The Shield

Party Line

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 04, 2008 on FX

• It's okay, says Shane.

The week has passed by us again (with important history too) and I'm back writing again with a review and predictions for the next episode, the wait will definitely keep me excited all week.

I won't bother with everything that happened and now lets get into my thoughts.

There's no wrong here, it does not let down because of a few good reasons. The gripping hold it has with this story doesn't let up, Corrine speaks with Dutch and Claudette very early in the episode instead of the very end as the main hook to keep us with the show (as if we weren't already). Too soon are we seeing her phone calls becoming monitored and completely against her past husband. Ronnie is in deeper now despite some effort to get out and I'm feeling now that he the least terrible of the two men will face punishment. The monumental challenge for Vic at the end and a choice for Mara will which decide so much for her and this story.

Shane and Mara have some very sweet moment together that feel a bit like Bonnie and Clyde, two on the run but their love for each other won't stop, there is more Shakespearian elements in their scenes that is before all their money is stolen.

Vic hires some connections to get Shane as he would offer them 10K, well it happens and then it doesn't, the men walk off with Shane and Mara's money and now this presents an even larger problem for Vic, one of his last few, 2 great intense scenes these were. The last one for this episode comes when Claudette speaks to Mara while she was speaking to Corrine, Mara is offered the convincing last chance out.

I predict the next episode will be surely be the one in which Mara will decide what should happen, will Shane's only support flee or will her love prevail which will ruin her life, Jackson's and this child unaware of this crisis.