The Simpsons

Bart the Genius

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 1990 on FOX

• Bart a genius? Hah! How could they have fallen for that? Warning: Contains spoilers.

Although, with my current attempt to re-watch and review every episode of the Simpsons, I didn't want to re-watch this episode. This is what you might want to call the boring episode of the Simpsons. It's the South Park's "Pip" of the Simpsons. Well, not really. I didn't find this episode to be very entertaining. The plot just seems over-used from other series (or I may be wrong).

Bart cheats off Martin's test and he is considered a genius. He is taken to another school to be with other smart kids, and Mr. Skinner couldn't be happier. Soon, Bart has to confess since he can't stay in a genius school when he's just a younger Homer Simpson.

This episode was a great addition for the second episode of the first season, but it wasn't really that great compared to other episodes I've seen and the latest episodes. The first episode was all right, but the second wasn't as much the big enchilada like the first episode of the Simpsons.