3rs.
    And SVU is not hard to stomach. The Shield is worse.

Ah ha, they do watch both of those shows on and off. I bet it was one of those.

And by "hard to stomach" I didn't mean the shows are too graphic, but that most cop shows are so grossly innacurate (or just ignorant) it makes my stomach hurt, lol. The original Law and Order has always been realistic, almost too much so for my tastes. Needs a little more "artistic license" to hold my interest. I do watch it if it's on, but I don't go out of my way for it. Never tried SVU. It's such a fine balance, lol (e.g. I'm really picky) But the Shield is just right for me!

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[31]Jan 17, 2006
    Well I'll admit SVU & Criminal Intent are both total bulls**t and can be pretty damn cheesy & somewhat repetitive at times, but they're still entertaining nonetheless. Anything but that NYPD Blue or Third Watch crap.

jimispettel

[32]Jan 17, 2006
    • level: 4
    There are two actors I have seen play bit parts on The Shield that were in the season premiere of 24. One is the guy who had sex with the 15 year old (they found the condom in the dumpster) and the other is Smitty the Locksmith. I think they both died in the first 4 hours.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[33]Jan 17, 2006
    Yeah.. that same guy that had sex with the underage girl and they found the condom in the dumpster was in an episode of SVU too. He played this crazy ass guy named Abraham that was a leader of some cult and he had children with his children and had some little 12 year old girl that was one of his wives and pregnant with his kid. It was pretty damn funny.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[34]Jan 17, 2006
    There was also the guy that played the FBI agent from the beginning of season three (I don't remember his name) but he was the same guy that played Krayzee Eyez Killa in Curb Your Enthusiasm if anybody watches that. I thought that was pretty funny too because he was this nerdy lookin' guy on here and he was all supposed to be this gangter rapper on there and talked all funny and crap. Not to mention he was all cock-eyed too.

torque4015

[35]Jan 17, 2006
    • level: 18
    Walter Goggins (Shane)- "Joy Ride," "The Bourne Identity," and "House of 1000 Corpses."
    [/QUOTE]

Who did he play Joy Ride ??

DocMartigan

[36]Jan 18, 2006
    The guy that plays Doomsday was in the remake of the longest yard. He was the one in the trailers smoking while playing, and he had a cool scene in the movie where he put out his cigarette on one the guards' skin, lol.

DocMartigan

[37]Jan 18, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

jimispettel

[38]Jan 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    Paula Garc├ęs, who plays Officer Tina Hanlon, was Maria in Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle. I just realized it.

LadyNaz

[39]Jan 19, 2006
    donutsfordinner wrote:
    Michael Chiklis (Vic)- "The Fantastic Four" and the TV show "The Commish."
    Glenn Close (Monica)- Umm what hasn't she been in? She's been in "101 Dalmatians," "102 Dalmatians," "Sarah, Plain and Tall," "Heights," "Le Divorce," "The Stepford Wives," "Air Force One," "Fatal Attraction," and the list goes on.

LOL yeah Glenn has been in a HUGE amount of movies, the newest one is ChumScrubbers. My 2 cents on that movie is, if your bored and you've seen all the movies out on dvd, might as well watch it. Glenn (I can't really say because I don't want to give a spoiler away)its just a very strange movie, but she is a good actress in the movie, but not a huge part.

and for

Michael I hear he has been the voice in tv show family guy as well as the commish and of course, Fantastic 4.

I hope Michael is casted in more movies; he's such a great actor.

donutsfordinner

[40]Jan 19, 2006
    I agree with that...Michael Chiklis should be cast in more movies! He's awesome as a good guy, bad guy, superhero, whatever.
    Now I just want Kenny to be in more movies.