We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

The Shield has credibility problems

Antimatter1957

[1]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 1
    You don't give someone 10 days to be fired and let him continue working. You put him on Admin Leave then fire him. Also, you can't take his pension unless he commits a felony.
    Edited on 10/25/2008 6:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AlexKrycec

[2]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 7
    they've been pretty bad with the whole vic losing his job thing. it seems like his termination was bumped back so much, that i started to care less about him losing his job. i think they kept him off of admin leave in his final ten days because the barn was short-staffed. as for his pension, well, i got nothin' there.

blknge

[3]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 9

crap I don't think about this stuff, it's a horrible road Vic is traveling on, guess that overshadows some things like this.

Aragorn64468

[4]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 15
    your spelling of this thread has CREDIBILITY problems

therealcromar

[5]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 6
    Antimatter1957 wrote:
    You don't give someone 10 days to be fired and let him continue working. You put him on Admin Leave then fire him. Also, you can't take his pension unless he commits a felony.

I have faith in the Shield's consulting team that they wouldn't allow something like this to go through. Even if it did, I don't really care.

dgranitz2004

[6]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    He has been accused of many felonies, including stealing and dealing drugs, beating up suspects, and sadly, even lem's murder. Vic's jacket just screams piece of crap who doesnt follow the law. I think, while yes he hasnt commited a felony, that his rap sheet can specifically speak for itself. I mean, look at Pac-man Jones. He wasn't convicted of any of the 10 crimes he was accused of but the NFL still suspended him for a year, and his union rep couldn't do crap. Granted, awful analogy, but even if you are right and its not credible, who cares? It has made for so much better television!!

Antimatter1957

[7]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 1

Vic pays for his crimes by dying or going to prison. I think they painted themselves in a corner by having Vic kill Terry.

Edited on 10/25/2008 6:37pm

NeoDio25

[8]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 3
    Honestly I think Vic gave up his badge for two reasons, the first was that since Claudette and everyone knew that Shane called the hit on Ronnie, Vic would probably spend his last days on the Barn behind a desk and with a very very short leash, this way he can chase Shane freely.
    The other reason is ICE...it seems buttercup is going to get him in undercover to get Pezuela, after all, Vic spent too much time with him just to let him slip away.

Romano338

[9]Oct 27, 2013
    • level: 8
    You can find like 4-5 not credible things in The Shield while it's at least 8-9 per episode in any other show of that kind.
    Looks pretty good to me.