The Shield

Grave

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 22, 2005 on FX

• This one ties up Acevedas final day and sets up the next arc.

Aceveda spent his last day flexing his sanctimony and burying Vic as best he could. It was fine for him to use Vic's less than by the book methods to his advantage but now that the new Captain wants to use him properly (and probably do it intelligently so that Vic won't feel he has to act like a cowboy) he wants to nobble him.

Meanwhile Claudette (more sanctimonious than Acededa could ever be), and by association the narcissistic Dutch, are still pariahs with the heirarchy after taking the high road in "On Tilt".

I was also really interested to see they tied up a loose end with the death of Gilroy. This is one of the things that makes this show so exceptional - it's attention to detail.

And then there's Shane. Every season I hope they'll get rid of him, and then he stays around to do something even more dangerous and stupid than the previous one. Now the redneck drongo is trying to be Vic and strong arming the local drug lords. At what point I wonder, will he mature and grow a brain?! Mara is welcome to him - in fact, they deserve each other.