The Simpsons

Bart Has Two Mommies

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 19, 2006 on FOX

• Marge agress to watch Rod and Todd for Ned

The family is at a church fund-raiser, where Homer tries to ensure his rubber duck onto victory, but Flanders wins the big prize, which he doesn't want and gives it to Marge. In return Marge agrees to watch Rod and Todd while Ned is attending a left-handed convention. While Marge is spending all her time with the Rod and Todd and trying to let them learn how to be boys; Homer takes Bart and Lisa to a home for former celebrity animals and a monkey kidnaps Bart. Marge's ability to be a mother comes into question when Ned discovers what she is doing with his boys and the local news covers Bart's current predicament. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "The Simpsons". It wasn't my favorite episode but it was pretty close and it was well done. I felt satisfied with the storyline and where things were rolling in this episode. A lot of parts in this episode were very funny such as when Homer cheats in the rubber duck race and lost, Marge eavesdropping Rod and Todd's prayers like when Rod said "Please forget Ms. Marge for eavesdropping our prayers... but she is forgiven", the female monkey kidnapping Bart, Mr. Teeny and his mother reuniting, and the very ending when Rod said "Dad, I'm gay" and then Ned gives the look to Marge along with Marge saying "He said that he's okay", and some more. The storyline was well done and I really liked it.... not my favorite episode as it did get a little weak in a couple of parts but it was still enjoyable. Overall, an almost perfect episode of "The Simpsons". 9.5/10
  • Meh

5.7
    We start off with a string of pretty lame jokes, along with a Homer-pain mill sequence that, while a well-executed parody of MGM or Warner Bros. shorts, did not make me laugh. The first joke I liked was Homer saying he wished so hard the duck became real. The Femac thing was a random go-nowhere plot device (as was the left-handed convention later on), though I did like the dictionary gag. The sequences involving Marge babysitting Rod and Todd were the best parts of the episode, both funny and charming in their own way. I enjoyed the Marge/Rod/Todd/Ned plotline, and even though the message is cliche, I did like Marge begging Ned to encourage Todd.

Everything in the other plotline, including Bart and Lisa jousting, the retired animals place, and anything after Bart was kidnapped, was just stupid. Yeah, I know this is the 370th episode and they've come up with so many different plots already, but honestly, you'd think they could still think of something better than Bart getting kidnapped by a monkey. I barely laughed at all, though I did like the DVD joke and the ending gay joke.
  • Very hilarious episode so many jokes... How can u possibly not like this episode???

Ned Flanders wins a computer and offers it to Marge, as he has no use for it. In return, Marge babysits Rod and Todd. With Marge spending so much time at The Flanders', Homer must look after Bart and Lisa. Meanwhile, Marge takes Rod and Todd to a children's activity center as she feels Ned is overly worried about his sons. Rod climbx a wall and discovers a new activity he enjoys, but he falls and suffers a minor injury. Ned is shocked and tells Marge to stay away. Homer takes the kids to an animal retirement home, but the trip goes awry when Toot-Toot the monkey pulls Bart into her cage and holds him hostage. Marge learns of the kidnapping and tries to get her son back. The monkey takes Bart atop the church. Rod, putting his new climbing skills to use, climbs the church to rescue Bart. Ned discovers that as long as Rod has his encouragement he will succeed in life.
  • Bart Has Two Mommies

Marge begins spending time with Rod and Todd Flanders. Meanwhile, at the springfield petting zoo, Bart is kidnapped by a female monkey, who is missing her own son {turns out in the end of the episode Krusty's Mr. Teeny is this monkey's son}. At the end of the episode when all hope is lost for Bart, Rodd ends up saving him.

A good episode, pretty funny, I really liked the reuniting of Mr. Teeny and his mother. The rest was also very good and very well-done, a good episode from this season, My overall grade would be a B+ methinks
  • Very funny show!

This is a very funny show and that it shows again
    The ever resourceful Marge or is she too resourceful?
    As the family goes to a carnival and when Flanders wins the prize, he doesn't want it and gives it to Marge.
    In return, she baby-sits his two sons. Bart, Homer, and Lisa go to the zoo where Bart is kidnapped by an ape. Very funny show as this is indeed a dysfunctional family.
  • A fine episode!

This was much better than My Fair Laddy, which I saw a couple of days ago.

I always thought Rod and Todd were a couple of losers! I really did. but their only like that because of Ned's stict parenting.

Ned: Today were going to stare at bread - Nothing bad can happen from that.

There were many hilarious moments in this episode. The best being Rod yelling out he's gay (on Bart's instructions) at the end of the episode.

We saw some classic Homer stupidity in "the rubber duck race" and with the blow dart.

Finally, it was interesting to see Maude in heaven voiced by the woman who originally played her. - She was originally fired because she wanted a more money.

Bob Hope and God joking at the end was cool too!
  • This episode has the privelige of being my 1000th review!

This is a pretty funny episode but not the best of the season, most of the funny scenes involving Homer and the rubber duck race and Rod growing into a man (though not quite).

The end was a terrific end to the episode, Rod declaring that he was what he thought the definition of gay was while creating a shock for Ned and hilarity for the viewers, and Mr Teeny being Bart’s chimp mum’s real son, all of this occurring in a Kong-like setting atop a steeple.

Homer’s sarcasm becoming more of a mental problem as he continued his rant was hilarious as was the Flanders to English dictionary and Ned’s overreaction to a Christian Cluedo-induced papercut and all of these scenes were pulled off very well.

Overall, this is an episode that is a great addition to season 17 and the series but is not the best of the year so far.
  • Good God, this episode was horrible.

What happened to Matt Groening\\\\\\\'s rule that the animals in the series act like animals and not people? Sure, sometimes Santa\\\'s Little Helper or Snowball will roll their eyes or act out of character (Bart Gets an Elephant), but this episode went completely overboard.

Now for the complaints (yay):
    Like most of Season 17, I didn\\\'t laugh once during this episode. Julie Kavner has completely lost it with Marge\\\'s voice; it\\\'s so grating and forced now. Voicing her for 19 years really has an effect, and it\\\'s painfully obvious now. Rod and Todd have changed from religion-obsessed to completely gay (and religion-obsessed). Why is Nelson in every episode, he hasn\\\'t been funny since Season 10.

The main \\\"plot\\\" of this episode doesn\\\'t start until about 16 minutes in, and of course does little to add to the humorless situation already established. The episode goes from Homer to Marge to Bart and then back to Marge. To spare you from any more unfunny details, I\\\'ll cut right to the chase: Don\\\'t waste your life watching this dreck of an episode. I hate being cruel towards my favorite show, but this episode begs to be slammed. The last shred of quality for The Simpsons commited suicide after Season 16, which is really saying something, because it\\\'s been slowly dying since Season 9 ended.
  • Homer cheats in a rubber duck race, Bart gets ape-napped, and Rod becomes 'gay'

This is probably my favorite episode in the Al Jean era thus far. It had many of the classic elements such as a good storyline and good writing. It started off with Homer cheating in a rubber duck race and then Marge has to babysit Rod and Todd and they explore new levels of fun. Meanwhile, Bart gets ape-napped and Homer can't do anything about it. Eventually, Bart is rescued. Some of the best parts in this episode were Homer accidentally shooting himself with a tranquilizer dart and Rod declaring that Marge Simpson had turned him 'gay.' This episode has many laughs in store for the viewer and is definitely a gem amongst the rest of season 17.
  • It was oh could have been better

Its was a good episode but it could have been beter it was funny but at some points got a bit borring my favorite bit was probaly when homer was at the church fair and tryed everything to win and then in the end chucked the erong chik but is was still ok
  • Good...but not great...

They just got renewed for another two years making it one step closer to 20 years on the air. Unbelieveable. This outing wasn't a home run - more like a ground rule double. But back to back decent shows? I'll take it.

The highlights:

* Church fundraiser. So many good background jokes.
    * Hell Mirror
    * Duck Race and Homer’s Terrible Two
    * The Flanders/English – English/Flanders Dictionary
    * The Simpsons/English – English/Simpsons Dictionary
    * Santa’s Little Helper’s reaction after finding out about the museum for retired animals
    * Homer wanting to drench the gremlins
    * Huggy Bear
    * Christian Clue
    * “Uno – that’s the gateway game to pinochle!”
    * Krusty’s Tom Green joke
    * Bart’s definition of gay

Line of the week:
    Homer: My son's been ape-napped!
    Lisa: No, no, he's still kidnapped; the prefix applies to the victim!
  • Homer cheat in a rubber duck race, Marge babysits Rodd and Todd and Bart get's ape-napped.

Ned wins a computer at a church fundraiser, but does not want it so he gives it to the Simpson’s. To say thank you Marge offers to baby-sit Ned’s two children, Rod and Todd. Oh, and Bart gets kidnapped by an ape.

This certainly wasn’t one of the better episodes of the season, but it still was a pleasure to watch. Since the death of his wife, Ned has been overprotective of his children. Marge teaches them to try new things and have fun, much to Ned’s horror. Though he doesn’t agree with Marge’s methods, in the end Ned learns to let go a bit and have faith in his children. And Bart proves he really is his father’s son, by passing up a nice fresh banana for a filthy cookie that was on the ground. I like the episodes like this that have a good moral about family values (I’m old fashioned, I know) while still being entertaining. The crazy opening scene of Homer trying to cheat in a plastic duck race didn’t add anything much to the episode, but was hilarious nonetheless. A good episode.
  • Bart gets ape-napped, while Marge babysits Rod and Todd.

Tonight's episode of The Simpsons was better than I had expected. The main plot, which featured Bart getting "ape-napped" was a bit boring and got a fraction of the episode's screen time. It shared screen time with the subplot, which featured Marge babysitting Rod and Todd because Ned was attending a left-handed convention. I thought this subplot was not only more interesting, but it ended up being much funnier than seeing Bart spend time with an ape.

My favorite scene in the episode featured Homer trying to win the rubber duck race. Despite his efforts to cheat, Homer lost the race to Ned in a silly chain of events, which involved Homer getting crushed and beaten inside of a small watermill.
  • Great episode but deffinitly not the best.

This episode surpirzed me because I did enjoy Marge's seen more then Bart and Homers. Dana Gould's best episode is "Papa's Got A Brand New Badge". Director Michael Marcantel is a great dorector and im not going to point fingers at him. I love the end tough when Todd saying "hey dad, Marge made me gay". I also liked Maude being shown at the end.
  • Bart's been ape-knapped! And Mrs. Simpson turns Rod and Todd gay(meaning that they were afraid. But not anymore)

I saw this episode last night and it was so funny! The ending was hilarious. "Look Daddy, Mrs. Simpson turned me gay!" Haha. Classic. Also that whole thing with Marge evsdropping on Rod and Todd praying was funny. This has got to be one of my favorite episodes of the series.
  • Second Best Episode of this Season!

This is the first review I’ve written, but I’ve watched every episode of The Simpson this season but the first one, bonfire of manatees. This is the second best episode of this season behind the Italian Bob. It has a great story line; it’s original, great from beginning to end, with a perfect ending with Maude in heaven looking down on her family. I glad to see two great subplots come together in the end. Bart has two mommies made me feel so warm inside after watching it, and I’m happy to see The Simpsons can still have great episodes. By the way the worst episode of this season was My Fair Laddy.
  • Marge starts babysitting Rod and Todd, who really enjoy being with Marge. Bart finds himself in the arms of a monkey. In the end, the monkey finds her real son and Bart gets away.

The story itself is not so great, but jokes are good. It's also nice to see a "Flanders' episode" where Maude also shows up. Also I must admit that some jokes in this episode were quite dull and not nice to watch like for example when Homer went for the rubber duck and went through the windmill. The end joke was really funny, where Rod wanted Bart to explain what "gay" means and Bart said that it meant that he used to be afraid but now he's not. When Rod heard that he said out loud "I'm gay, daddy! I'm gay! Mrs. Simpson made me gay!"
    Si the plot is weak and the jokes are cool!
  • It wasn't very great, but it did atleast however have it's moments. Especially with Homer's attempt to win the duck race, and Mr. Burn's glimpse into what he looks like in Hell. At aleast it actually answers the question, it is possible for Rod and Todd t

5.9
    It wasn't very great, but it did atleast however have it's moments. Especially with Homer's attempt to win the duck race, and Mr. Burn's glimpse into what he looks like in Hell. At aleast it actually answers the question, it is possible for Rod and Todd to be more square.
FOX