The Simpsons

Bart Gets Famous

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 03, 1994 on FOX

• perfect

what i liked- the ending with the catchphrases, and Lisa not having one and Homer asking 'what the hell kind of catchphrase is that?', all the scenes in the box factory, Bart becoming famous, "I love you Krusty!" "Over there!", Grampa complaining because he has to pay to see his grandson, Bart repeatedly saying repetitiviness is his job, and then repeatedly saying he was going to give the best performance of his life, etc.

hilarious episode, like all of season 5. not a dull moment and definitely a classic episode. A+

• this was a good ep

in this ep of the simpsons show the springfield 4th grade class goes on a field trip the box factory and bart sneaks away and goes off on his own and he sntubles into the krusty clown who hires him as assitant. bart gets a job part as a sketch but inadvertly messes it up and says i didnt do that. a catch prhase which catapults him to celberty status people are saying the phrase all the time and wanting him to say it all the time when they see him. and he gets to go on the show conan obrian this was a good ep
  • Marvelous!

After Bart sneaks away from a field trip to the box factory, he finds himself working as Krusty's assistant. Krusty lets Bart act out a scene on one of his gags, but Bart messes up the line and says, "I didn't do it." The phrase is an instant success and leads Bart to his fifteen minutes of fame.

Marvelous episode "I am waiting for a ... I didn't do it" The box factory was hilarious
    "Over there is the TV studio where the film Krusty the klown and other non-box related programs"

Box factorys are so lame! :lol: anyway in conclusion i rate this episode 9.2
    Box factory!!!!!!
  • O yeah 3 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!

While working as Krusty the Clown's personal assistant, Bart accidentally steals the limelight when he knocks over a set on live TV and says four magic words: "I didn't do it." Bart becomes more famous than anyone, especially Krusty, could have ever expected, landing his own TV series, cutting a record, appearing on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and on T-shirts from Springfield to Shelbyville. Bart's fame comes to an end when his fans turn fickle and realize that "I didn't do it" isn't such a funny catchphrase after all. This episode shows us what a great season season 5 really is!!!!
  • I didn't do it.

This episode has one of the funniest 1st acts I have ever seen. Bart gets hyped over a field trip that will end up being a bland visit to the box factory, which ironically, has a lot of funny moments. Next, Bart ends up in Channel 6 where he suddenly gets to end up working for Krusty the Clown. The "I didn't do it" plot came in too late for me but it still had many jokes. The ending was a nice twist and yet rings so true for many 15-minute celebrities. This is by all means a classic 5th season episode.

Grade: A-
  • He has my Emmy vote.

Out of my favorite episodes this has to be in my top 5. The storyline was hilarious because of Bart once again. Bart stole the show once again. This was funny because of the whole plot. I mean when he did the spoof of hammertime and turned it into i didn't do it i was laughiing the whole time. And when they visited the Box factory that cracked me up and i just was about to faint because i love this episode. Also i would like to say that the script was funny as i don't know what because i loved this one. 10 stars.
  • Bart gets his 15 minutes of fame!

I didn't do it!!! - yeah I can see why that would get boring fast!

After leaving the boring box factory to wander around the TV studios Bart gets a job being Krusty's assistant.

It seems like a dream job to Bart, but after doing some low jobs for Krusty and getting a yelling from Sideshow Mel he is set to leave. Krusty calls him back because he needs him to go on TV. Its a disater with Bart causing the st to fall apart - then came the line "I didn't do it!!!" and Barts 15 minutes had begun!

This is more serious than your usual Simpsons episode. The funniest part was the repetitive scene involving Bart and Marge.

"The best perfomance of your life?"
    "The best perfomance of my life!"

Bart's at his funniest when he is chirping in with quick insults towards Homer and Lisa, but this episode had more serious plot for Bart which was still very entertaining.
  • "I didn't do it"

this episode is truly a classic, bart getting a job on the krusty the clown show. i loved the first act with the boring visit to the box factory and homer thinking that bart was turned into a box just because his hat was on it. who would have thought that homer was one to overreact? the ending was great and it was a shame they couldn't put more catchphrases in like the seacaptain (Arr), dr nick (hi everybody) or Apu (Thank-you, come again) but the scene was still great. this episode is one that is worth watching at least twice.