The Simpsons

Bart Has Two Mommies

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 19, 2006 on FOX

• Meh

5.7
    We start off with a string of pretty lame jokes, along with a Homer-pain mill sequence that, while a well-executed parody of MGM or Warner Bros. shorts, did not make me laugh. The first joke I liked was Homer saying he wished so hard the duck became real. The Femac thing was a random go-nowhere plot device (as was the left-handed convention later on), though I did like the dictionary gag. The sequences involving Marge babysitting Rod and Todd were the best parts of the episode, both funny and charming in their own way. I enjoyed the Marge/Rod/Todd/Ned plotline, and even though the message is cliche, I did like Marge begging Ned to encourage Todd.

Everything in the other plotline, including Bart and Lisa jousting, the retired animals place, and anything after Bart was kidnapped, was just stupid. Yeah, I know this is the 370th episode and they've come up with so many different plots already, but honestly, you'd think they could still think of something better than Bart getting kidnapped by a monkey. I barely laughed at all, though I did like the DVD joke and the ending gay joke.