The Shield

Scar Tissue

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 25, 2003 on FX

• Season Long Story-Arch cut in half

When Vic discovers that Ronnie has been burned as payback, the rest of the team does everything they can to put an end to him. Meanwhile, Claudette makes headway on her investigation against Vic after a conversation with Corrine, and Dutch takes Danny under his wing as they try to find the suspect of a Thai Town beating. To be honest I was very surprised that the Armidillio storyline came to an end in this episode. I did have a feeling that it would come to an end one way or another though when he gave himself up to the police. Ronnie is absent in the episode due to his face being burned off in the last episode, but the other members of the strike team make sure that they bring in Armidillio. I liked the first portion of the episode, with the strike team on the hunt looking for him. I also liked the transition to just Vic and the guy one on one in the room where it looks like he is going to get away with everything. The other members of the strike team pull through and make sure that he doesn't get away. Overall though I liked everything about the Strike Team portion of the episode and I thought the Armidillio arch was done very well by the writers.

Vic's personal life is once again a big portion of the episode that kind of gets lost in the big picture of everything. His wife's house gets broken into and she hears Claudette tell her some things at the station that she doesn't like to hear. Claudette to me seems like she is the number one person who is set to inherit David's job once he leaves for whatever he is running for. Also - where did the fifth Strike Team member talk go to all of a sudden?

Emma and Vic hook up at the end of the episode, basically finishing what they started at the end of the last episode. I don't know if Emma will stay around or not or if she will leave now that Vic and her have hooked up this time around. The minor stuff with Ditch and Danny was pretty boring, right up until Danny tried to kiss Ditch. I thought that was kind of weird. Dutch makes reference to the fact that he is still dating Kim from season one, but once Danny returns from suspension that should turn into a very interesting little sub-arch.
  • The season has definitely picked up momentum, and this episode keeps the ball rolling. Vic and the Team go all out to take down Armadillo, and Claudette's investigation gets too close to Vic for comfort.

Dutch investigates the unexplained mutilation of an Asian man, and asks Danny to help him. Danny finds she has an aptitude for detective work.

Vic and the Team pull out all stops to find Armadillo, and to silence him for good. Someone breaks into Vic's home, and Corrine stops by the Barn to see Vic, only to end up being interrogated by Claudette, who gains crucial information from her. Vic confronts Claudette and warns her to stay away from his family. While he's at it, Vic tells off the civilian auditor.

The Team closes in on Armadillo, who still has a few surprises in store.