The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

Favourite Shield moments

LII2

[21]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 12
    1. Co-Pilot- Introducing the Strike Team, Ronnie's famous quote" Ladies love the stash", and Vic at the end stealing Dutchboy's chair

2. Dutch telling Wyms about what did he to use the line up, for the victim of rapist by using a photo of his privates.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hurleyjunx666

[22]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 6

Season 1:
    -Vic killing Terry
    -Aceveda comes close to catching the strike team with the stolen drugs from Shane losing the truck only for Vic to flush some and then stash the rest in his back behind his jacket. Seeing Vic look himself in the mirror while he's stashing the drugs was just absolutely intense. Like a guy realizing what he's about to do but forcing himself to do it (episode 5 I think)
    -Dutch manages to catch the rapist while everyone watches and laughes then applauds and then Dutch breaks down
    -Shane and Lem investigate the cockfight ring
    -Vic's breakdown in the season finale

Season 2:
    -The strike team heads to Mexico to track down Armadillo's brother
    -Vic attacking Armadillo at the end of the second episode
    -Vic and Shane discover the money train and decide to rob it
    -Aceveda works with Julien on a case of a stolen bicycle
    -Danny shoots the muslim husband
    -Ronnie gets burned by Armadillo
    -The co-pilot episode
    -Vic and Shane meet with Gilroy and find out he's wired
    -The strike team seeing all the money and realizing it will have a huge impact on their lives in the finale (played to Live's OVERCOME)

Season 3:
    -Julien beating an ex-cop for beating him up at the end of season 2
    -Shane, Mara and Tavon get into it causing Tavon to crash his van
    -Aceveda getting raped
    -Aceveda interrogating the guy who raped him
    -Lem burning the money (that whole scene with the entire team was intense especially when Shane pulled his gun on Lem. I seriously thought he might actually pull the trigger)
    -Vic kills Margos
    -The strike team splits up in the season finale

Season 4:
    -Shane and Army get beaten up and then watch Antwon kill Angie with their guns
    -Lem comes after Shane
    -Dutch sings Hungry like the Wolf
    -Shane comes to Vic for help after Vic pulls his gun on Shane when they meet
    -Shane, Rawlings and Vic interrogate Antwon

Season 5 (so many good moments!):
    -Lem gets picked up by Kavanaugh and Kavanaugh says the line: "Why is it that the guy with the conscience gets caught holding the bag? We don't want that guy. We want the guy who put him in motion."
    -Lem and Vic meet and Lem asks Vic about Terry (end of episode 2)
    -Vic mixes truth with lies about Terry's death and then meets Kavanaugh face to face for the first time (end of episode 3)
    -Vic meets Emolia and almost snaps when she tells him about snitching on Lem (end of episode 4)
    -Kavanaugh's reaction to blowing the strike team's sting operation (end of episode 5)
    -Claudette breaks Kleavon and gets him to confess
    -Kavanaugh's interogation with his wife and his reaction when he finds out Vic and Lem are watching him. Then he meets with Antwon (the ending when he tells Antwon he's got his deal made me giddy about seeing the next episode)
    -Vic meets with Aceveda about working together to get rid of Kavanaugh (end of episode 9)
    -Vic attempts to get Lem to go to Mexico and then seeing Lem breakdown (OF MICE AND LEM episode played to Smashing Pumpkins)
    -Shane and Lem meet up and then Shane drops a grenade in his lap. Then everyone shows up with Kavanaugh saying "Are you happy now, Detective Mackey?" Vic and Kavanaugh get into it before Vic vows to get revenge on the person who kills Lem (Shane's face expression was priceless)

Season 6:
    -Kavanaugh goes to jail and Vic meets him there.
    -Vic kills Guardo
    -Vic breaks down at the hospital when he can't save someone who gets shot
    -Shane confesses to Mara that he killed Lem
    -Shane and Vic meet up and about Lem's death and then Vic disowns Shane
    -Shane gives an envelope to Vic about all the stuff the strike team did in the past
    -Ronnie talks to Vic about Terry's death and affirms that he's in Vic's corner
    -Billings decides to sue the department
    -Aceveda and Vic decide to work together and bring down the cartel with Pezuela
    -Shane kidnaps Corrine and Cassidy

Season 7:
    -Dutch's interrogation with Lloyd
    -Aceveda and Vic realizing that Olivia is in the blackmail box
    -Robert Martin's murder
    -Shane realizing that Vic and Ronnie set him up
    -Shane asking Two-man "how's your jaw" in reference to asking him to help kill Ronnie
    -Shane escaping the barn after Two-man's confession
    -Vic about to shoot Shane and Mara before Mara causes the police to aprehend Vic
    -Mara shooting a woman after Shane wrestles with the druggies for money
    -Vic confesses to everything he's done to Olivia
    -Shane commits suicide and takes Mara and JAckson with him
    -Claudette interrogates Vic and reads him Shane's suicide note
    -Ronnie gets arrested and confronts Vic
    -The final scene of one of the great finales ever where Vic almosts sheds tears only to get out his gun, let out a tiny smile and then walk away from his desk

Obviously a lot of great moments. There's a whole lot that I'm probably missing but these are the most intense and the ones that stand out the most when I think of the show and any particular season.

Season 7:
    -

MarkKellerman

[23]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 4
    When the Strike Team offered Smitty the locksmith $100,000.00 to help them bail Lem out of jail, to which smitty replies (paraphrasing here) "For all of the nickel and dime stuff I've done for you guys over the years, I don't even want to SEE what a hundred thousand dollar favor looks like!" Cracked me up to no end. Anything with Billings rocks, too.

LII2

[24]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    The Comment" You don't dry clean Oriental rugs", from Ronnie Dutch getting tackled by that fat guy in the first season

Vic's last interrogation with Armadillo, where he also attempts to strangle him in " Scar Tissue".

MarkKellerman

[25]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 4

LII2 wrote:
    1. Co-Pilot- Introducing the Strike Team, Ronnie's famous quote" Ladies love the stash", and Vic at the end stealing Dutchboy's chair 2. Dutch telling Wyms about what did he to use the line up, for the victim of rapist by using a photo of his privates.

Ronnie has some doozies. In season 5 he knew where the mens discount clothing store was, and there was a time (season 4 dealing with the Armenians & Margos maybe?) where he happily declared "I am taking the rest of the day off!" as they dicovered some valuable eveidence during a bust.

Ronnie is great, and Billings is another favorite of mine due to the levity he brought to the show. There was an episode in which they joined forces that had some funny moments in it. Ronnie and Billings were out on 'Strike Team' type detail, and the sheer joy it brought Billings, to be hanging with the 'tough guys' doing 'tough guy cop stuff'--we later see Billings telling the tale of it to the other cops at The Barn and pantomiming the violence--these are the moments that cement the shows greatness to me.

I love the Gannon character in co-pilot, too. Calling Dutch 'Butch' & 'Fletch' and everything except his correct name killed me. He and the Strike Team laughing it up in The Clubhouse was funny, too. That episode has so much foreshadowing and irony in it (as you watch the show to its conclusion) that it's scary how talented and creative Shawn Ryan and the writers are.

SenatorMayor

[26]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    Cum burper.

Bisrossk

[27]May 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    The moment where Kavanaugh refuses to help his wife after he finds out she faked her rape... and then finds out Vic was watching him through the interrogation room camera.

Vic's confession to the FBI. Having all his crimes laid out to some stranger, and seeing their reactions to it, really puts it all in perspective. Having him get immunity for all of it makes that scene the highlight of the series, for me.

Ronnie realizing Vic betrayed him and flipping out.

The montage at the very end of the series, where they play clips of all the major characters and big events that have happened over the last seven years set to "Long Time Ago".

BernardoTerraza

[28]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 1

Well its the small things that stick to me...

Finding out the IAD sting went wrong and Vic walked out talking like whats up now!!

When that Russian Mobster blew up with C4

When Danni and David were riding and got shot at

The fight between Shane and Tevon

When Mara was tied up on the couch

Shane banging that girl i think Telly or something

When Vic was waiting for that Ice Agent Olivia to come home.

Still awaiting Deleted scenes from Season 7

Deleted Scenes - When Danni had a one night stand with that street hustler

Many many more im sure..

KingofIPirates

[29]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 32
    So many.. Let's see... This
    dog_3074 wrote:
    The scene between Dutch and that killer who was caught masturbating in the alleyway (S2 I think) who turns the table ininterview, psychoanalysing him while everyone watches in the other room to laugh until Dutch nails him at the end. One of the best moments ever in the Shield in my opinion.

This
    blknge wrote:
    Vic handing over his badge to Claudette.
    Poor Dutch being spyed on through a police camera while he's singing in his car.

This
    gizmoto1987 wrote:
    Season 5 "Kavanaugh" The whole episode.Season 7 "Parracide" When Shane runs.Season 7 "Possible Kill Screen" When Vic confesses.

This
    jrob28 wrote:
    Oh yeah, I too loved that Tavon/Shane scene at his apartment and the aftermath when Tavon gets thrown out of the car.

This
    NotAmerican wrote:
    Kavanaugh losing it when he finds out Lem's getting a deal, and the main target (Vic, of course) is walking away free.
    Kavanaugh losing it was one of the most unintentionally hilarious scenes.
    This
    hurleyjunx666 wrote:
    Aceveda comes close to catching the strike team with the stolen drugs from Shane losing the truck only for Vic to flush some and then stash the rest in his back behind his jacket. Seeing Vic look himself in the mirror while he's stashing the drugs was just absolutely intense. Like a guy realizing what he's about to do but forcing himself to do it (episode 5 I think)
    The look on Aceveda's face was epic.

This
    hurleyjunx666 wrote:

Kavanaugh goes to jail and Vic meets him there.-Vic kills Guardo Vic breaks down at the hospital when he can't save someone who gets shotClaudette interrogates Vic and reads him Shane's suicide note Ronnie gets arrested and confronts Vic

I'd also add any one-liner involving Vic, Claudette's insults, I'm sure there's more I haven't thinked of yet.

CjTl2005

[30]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 11

Just finished Season 5 episode 5 (Trophy). Kavanaugh's temper tantrum at the end of the episode is probably my favorite Shiled moment so far.

Before that it was when they planted the knife on one of Armadillo's rivals and planted him next to Armadillo. Sucked for Dani, but a slick move nonetheless.

CjTl2005

[31]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 11

When Mara died. I hated that her. She was everything I hate about women wrapped up in one whiny annoying b-word.

marlonjones

[32]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 16
    CjTl2005 wrote:

When Mara died. I hated that her. She was everything I hate about women wrapped up in one whiny annoying b-word.

Just finished the whole series in over 2 weeks and it was one of the best viewing pleasures ever (and i've seen and loved a lot).

But Mara was the only thing i truly hated(besides Vic giving up Ronnie, which was the one thing i never thought Vic would ever do, still mad about that)...whiny annoying bia sums it up perfect. She ruined Shane....

As for memorable moments, pretty much everything that's been said already except the Kavanaugh character. Forest is so brilliant in it he made me hate him, portraying the character like that...season 5 was my least favourite season because it changed the focus of the show too much (for me)....season 2 and 4 were my fav...

Ayway, way too many favourite moments but i have to give props for Jay Karnes and CCH Pounder...Dutch and Claudette's relationship from beginning to end is unmatched...brilliant actors...

And one more that hasn't been mentioned: Vic going solo way deep into mexican gang territory to confront Santi...holy hell that was the boldest and bravest (and dumbest thing) Vic ever did...crazy good stuff!