The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

"Family Meeting" (S07E13) Official Discussion

bauer81

[141]Jul 10, 2009
    • level: 8

j_jameson wrote:
    the sad ending shows just how great the shield was.

I agree 100%

It was a beyond perfection (sad) ending for a perfect dramatic show...

Edited on 07/10/2009 10:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mantawake

[142]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 1

Hi,

I saw all the seasons back to back and I must say that although the shield will remain an all time fav series, I was a bit disappointed with the finale. I must admit that I am a sucker for happy endings, and in hindsight of all the past episodes, Vic was only trying to llok out for his family!

He kept on hunting down the Mexican Cartel for a reason right? The real problem was Aceveda, as the way I see it, without him Lem would still be alive.....and Shane and Vic would have remained brothers.

The series was rather dark, even keeping in mind the complaints about the violence etc. It was disturbing, that's why I love it. I believe it provided a real outlook on life. All those sick bastards Dutch and the others catch exist in reality, so I admire the whole crew for pulling such a raw show. In fact, in my opinion that's why Walton Goggins and the rest appear so cheerful during interviews,because after they played such dark characters, they are glad to rid the emotional characters and be themselves.

Anyway, for the sake of mental stability, I would have enjoyed a happier ending. Would love to see M. Chiklis and Goggins appearing in Sons of Anarchy

oxohydroxo

[143]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 6
    The ending was realy great, dark but great. As for the individual characters:

Ronnie: I realy feel for him, he was the best from the Strike Team, i can't recall if he did any mistakes like Shane or Vic. He was the only one who deserved a 2nd chance. It made me sad and angry so see draged out like that.

Corrine Mackey: Well i can't say i like her character, she never gave Vic credit for what he was doing for his family (making money, risking his life, getting kids to the right schools etc..), she betrayed him once (kidnaped the kids..) i gues it was her way of saying thank you. Anyway the whole plot around whitness protection? I mean can the writers even spell it right? I will stress out word WHITNESS here. So there was no crime to whitness, becouse Vic got his immunity, so in the eyes of justice he was a free man. Why should they give her and their kids whitness protection? That was just silly... PS: the Desert Eagle was may be ment for her, becouse Vic could have found out where she was hiding..

Shane: Well he was the worst of all, the Judas of the Strike team. He deserved his fate. But i feel sorry for the his family. He should have protected them, ship them out somehow to Mexico or whatever.

Vic Mackey: He was a dubious character. Helped alot of peaple, loved and protected his family and co- workers. Was a loyal friend (at least till the sh*ty end). But never the less a criminal. The right way for him to go, should have been during a casual day, while jerking off some douche bag dealer, some of the other gangmembers would have killed a fresh recruite a kid, showing that the war on crime, can't be won with brute force of the police, but with the right education of our youngest.

PS: i hope there will be a final movie called : Vic's rampage, "Crank(2006)" style, where he takes care of some unfinished bussines like the lovely Claudett or Dutch, maybe the nice lady from ICE, breaks out Ronnie, a finds his family. I would realy like to see the reunion... well i guess thats just wishful thinking..

BernardoTerraza

[144]Sep 1, 2009
    aintthatapip wrote:

I hated it.

No ****hfest from Vick's daughter being moved into witness protection? The serial killer angle being left open? That wierd pointless mayoral candidates death? WTH.

waiting for this maybe in a deleted scene

TerryTateOFLB

[145]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 2

When Season 7 came out ... I decline to watch it ... after season 6 .. I decided to start all the way over and from start to finish ... i just finished The Shield this morning 09/19/2009 ..... there has never and I can't imagine how there'll ever be a better show....i'm stunned ... Shane, Maura , Claudette

Tell me how the best show ever made doesn't win an Emmy lol ...it's gonna be hard for me to watch any serious drama ...they wont' compare ... at least I have my Sci-fi still ! ( and when Lost ends. I don't think I'll even turn my TV on anymore )

Amazing

mkr10001

[146]May 10, 2010
    WOW i've just finished watching it all and wow

great show

i think the ending was good, not how i would have liked it, i don't like the way only vic got away with it all, but i suppose that's what he's been doing for the past 3 years so it was fitting. i feel sorry for ronnie though, he was the baby of the group.

a shame it was ruined a bit by unmarked spoilers on wikipedia

mkr10001

[147]May 10, 2010

oxohydroxo wrote:
    Anyway the whole plot around whitness protection? I mean can the writers even spell it right? I will stress out word WHITNESS here. So there was no crime to whitness, becouse Vic got his immunity, so in the eyes of justice he was a free man. Why should they give her and their kids whitness protection? T

I'm not sure what you're getting at here with 'whitness' but just do you know anyway, that's not how you spell witness.

ok?

kanakaris

[148]Jan 7, 2011
    is this topic still discussed?i just watched the final episode and i have my thoughts but if this forum isn't active and no one is looking...