The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

"Possible Kill Screen" (S07E12) Official Discussion

Stingseven

[61]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 8
    This is my bet for the ending -- oh yes, Vic did sell Ronnie down the river, and when Ronnie asks Vic about the "one week" Ronnie thinks it will take for his deal to come down, Vic is going to lower the boom that there is no deal for Ronnie, and of course, Vic will start whining about what he had to do for his family and promise Ronnie rock star treatment in the clink. Ronnie will finally see Vic for the festering bag of shiite that he is, and put a bullet right through his skull. Buh-bye. And a fitting ending for, IMO, the most complicated character ever on television. Vic's moral code wrestles with his sense of loyalty which clashes with his sociopathic sense of self-preservation. Put it together, you have no idea what Vic will do next. Shane and Mara will come to a tragic end. Those dudes he stole from will probably find him and take him out. Mara too. Poor Corinne will be stuck with Jackson. Something is definitely going to go down with Dutch and teen killer. It will be sad to see this show go, but I am loving how it is going out! Makes the Sopranos last season seem kinda lame.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Greenlit829

[62]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 3

Stingseven wrote:
    Makes the Sopranos last season seem kinda lame.

The Sopranos was an HBO show, where storylines could be AS shocking and f*cked-up as the writers wanted, you could show gratuitous sex, nudity, drug use, and say "F**K" and "S*IT" as many times as you wanted. Basically, it had ultimate creative freedom. On the other hand, The Shield is a basic cable show with a lot more regulations and censors.

And yet, The Shield manages to be a better and more entertaining overall show than The Sopranos. That's an amazing accomplishment.

Edited on 11/21/2008 6:04pm

mik_64

[63]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 2

The confession scene was amazing.

The part in the middle of where he was describing the Armenian Money Train roberry, just before Claudette comes in. He is revelling in his deeds and even smiling. If you have ever read any books by the FBI profiler John Douglas he points out during his interviews with serial killers that they get a kick out reliving their crime.

Vic is surely as bad as those guys, he is more than Al Capone with a badge.

RamboPSuperman

[64]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 2

Vic Mackey has officially lost it all. His wife, his job, his badge, and now he's lost his soul as well. There was only one thing keeping him from being just another criminal, and that was his loyalty to his friends. Now that that's gone, he really has nothing. The way that the confession played out made you realize just how evil the guy really is... he betrayed his whole team and didn't even flinch, didn't even change his story or try to protect anyone involved. He has always been about his own survival and nothing more... he is willing to do whatever it takes to protect his own interests. Before this, there was always some trace of humanity... now it's completely gone.

This has been without a doubt one of the greatest shows ever to air on television... and while it's a real shame that it's all coming to an end, it's also refreshing to see it going out on a very very very high note. Every season of this show has managed to further develop and enhance everything that came before it. I have to say that I am very glad I have followed this show from beginning to end, as it is without a doubt one of the most incredible pieces of entertainment I have ever witnessed.

The characters are now more developed than ever, and continue to grow. Ronnie has proved himself to be a cold-blooded murderer, capable of causally and calmly talking to a man right before pulling out his gun and without warning shooting him dead. Shane has shown genuine loyalty to Mara, and has shown that protecting his family is more important to him than even his own welfare. Dutch and Claudette have once again proved that they are, out of all of the characters on the show, the most worthy of doing what they do... because they show a genuine interest in doing what's right, and because they are the most selflessly dedicated.

I can already tell that this final episode is going to be absolutely incredible.

AlexKrycec

[65]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 7
    mik_64 wrote:

The confession scene was amazing.

The part in the middle of where he was describing the Armenian Money Train roberry, just before Claudette comes in. He is revelling in his deeds and even smiling. If you have ever read any books by the FBI profiler John Douglas he points out during his interviews with serial killers that they get a kick out reliving their crime.

Vic is surely as bad as those guys, he is more than Al Capone with a badge.

i read one of his books, and i know exactly what you're talking about! good catch.

what if ronnie (re)approached ICE after he and vic had their first visit to the ICE offices? what if ronnie said something to the effect of, "i know vic will come back and sign this stritly for immunity and leave me to hang. give me this deal NOW, and let's leave VIC in the wind for his crimes. this could explain why ronnie is sticking around for the next episode (as seen in the trailer).