The Simpsons

Beware My Cheating Bart

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 15, 2012 on FOX

• Gross age difference

Did anyone else realize that this episode was about a teenage girl around 16-years-old making out with a little 10-year-old boy?
  • the simpsons beware my cheating bart

i thought this was a very funny episode my favourite line was when Jimbo's girlfriend flashed Bart and he says wow they look just like my dad's that line made me laugh and i really enjoyed the main plot the subplot not so much it wasn't as funny but this episode still gets a 10 from me because it was really funny and enjoyable
  • Unwatchable at times but it's still not that bad of an episode... it's just okay

When Bart is forced to chaperone Jimbo's girlfriend to a movie, she ends up developing feelings for him, resulting in a whole bunch of trouble with the bullies at school. Meanwhile, Homer is persuaded to buy a state-of-the-art treadmill, fully equipped with a television. When Lisa shows Homer that he can access television shows wirelessly, he develops an obsession with watching an old television show from the treadmill, but not actually working out, until Marge decides to intervene. This was just an okay episode of "The Simpsons". I really wasn't too crazy about this one though and it's not really what I would expect from The Simpsons but there are FAR more better episodes than this. The main plot of the episode was unwatchable at times which lowered my score but it did get a few pretty good laughs out of me. The subplot with Homer getting addicted to a television show called "Stranded" (parody of LOST) was WAY more better and hilarious than the main plot. I laughed really hard how Homer bought the treadmill but after getting addicted to "Stranded", he would rather watch the television show than to exercise. The subplot itself can be a bit boring after a while but I enjoyed it much more than how the main plot turned out to be. For the main plot, I didn't like Jimbo forcing Bart to take his girlfriend to the movies. I also didn't like Jimbo's girlfriend lifting up her shirt and showing her breast to Bart. To make a point here, I just didn't like Jimbo's girlfriend. Period. So yeah, the storyline in the main plot was very lacking and unwatchable at times while the subplot is more enjoyable and hilarious. I'm actually surprised that the ratings for this episode aren't lower though. I wouldn't even think die-hard Simpsons fans enjoy an episode like this but oh well. Overall, just an okay episode of "The Simpsons"... not really an episode worth watching again except for maybe just the subplot. 6/10
  • Subtle, but still...

Am I the only one who loves those little details that aren't really important, but chuckle-inducing?Anyone else catch Futurama at the end?

Anyway, fairly good episode (as I've noticed they've been getting recently). Not much in the way of a story, but there were plenty of funny jokes and references - specifically to Lost. Best couch gag ever, too. :'')
  • Classic Simpsons humour, lacking story

This definitely wasn't up there with the classics but had a lot of great moments in and some memorable ***r quotes ($30 a month? I can't afford that!). I'm just happy to see the writers haven't lost their touch and can still deliver the lightly satirical humour that got them 22 seasons before this one.
  • Is it me, or are the couch gags getting better and better every episode?

First let me just say that this couch gag was absolutely genius!! It was probably the most heart-warming couch gag I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the next guest star to make a couch gag (I hope it is the creators of South Park, that would be interesting!) Honestly, I thought the first few minutes were a bit boring right until, Jimbo's girlfriend flashed Bart. What a great plot about love. I also like the subplot parody of LOST, when Homer buys that treadmill with the wireless TV and he decides to watch Stranded (LOST) instead of exercise. I will still give this a 10 because of the couch gag, because like I said, it was so genius and clever!
  • Not up there with the classics but a decent episode

It seems now the Simpsons has been EH longer than it was good. Writers seem to be grasping for air on stories and what they should do. This episode was a decent one as it put Bart in an unfamiliar adult situation and the result and the fall out with Jimbo was EPIC. It was a throwback to an earlier episode when Bart fell for his new neighbor who intern started dating Jimbo so yeah in a way it was a recycled plot but it was executed well and unless you've been a fan since day one you probably wouldn't notice. Still The Simpsons has lost it's luster and this isn't an episode to win old fans back. But it's a decent one.
FOX