The Simpsons

Bart Has Two Mommies

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 19, 2006 on FOX

• Good God, this episode was horrible.

What happened to Matt Groening\\\\\\\'s rule that the animals in the series act like animals and not people? Sure, sometimes Santa\\\'s Little Helper or Snowball will roll their eyes or act out of character (Bart Gets an Elephant), but this episode went completely overboard.

Now for the complaints (yay):
    Like most of Season 17, I didn\\\'t laugh once during this episode. Julie Kavner has completely lost it with Marge\\\'s voice; it\\\'s so grating and forced now. Voicing her for 19 years really has an effect, and it\\\'s painfully obvious now. Rod and Todd have changed from religion-obsessed to completely gay (and religion-obsessed). Why is Nelson in every episode, he hasn\\\'t been funny since Season 10.

The main \\\"plot\\\" of this episode doesn\\\'t start until about 16 minutes in, and of course does little to add to the humorless situation already established. The episode goes from Homer to Marge to Bart and then back to Marge. To spare you from any more unfunny details, I\\\'ll cut right to the chase: Don\\\'t waste your life watching this dreck of an episode. I hate being cruel towards my favorite show, but this episode begs to be slammed. The last shred of quality for The Simpsons commited suicide after Season 16, which is really saying something, because it\\\'s been slowly dying since Season 9 ended.