The Simpsons

• Best episode!

Humor 10/10

Story 10/10

Laugh frequency 10/10
  • sidshowbob sends death threats to bart so the famaly move to a boathouse in a city named cape fear with sidshow bob on there tails.

the best simsons episode ever made it could not be any better.
    some funny moments and 1 is in the youll never stop the simpsons song sideshow bob steps on rakes.
    close to being worse than the ned zone but just manages to be a bit better.
    usually i like treehouses of horers better but this is the best.
    my favrot character (ned flanders) is not a majour character in this but its still the best.
    sidshow bob episodes are always good i wish he was in them all.
    cape fear is the name of a film made in 1962 then another film with the same name made in 1991 with 3 stars.
  • The best episode of the Simpsons

This episode is really good, and is my favorite episode of the whole series. There's a ton of times where the characters act stupid here, whether it's Homer and his Mr.Thompson scene, or Chief Wiggium not thinking it's illegal to send threatening letters, and of course Sideshow Bob continually getting hit by a rake and writing letters in blood and then fainting from blood loss, and it all works somewhat perfectly, and adds to the humor. My favorite scene was probablly when Homer scared Bart by coming in with a butcher knife, scaring Bart, then coming in dressed as Jason from Friday the 13th. Overall, a perfect episode from an excellent series. 10/10 A+
  • The perfect episode

Absolutely fantastic, this is my favourite episode of the series.
    I laughed so many times watching it years ago, and I still find it hilarious when I see a rerun.
    The gags involving Sideshow Bob are the best I've ever saw in The Simpsons: the rakes, the moment he is under the car and has to pass the cactus field, the moment Homer assaults Bart with the chainsaw, the knife and the cake...omg, I'm laughing even now that I'm writing this review!
    I don't remember a newer episode that was so funny to watch from start to end. Truly a classic, no doubt about it.
  • Best episode ever!

Cape Feare is a great episode that is my clear favourite everytime. This episode was well executed in the plot and the jokes. Also Sideshow Bob is one of my favourite characters, because he is a mix of funny and sinister, but not at all like Mr. Burns. Bart gets threatening letters from an anonymous source. It has to be Bart\'s arch nemesis good old Sideshow Bob. Due to this threat, The Simpson Family have to move to Terror Lake, not knowing that Sideshow Bob is on the trail.

All in all, it is a classic episode of a mix of fear and fun. I wish I could rate it higher, but I can only rate it up to 10!
  • Third and best sideshow bob episode

This episode is my favourite appearance of sideshow bob, nearly all of the characters acting stupid at one stage or another, in homer's case, at least ten times. When bart gets threatening letters from an unknown source, chief wiggum doesn't think it's against the law. marge pauses between saying to bart "i'm going to get you...some ice-cream..." The thompson scene is definitely one of homer's stupid moments. sideshow bob is surprisingly stupid in this episode aswell, continuously stepping on rakes, using a bloody finger to write notes and fainting from blood loss and agreeing to sing the entire song of The HMS pinafore to Bart as a last request. bart tries to escape the boat by jumping out, seeing crocodiles on one side, electric eels on the other, then going back to the crocodile side. evenan extra said "anyone who speaks german can't be an evil man". this stupidity definitely contributes to the humour of this episode. the mystery in the first act is indeed mysterious the first time I saw this episode and the reveal of Sideshow Bob was very well written. this is indeed one of the simpsons episodes that will be remembered for a long time.
  • Bob Plot #3

Bart gets threats in the mail, and he soon learns it is from Bob. So the Simpsons relocate themselves. But little do they realize that Bob is following them. In the end, Bob is about to finally get Bart, but Bart tricks him by singing the entire score from the HMS Pinafore. And he is again arrested. Everything returns to normal, except for... Grandma?! Nah, it's Grampa looking like a woman because he did not have his pills.

This is one of the funniest episodes of the whole series. It's wacky too but almost every single jokes in it works.
  • Sideshow bob is back and hes trying to kill Bart again.

This quite possibly be the best episode of the Simpsons since it is one of my favorites. The whole episode is just flawless from start to finish. I loved Homer getting his new name and not understanding the concept that he is Homer Thompsan now. Also, Homer scaring Bart with a chainshaw and butcher knife. All of the letters ti Bart were hilarious, and Bob's parole hearing had me in stiches. "No one who speaks German can be an evil man!" Bottom line this is just a wonderful episode and a must see for any TV fan even if you dont like the show.
  • A classic attempt of sideshow bob killing young bart simpson.

I really love this episode it's for me the best one of all the simpsons episodes. Almost everthing they say is meant as a joke! :)Die bart Die. No one who speaks german could be an evil man! And of course the rake scene. :D But I especially love the part from homer walks in with a butcher knif till sideshow bob gets arrested. But my favourite quote from sideshow bob is still... Atempting murder, now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry? And then... You want the truth! You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! Bah! I deride your truth handling abilities! Haha so funny ;)

I know my englisch isn't that good but I'm Dutch and I get english at my school and I'm not verry good in it. :P
  • "He called me Chief Piggum"

Bart is getting letters from a mysterious person, threatening to kill him. He gets a lot of them and finds out it isn't anyone in his school. It turns out the letters are from Sideshow Bob and Bob is on parole. Bob manages to get out and the simpsons find out, so they move with Bob hidden in the car. Bob tracks Bart down and tries to kill him. He confronts Bart in the simpsons new boathouse and Bart gets him to perform the entire performance of the HMS Pinafore and the police then get Sideshow Bob. Hilarious episode, one of the best episode.
  • This is the episode that started it all for Sideshow Bob in the sense that this is the first episode in which I can really say had me on the floor because I was laughing sooo hard...

Bart begins receiving threatening letters from Sideshow Bob. When Bob is released from prison, Bart is terrified of being killed by the sociopathic former sidekick. To protect Bart, the entire Simpson family undergoes Witness Relocation and moves to a houseboat docked on the aptly named Terror Lake, just outside of Springfield. Bob tracks them down, ties up Homer, Marge, and Lisa, and tries to kill Bart. Bart outsmarts Sideshow Bob by asking him to sing the entire score to The H.M.S. Pinafore, thereby buying enough time to trap him in the mud beside a brothel where Chief Wiggum and other Springfield Police Department officers just happen
  • Over a decade old, and unimaginably so much better than anything else on TV. Especially with today's standards.

"Cape Feare" is 100% flawless. It is clever and funny at the same time.
    This episode alone is one of the reasons The Simpson's is in my top 5 greatest shows of all time.
    By far the best episode to start on, and, by far the best episode FULL STOP.

Family Guy is not great enough to do anything like this, and they never will. I pity them.

The episode is without a doubt The Simpson's at their very best. By far the greatest episode ever, as well as hailing from the greatest Simpson's season ever, Season 5.

If you're a Simpson's fan like me, then the Season 5 Box-set is automatically a must-have.
  • Bart receives threatening letters from an unknown source. Once it's revealed to be Sideshow Bob, the Simpsons's move to Terror Lake to avoid Sideshow Bob avenging Bart.

Greastest episode of all time. Hysterical from beginning to end. Thus episode has everthing. An abundance of classic dialogue and sight gags including Homer forgetting his pseudo name with the FBI agent, the parole board freeing Sideshow Bob because they feel no one who speaks German can be evil, Sideshow Bob being trampled by elephants while lying in the street, Homer falling asleep after Bob ties the family and Lisa's thinks he's been drugged, Sideshowe bob singing the HMS Pinafore, and Homer screaming with a hockey mask and reving up a chainsaw, which is one of my alltime favorite gags. A+
  • Bart starts recieveing death threats in blood.

Bart starts recieveing death threats in blood. You find out that they are from Sideshow Bob. Bob goes to get paroled. And he gets it. Now he is coming even closer to killing Bart. He drives through the neighborhood announcing who will not die. He does not include Bart. So the Simpsons go to start a new life. Where Bob follows them. This is such a good and fun episode!
  • In this spoof of "Cape Fear," Sideshow Bob threatens Bart once again--so this time, OFF enters the Witness Protection Program as "The Thompsons" and moves to a riverboat. However, they can't escape Sideshow Bob...

This is the best of the Sideshow Bob episodes, and in fact, it's one of the best "Simpsons" episodes, period. Largely a spoof of "Cape Fear"--right down to the music--the episode is hilarious from start to finish as the writers hit their stride.

True, it's not a heartwarming very-special episode (at one point, Homer tries to distract Bart from the threat of Sideshow Bob by lunging at him with a chainsaw and hockey mask). And as critics have pointed out, it's not particularlt realistic--no one leaves that many rakes lying around! But mimicking reality is not what "The Simpsons," at its best, is about. The episode is so tightly written--there's not a moment of dead time or flat, filler jokes--and the acting and animation are top-notch. (Watch the camera movement throughout; it's impressive.) Most of all, "Cape Feare" contains some classic Simpsons moments, from the rake sequence to the mid-episode "Thompsons" introduction.

It's hard to believe this episode is over 10 years old; it stands the test of time and is funnier on repeated viewings.
  • This is the best episode in the entire episode of the simpsons.

I have watched this epsiode over and over again. It has many great gags. This episode always reminds me of The Naked Gun because most of the gags are Sideshow Bob getting hurt in ridiculous ways. There are rakes a plenty and also elephants, cactus patches, and houseboats. Tis a great episode and it rules times a million.
  • Sensational! My favourite Bob episode!

Yes this is definately the best Sideshow Bob episode. Instead of framing Krusty, attempting to kill Selma or blowing up Springfield Bob comes after Bart his long time nemesis.

There is no distractions, its simple he wants Bart dead. He finds out that its not as easy as it seems.

The rake seem is one the funniest things I have ever seen! The sound that Bob made after each rake was just great. He then makes a reference to rakes in a later episode where he says "I have a life outside you Bart!"

The HMS pinafore finale was the icing on the cake of a fantastic episode.
  • "Very well Bart, I shall send you to heaven before I send you to hell"

This is a truley hillarious episode, I don't think there was a moment when I wasn't laughing. My favorite part had to be when Side show Bob sang the entire score to the H.M.S. Pinnafore and it just kept getting more and more elaborate with each song, It starts out he is just singing in his street clothes and soon he is in full costume (and he even has a playbill) The other funny part is when they get put into the witness protection program and Homer is wearing a witness protection T-shirt. Watch this episode and you are guarenteed to laugh.
  • An episode wich combines thriller with comedy in a superb way!

Let me just start by saying this is my all-time favorite episode of The Simpsons!

Sideshow Bob is my favorite character, possibly because he is really funny yet he also creeps me out. He can be menacing in one minute and hilarious in the next. And that hairdo of his... *shudders like Bob hit by a rake*

This episode stands out from the usual Simpson ones because of it's darker theme. The plot, paroding "Cape Fear", is about murder and revenge, the settings are often dark and omnious, and the music is just golden! And in the midst of this threatening mood they've buildt up there is some wonderful comedy. There are not a lot of shows that can balance these two elements, but The Simpsons manage with flying colors.

There are a lot of classic scenes. Sideshow Bob stepping on the rakes is golden, I laugh so hard each time, I don't know how Kelsey Grammer makes those shuddering noises! The scenes with Sideshow Bob under the car ("who wants to drive through the cactuses?") were glorious, as were the scene where Bart masterminds Bob.

If you're only going to see one episode of The Simpsons... let it be this one!
  • The best episode ever!

Cape Feare is a very good copy of the movie, Cape Feare. I've never seen the movie, but this episode was the best ever.

One day, Bart gets a letter, written in blood, saying "I'm going to kill you." He gets several more letters like this, and he suspects everybody, even the members of his family. When he runs into Sideshow Bob, who was recently released from prison, at the movies, and he's in the neighborhood telling who he would not kill: Ned, Maude, Homer, Marge, Lisa, and "Skeptical Baby"(Maggie.)

So, they get help from the FBI. They change their last names and they move to Terror Lake. The funniest gag here was the "Hello Mr. Thompson" thing. The rake gag was also hilarious.

On the complete 5th season DVD, you can watch the deleted scenes, and they are really funny. There is this one deleted scene where Homer goes down to the kitchen and SB is disguised as a maid, and Homer goes back to bed, he screams, "AHH! We don't have a maid!" They should have kept that in.

Overall, this was the best episode I've seen. This episode will be known as a classic throughout the years. This is the best Sideshow Bob episode, and the best in the series.

Grade: A+++++++++++++++++++
  • One of the many favourite episodes of the simpsons, and the best Homer Simpson moment ever "Hello Mr. Thompson".

This episode is so great that I think I memorized it. Yet, no matter how many time I saw it, I always laugh. It's also a very important episode in the series, since this is the first time that Sideshow Bob tries to kill Bart.

The "Hello Mr Thompson" gag is probably the best Homer moment ever, I cannot stop laughing at that bit... if a see it in english, in spanish, if some friend repeat that, everytime I listen to "Hola Sr. Thompson" I laugh.

Sideshow Bob attached to the bottom of the car, stepping in the rakes and being smashed by the elephants are also really funny bits.

This is one of the best episodes of The Simpsons, but it's imposible to me to pick only one and say that is the best, I have a long list of favourite episodes.

This season is great, yesterday i've purchased the season 5 DVD set and all the episodes are among the best ones, specially the first 5, so, expect more reviews coming soon.
  • sideshow bob tries to kill bart

sideshow bob tries to kill bart,it can't get any better. sideshow bob is the best character in the whole series.i'v watch this episode 1,000,000 times since i taped it.now i have the 5th season on DVD and i'ii watch it 1,000,000 more times.i hope sideshow bob is in many more episodes in the future.
  • Easily the best episode ever....

Even after 17 seasons on air, the writers of The Simpsons haven't managed to top this clever & witty homage to Cape Fear. Featuring some of the best lines ever in the series "I think he's talking to you", to some of the most childish jokes ever seen on the show (Sideshow Bob walking into a rake NINE TIMES!) and in Bart's fragile state, Homer showing Bart his new hockey mask & chainsaw!. Cape Feare still manages to make me laugh over and over. Kelsey Grammer ham's it up to the max to gives a great performance. The writer's of this episode should be proud of the episode they have created here & I honestly can't see them beating this one. "Lucky your houseboat floated by this brothel!"
  • The SImpsons turn into the Thompsons!

This episode was pure gold. I liked Bart's fear of the people who sent him the letter in blood. I was also feeling sorry for Sideshow Bob when he fainted when he wrote so much blood in Bart's letters. Nevertheless, the episode was indeed funny.

The potrayal of bart's character was good and I was glad that he thought of a way to send Sideshow Bob to jail and let his family be renamed to "The Simpsons" instead of "The Thompsons".

I guess the only problem with the episode wa that the events went by too fast. Overall, a good episode that I hope you will see instead of judging the newer season episodes by.
  • In my opinion, one of the best Simpsons' episodes ever...

"Brilliant" is one of the many words to describe this episode. The parts with the letters in blood, Sideshow Bob and the Thompsons was fantastic. The part that had me in splits was Homer scaring Bart half to death with his chainsaw and hockey-mask. The part with the rakes was a bit too long and eventually gets boring. But it takes nothing away from the rest of the show, in which Bart finds a novel (albeit melodious) way to escape death at Sideshow Bob's hands.
  • A very great episode.

The episode begins with Sideshow Bob threatening Bart with letters written in blood. When this continues, the Simpsons are relocated to a place called Cape Fear, where their new names are the Thompsons. All seems peaceful, but Bob had secretly followed them to their new location. Sideshow Bob awakens Bart in the middle of the night, in an attempt to kill him. With their "boathouse" drifting down the river, Bart tries to escape Bob by running all over the boat. Just as it seems to be the end, Bart stalls Sideshow Bob by getting him to sing an incredibly long song. The boat ends up in Springfield, where the cops arrest Bob. The Thompsons then become the Simpsons again.
  • 1 of the best Simpsons episodes ever.

There are some episodes people watch that they'll remember it... till the next episode comes on.

Then there are those episodes that you'll remember for the rest of your life: Cape Feare is one of those episodes.

That Sideshow Bob Rake Sequence... priceless. I swear sometimes me and my brother be puttin that on repeat because it's so funny. Gotta love Bob's peformance, it was very good. Yeah. I understand how this is one of the best episodes ever. There's too many Awesome SCENES IN IT!! But like I said, that rake sequence is the Scene I'll defintely remember for the rest of my life.
  • Not quite a ten, but really, really close. Probably my favorite Sideshow Bob episode where Bob is actually evil.

This was a really well written episode that had some really good Cheif Wiggum and Homer quotes. One example:
    WIGGUM: Sideshow Bob has no decency. He called me "Cheif Piggum".

(everyone laughs)

WIGGUM: Ha. Ha. Now I get it. Ha. Ha. Yeah. That's good.

In this episode Sideshow Bob writes threatening letters to Bart and after being paroled stalks him to the point where the Simpsons have to move to Terror Lake. Then Sideshow Bob gets on to their house boat and tries to kill Bart. Bart is saved because he he gets Bob to sing until the boat reaches Springfield. Then comes another of Wiggum's classic quotes:
    BART: Take him away boys.

WIGGUM: Hey I'm the cheif. Bake him away toys.

LOU: What'd you say cheif.

WIGGUM" Just do what the kid says.

This is my favorite Cheif Wiggum episodes and one of the few episodes this season without Mr. Burns.

• I've watched this episode over ten times.

This episode id so good, so funny, that I've watched it over ten times. Who couldn't like this episode? It's the best Sideshow Bob episode the Simpsons have ever made. The jokes, the action, and it even built up suspense for me. I was dying to know what would happen! Now that I do, I still laugh at all the jokes that made The Simpsons so great.

My favorite part was when the Simpsons are on the boat, and Bart is in his bed, really scared, thinking Sideshow Bob could come in any minute, ready to kill him. Then, Homer comes barging through the door with a running chainsaw in a crazy yelling voice yelling, "Hey Bart, do you like my chainsaw!?" Then, he came in with the brownies and the knife... clas.sic.

9.8 out of 10, near-perfect.
  • The best Sideshow Bob episode!!!!!!

I love this episode. It has so many funny parts. I love how Sideshow Bob has such bad luck in this one. He makes this episode funny. i love the scene where he keeps getting hit by the rakes. I also like the part where he got run over by the parade. After getting many death threats from Bob, The Simpsons have to move to a new town. And change their name to the Thompsons. The ending is great when Sideshow Bob is singing HMS Pinafore. He is just so funny. As Snake says "Use a pen, Sideshow Bob". LOL
< 1 2