The Simpsons

Bart the Fink

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 11, 1996 on FOX

• Bart the Fink

Krusty is tired of the way he has been treated lately, by the IRS, and by his fans. So instead of changing, he "kills" himself. Bart, his biggest fan of course, feels tremendously sad, and thinks it was his fault. Later on he starts to notice a man who looks like Krusty without clown make-up. Him and Lisa track the man down, and in the end of the episode, Krusty goes back to comedy again.

A decent episode, filled with some great humor, like Handsome Pete. Also great end. My overall grade is easily an A+, one of the bests
  • Great surprise ending

Bart messes with Krusty the Clown's life yet again, this time getting his idol busted for tax fraud. An audit reveals that Krusty is one of the worst scofflaws in history and the IRS seizes all his assets and sells them at auction. In the throes of financial despair, Krusty crashes his plane, The I'm-On-A-Roll-A-Gay, into a mountain, killing himself. While mourning Krusty's death, Bart and Lisa start getting the sneaky suspicion that the clown actually faked his own death to avoid the taxman. After tracking down Rory B. Bellows, the man they suspect is Krusty, their suspicions are confirmed. Krusty did fake his own death, and now he will fake the death of Rory B. Bellows, whose life is ensured for millions and signed over to Krusty. With his new inheritance, Krusty can start his life over and return to showbiz. Guest star: Bob Newhart as himself.
  • There's too many losers who regard this as one of the weakest of the classic era.

I don't know why, but I often see this regarded as one of the weakest of the classic era, and I don't agree with that at all. The beginning with them staying at the inn, and then getting all that money was pretty good. Bart trying to get Krusty's autograph, and ending up accidentally framing Krusty, made for an interesting plot. It was also interesting to see Krusty's life when he was no longer as popular. Things briefly felt a tad slow paced after Krusty's death, but it quickly picked up when Bart saw Krusty. This episode was rather low on laughs, but it had a good solid plot, and is NOT one of the weakest of the classic era. Great episode overall.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the simpsons show one of the relitives dies and leaves money and bart and lisa each get 100 dollars and bart makes check and sends it krusty so he can send it back with a autograph thing is bart does not know about what kind of problems he is in and the check he wrote got krusty introuble for tax invasion and that leads krusty to fake his own death in a airplane and so bart and lisa start to see krusty all over the place and so they lead krusty back to the straight path .
  • krusty goes bankrupt because of bart and dies...or does he?

this episode shows just how bart would react if krusty the clown, his idol, was to die. the jokes are good in this episode but not as frequent as they should have been. chief wiggum's quote "now now people, there's nothing to see here. wow, a flaming plane crash! come on everyone crowd around, don't be shy" is my favourite of the episode but rory bellows' reason for going back to krusty was great too. krusty's stuff being auctioned without him even knowing that it would be was a great touch to an okay episode. this isn't my favourite krusty episode but it isn't the worst either.
  • Krusty returns from the dead, agian.

I like Krusty the clown, I like his arrogance, I like the fact that he makes Bart very happy. Hey, but he is definitely a moron. Once again we find Krusty getting into trouble thanks to his stupidity and once again the Simpsons save him somehow. Not a very funny episode, but what it lacks in the laughter department, makes up for in the emotional side. I love how the orange tones of the night and sunset surround Krusty's fall and departure from the show business.

This seventh season has ben marked by good episodes that don't make you laugh but atleast they are watchable.
  • For a Hundred dollars more

Bart inherted $100 and sign up for a checking account, which leads to this week tragic character of Krusty the Clown. the IRS own him big time and when he lost everything, he fakes his death by crashing into a mountain. this episode loks at the fall of a clown due to problems with the IRS. Bart and Lisa learn the id of Krsuty, by his body language. After Elvis died in 1977, there are claims that Elvis is still alive. He was even spotted at a Burger King in Kalamazoo in 1988. Krusty is not elvis, but he might be close.
MNT