The Shield Forums

FX (ended 2008)

The Shield vs 24

Which is the better show, The Shield or 24?

darizaz

[41]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 12

4 sure shield is better

no competition in this

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ostia999

[42]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 4
    The shield!! Clearly the most realistic show i`ve ever seen on TV.

-Blade-Runner

[43]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 10
    The Shield is one of the best TV shows I've seen, opposed to the annoying 24.
    For me it's like comparing a good dish of Indian Cuisine with junk food.

Rastamo

[44]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 11
    I ike them bothe but the shield is my favorite show

rockin01

[45]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 16
    This breaks my heart. I love both shows- but The Shield is clearly the more consistently excellent show (based on the first 5 seasons; I haven't seen S6 yet).
    Edited on 09/30/2007 12:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

joshjr

[46]Sep 29, 2007
    I think the Shield is better. I have seen all episodes from both series and the Shield keeps you hooked through each episode of each season. 24 really fell off in season 6 pretty bad. I am not sure alot of people would even care if 24 was done for good but I know that the Shield fans keep asking for more. I do like 24 alot but not as much as the Shield for sure. Another thing, one of the reasons that 24 is more popular is that its on FOX which anyone can pick up with an antenna but the Shield is on FX which requires you to either have cable or satellite. Go figure why 24 has more fans and the Shield is under rated.

EverteMax

[47]Sep 30, 2007

No perference for any show...in fact you can even have a the shield vs 24 vs csi vs desperate housewives vs heroes or watsoever...It's tv, aims to bring you away from the real world...I can accept some of the unrealistic elements in entertainment...To be true, how realistic is the shield? It's the dedication of the actors that I see...I mean Michael and Kiefer with their expression when they are in the role, when you have a moment when you're watching that you believe that Jack Bauer and Vic Mackey exists, that's the difference between shows that tank and those that move on past the 3rd season...

But I do know that 24 really screwed up this season, while the shield really picked up after quite a boring 3rd and 4th...so based on this season, yah the shield is better...but both shows are good, period...

Edited on 09/30/2007 7:33am

AG19

[48]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 9
    I never liked 24 and The Shield is my favorite show despite a terrible finale in S6 but this is a completely unfair discussion. Of course you'll get biased answers in The Shield fourm. Go put up the same poll in the 24 fourm and they'll kill The Shield over there. You have to respect the viewership that 24 has managed to get.

vicisdashiat

[49]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 3
    Well, as i mentioned before, i did take this discussion to the 24 forum and it was deleted within two hours and i was "charged" with disruptive posting. I created this just to have something to talk/argue about, it's not a godd*mn presidential election so if you don't agree with the way I have set it up, you can just go f*ck yourself. I am tired of defending my position of why i created this thread which you would see if you read the other posts.

AG19

[50]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 9
    No need to be such a woman about it, I was just stating my opinion.All I meant wasthe results of this poll are completely skewed and really don't mean anything becauseof where it's located. Again, this is the opinion of someone who loves The Shield and doesn't like 24.

direktive4

[51]May 11, 2011
    • level: 1

im resurrecting an old thread i guess, but just wanted to chime in. I was a fan of 24 ever since it first started, while I was in high school. It did get really predictable to the point that it was parodying itself, but whenever I just wanted to get lost in some Jack Bauer action, I would watch it. It really does feel like you're just watching a (nearly) 24 hour long action movie each season. It was also fun to see it pay homage to lots of action films from the past, particularly the Die Hard series. And if anyone was a fan of RoboCop as much as I was growing up, you must have been giddy when SO MANY of RC's cast started popping up through the series, it was like a reuinion!

that said, I've only recently started watching the Shield and I must say that hands-down, it is the better QUALITY show. I'm already almost done with season 3, the characters and stories being told are done so with care and great acting/directing it just keeps me glued to the tv. I agree with many who have stated that the 2 shows should not be compared as they are very different.

24 is like a realllllyyyy long Die Hard movie, its just popcorn stuff (which i like!), while The Shield is more along the lines of The Wire (which is the GREATEST show ever), a gritty/raw character driven drama.

love em both! just for very different reasons

drlowdon

[52]Aug 17, 2011
    • level: 8

I personally preferred The Shield but comparing the two is pointless. 24 was never meant to be realistic (why would it be ones mans job to continually save everyone) but for most of its run it was certainly entertaining and I got through the DVD boxsets pretty quickly.

HUSSEIN24

[53]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 7

24 is better then The Shield 100 time not 100 but 1000000 time .... and don't know if you watched 24 or just hired someone talking about 24 and you said that right if you do watch 24 you will know there is alot of scenes jack will not be in , in this scenes jack is doing what ever he want eat and any thing else .. what is your point ... what you want : you want to see jack eating , people please grow up the show is not about eating and jack is not a big fat ass .. if you want to see some food and people eating it go and watch food channel and don't watch 24 because is not about food it's about saving peoples life .... also jack in all 8 seasons never work alone always works with someone .... there is alot of character did no die ... jack is not the only survivor ...... in the end if you want sandwich ,if you fell hungry go and buy some food , put please do not plame 24 for not showing you a sandwich ...... 24 is the best show in the history of humanity