The Shield

Homewrecker

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 11, 2003 on FX

• Detectives Wagenbach, Mackey and Wyms investigate a massacre at a women's shelter, and Captain Aceveda works with Lowe on the case of a stolen bicycle.

Detectives Wagenbach, Mackey and Wyms investigate a massacre at a women's shelter, and Captain Aceveda works with Lowe on the case of a stolen bicycle. The stolen bicycle storyline was pretty dumb, but it didn't take up much of the episode and I think there were three big things that came out of it: David helps Lowe with making sure there are no secrets, Lowe saves David when the kid wants to incorrectly accuse him of something, and David decides to buy the kid a new bike when he cannot find the old one on the streets. So while a stoeln bike may have seemed pointless, it actually did come with a lot of really strong scenes. The other portion of the show was actually really good. Once again I think that Cutch and Claudeete have the worst scenes of the episode, I just don't connect with either character enough to care what's going on. Vic continues to make sure he keeps his family safe and works on the new case in the meantime. Seeing Vic's new C.I. die kind of sucked, just ebcause we knew her from season one and she certainly made a lot of effort to try and clean herself up. In the end she was too overcome with money and she put herself in a dangerous situation. The scene in the hotel was easily the best of the episode and one of the best of the season. Overall - Really strong episode where only Dutch and Claudette failed to deliever for me.