The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

Season 8

Seyss2

[1]Sep 18, 2010
    • level: 1

I was disgusted by how Ryan/FX ended the show. They didn't properly finished up all stories, and pictures Vic as a monster (when he betrayed Ronnie), and he is not.

So I started writing a Season 8 for The Shield. Any feedback is welcome.

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1ijpnYP1gav7Y7k-AfegqsscN1beq1axjiErcKHwXBT4&hl=en
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

avi01

[2]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 26
    I must say that for me the ending was almost perfect and I wouldn`t change it...I thought it was a logical ending to the show.
    Now that doesn`t mean what you wrote the bad, it is actually pretty good.Enjoyed reading that.

haroldbryant

[3]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 1

Good job on your draft copy of a season 8. The Shield is one of my "All-Time favorite" shows. Having served 25 years in Public Safety within Los Angeles County, some of that time as a city police officer (not LAPD), some as an EMT and the rest as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer/Agent for ICE's predecessor, the I.N.S., I could function as an expert technical adviser on The Shield or any law enforcement (or paramedic) show for that matter. As far as the Shield was concerned, there is not much I would have to suggest for them to change, other than the glaring error as to the style of badge and it's incorrect placement on the uniforms in all but the Pilot episode of Season One. Everyone knows that LAPD, as well as nearly EVERY city police agency in the state of California has an Oval shaped badge since the 1990s and that badges are worn above the left shirt-pocket of any uniform and the name-plate over the right pocket of any uniform shirt. I'm fairly certain this error was forced upon the production crew due to a lawsuit or injunction by the City of Los Angeles.

Anyway, let me know if I may be of any assistance, technical or otherwise. I really hope there will be a follow-up to the tragic ending of Season 7!

blackmage8472

[4]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 15

Seyss2 wrote:
    pictures Vic as a monster (when he betrayed Ronnie), and he is not.

How is Mackey not a monster? Or do you have a different definition of a man who kills a cop and covers it up? Don't get me wrong, I just watched the show and loved it. But Vic was the absolute definition of the anti-hero. He had some good parts to him despite his twisted definition of justice however he was a thief, a drug kingpin, a brutal murder, a betrayer of the one deadly rule he imposed on his crew, who was able to manipulate his position of power to get away with it. He and Shane were incredibly dark characters and both were monsters, the only difference was Vic was calculating and manipulative and Shane was a mad dog.

Personally I liked how the show ended. Vic got everything he cared about stripped him, Corrine got away, Claudette can claim credit for cleaning house, Dutch solidifies him self as the right hand man, and the rabid dog got put down (though I feel sorry he killed Mara and Jackson).

drlowdon

[6]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 8

I liked the final episode. As far as Vic knew he was having to chooses between his team (well just Ronnie) and his family. I don't see why choosing his family made him a monster, as he says himself he's done far worse.