The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

If you can think of an alternative ending for the season finale

thundercat2000

[1]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 17
    what would you write?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Greenlit829

[2]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 3

I have two interesting scenarios for an alternate ending:

1) Instead of Vic getting his gun out of the locker and walking out with that hardass look on his face at the end----which was practically a giveaway, IMO, that he will somehow, eventually wiggle out of this sh*t situation----when the lights go out in the office, (right after Vic shuts his eyes), the screen goes to black, and we just hear the sound of Vic sucking in a deep breath, and sighing painfully. Roll credits.

2) This ending would require more of a change in the overall storyline of the finale. Instead of being bound to desk duty for 3 years with ICE, let's just say that Vic would get full immunity, no more, no less. Everything else goes down the same----Corrine escapes to some boring faraway suburb with the kids, Ronnie is arrested, etc. So now Vic is free, but he has no job and no friends. In the days that follow, he tries to get another job in security, as a private investigator, etc. Except that Olivia, after learning about his crimes, puts a permanent and official "black blot" on his work record, which makes any respectable employer who checks references very reluctant to hire him. Vic can't get a job doing anything but crappy manual labor or similar menial work. In the final scene, Vic wakes up in his crappy apartment, walks out to the mailbox, and finds an eviction notice(probably for failing to pay rent on time). He sits down on the steps, staring at it. The camera zooms in on his face, and he finally shuts his eyes. Roll credits.

Either way, its ends really badly for Mackey.

rkd1234

[3]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 2

I would have it end in such a way that Shane was able to get away with his family and live happily ever after.

I'll come up with a scenario another time

AlexKrycec

[4]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 7
    it would have been great to see shane get the drop on vic, somehow, someway, and kill him. he'd then write a confession that cleared mara and the kids, saying she's been coerced by shane the whole time. shane would then kill himself, writing something in the note to the effect of...

'this world was never big enough for the both of us, but much better without us.'

i hated to see shane die, but at least it would have been a bit more admirable then killing his whole family. and i hated how in a matter of 3 episodes they turned him into king junkie (NOT)!

FlyingHitman

[5]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 5

I didn't like the ending that much. I mean Vic did some really bad stuff over the 7 Seasons, but at least je was loyal to his strike team. Getting immunity and letting Ronnie take the fall isn't like him.

I liked Shane killing himself and his fricking wife, so I would leave that as it is, but for Vic and Ronny I would have liked some kind of happy ending. I really like Vic and his way of handling things, even if it is illegal most of the time. The only really bad thing I can think of he did was killing Crowley.

My ending would be like this:

Shane wrote another black bock of all the things they've done, before he put a bullet in his own head. Because of that Vic and Ronni had to flee the country, of course with a good share of the cartels drug money. Vic convinces Corrine to go with him and he could enjoy his well earned retirement with his kids.

And for those who don't like happy endings:

It still could be like written above, but in the last scene we would see Vic and Ronnie getting killed by the cartel.

Shikady

[6]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 13

- Ronnie invents a Time Machine so him and Vic could go to the past and kill Mara as soon as she met Shane, problem solved. (?)

I don't know, i liked the ending.

KingofIPirates

[7]Apr 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Shikady wrote:

- Ronnie invents a Time Machine so him and Vic could go to the past and kill Mara as soon as she met Shane, problem solved. (?)

I don't know, i liked the ending.

yeah I would vote for that ending, though like you I didn't really mind how the Shield ended.

hmnut7

[8]May 6, 2010
    • level: 12

I just didn't like the "getting the gun" at the end. It was a real "huh?" moment.

I think it could have ended with a sad Vic behind his desk realizing what his life had become.

But if I could have wrote the ending I would have had.....

Vic is waiting for Ronnie to show up at the big bust but Ronnie had already escaped to Mexico and beyond, he sends Vic one last message saying "screw you, Lem is dead because he trusted you, not me."

Dutch has a three way with Corrine and Tina.

Danni admits that her son's father is actually Julian's and that's why he stopped caring about having a son because he got one.

Claudette dies under the weight of her own self righteousness.

David.... um...... I don't really care, he becomes Mayor I guess or better yet the new Farmington kingpin.

Shane has a shoot out with the police, Mara is killed in the gun fight. Shane goes to jail and is sentenced to death.

Vic gets arrested on some kind of loophole in his ICE deal. Kav is at his trial laughing his ass off.

In prison Vic passes Shane, awaiting his death, they share a look of "how did we let it come to this."

Vic is later in his cell alone, when suddenly the door to the cell opens and a whole bunch of thugs go inside, with Antwon calling the shots. Zoom into Vic looking bad ass ready for the fight of his life. Roll Credits.

But the ending they had was okay too.

mkr10001

[9]May 10, 2010
    • level: 8
    im loving the threesome idea

but i think everyone should be friends in the end. vic and shane make up and ronnie doesnt go to jail

KurtPikachu2001

[10]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 11
    I was okay with the ending, but I think it should've ended having Ron get immunity instead of going to prison. And Ron can have a boring job in Washington State watching the boarders.

evi81s

[11]Aug 18, 2010
    • level: 1

First of all I have to say that I love this TV show. Everything about it. I admit that sometimes the violent scenes were a little bit more than I could handle, but this realistic view of the world was what kept me in front of the TV. All the actors were brilliant, and they should all be nominated for awards, especially Michael Chiklis, who gave out an outstanding performance as a corrapted officer, (I'm so proud he is Greek!).

Now, as for the ending, I must say I was a little disappointed. I wanted justice. But the writers can argue that they gave every character the justice they deserved. Personally, I would give the series another season, thats why the ending would be different.

Since the title of the last episode was "Family meeting", I think that the "family" should meet again. And by that, I mean the Strike Team.

Shane does attempt to commit suicide after having killed his wife and son but he fails at he last minute and he is arrested for all of his crimes.

Ronnie is arrested as well, after Vick's arrengement with ICE.

Vick, sitting at his boring desk, with a suit for the first time in his life, completely cut off from all the action and the thrill he once lived, he finally realises what he has done. The long shot at his face, just before the lights go out, where we can actually hear the thoughts in his head, do not lead to suicide as we all think. He takes his gun and he somehow violates the terms of his arrangement with the ICE (I can't think of details) and he ends up in prison as well. So, for the last time, the so-called "family" is all together again, each one facing their one demons, everyone for themselves, trying to survive.

So, for a final scene, I would like to see the three of them, passing the gates of a prison, looking at each other and knowing that now they are all alone, and in the end there could be only ONE! (You know, like Highlander).

(Thank God I'm not a writer, right?)