The Simpsons

Bart Has Two Mommies

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 19, 2006 on FOX

• Homer cheat in a rubber duck race, Marge babysits Rodd and Todd and Bart get's ape-napped.

Ned wins a computer at a church fundraiser, but does not want it so he gives it to the Simpson’s. To say thank you Marge offers to baby-sit Ned’s two children, Rod and Todd. Oh, and Bart gets kidnapped by an ape.

This certainly wasn’t one of the better episodes of the season, but it still was a pleasure to watch. Since the death of his wife, Ned has been overprotective of his children. Marge teaches them to try new things and have fun, much to Ned’s horror. Though he doesn’t agree with Marge’s methods, in the end Ned learns to let go a bit and have faith in his children. And Bart proves he really is his father’s son, by passing up a nice fresh banana for a filthy cookie that was on the ground. I like the episodes like this that have a good moral about family values (I’m old fashioned, I know) while still being entertaining. The crazy opening scene of Homer trying to cheat in a plastic duck race didn’t add anything much to the episode, but was hilarious nonetheless. A good episode.