The Simpsons

• Best episode!

Humor 10/10

Story 10/10

Laugh frequency 10/10
  • The best Sideshow Bob episode!!!!!!

I love this episode. It has so many funny parts. I love how Sideshow Bob has such bad luck in this one. He makes this episode funny. i love the scene where he keeps getting hit by the rakes. I also like the part where he got run over by the parade. After getting many death threats from Bob, The Simpsons have to move to a new town. And change their name to the Thompsons. The ending is great when Sideshow Bob is singing HMS Pinafore. He is just so funny. As Snake says "Use a pen, Sideshow Bob". LOL
  • sidshowbob sends death threats to bart so the famaly move to a boathouse in a city named cape fear with sidshow bob on there tails.

the best simsons episode ever made it could not be any better.
    some funny moments and 1 is in the youll never stop the simpsons song sideshow bob steps on rakes.
    close to being worse than the ned zone but just manages to be a bit better.
    usually i like treehouses of horers better but this is the best.
    my favrot character (ned flanders) is not a majour character in this but its still the best.
    sidshow bob episodes are always good i wish he was in them all.
    cape fear is the name of a film made in 1962 then another film with the same name made in 1991 with 3 stars.
  • The best episode of the Simpsons

This episode is really good, and is my favorite episode of the whole series. There's a ton of times where the characters act stupid here, whether it's Homer and his Mr.Thompson scene, or Chief Wiggium not thinking it's illegal to send threatening letters, and of course Sideshow Bob continually getting hit by a rake and writing letters in blood and then fainting from blood loss, and it all works somewhat perfectly, and adds to the humor. My favorite scene was probablly when Homer scared Bart by coming in with a butcher knife, scaring Bart, then coming in dressed as Jason from Friday the 13th. Overall, a perfect episode from an excellent series. 10/10 A+
  • Hardly a moment goes by without a good pun, but the whole is no greater than the sum of it's parts.

This episode has been called the best of season five by various sources, including the ratings on this site. Frankly, I find it to be entirely overrated. It lacks the emotional depth which drives great episodes like "Homer and Apu", the absurdity of Burns' actions in "Rosebud", the epic proportions and visual fantastication of "Deep Space Homer" and the history described by "Homer's Barbershop Quartet". Unlike the truly great episodes, it fails to describe a plot from multiple points of view or to narrate the lives of multiple characters; it all revolves around Bart. Disappointingly, unlike the other season-five episode about Bart, "Bart Gets Famous", "Cape Feare" fails even as a vessel for Bart-style humor, since most of the gags are about Sideshow Bob hurting himself in typically cartoonish ways.
    In the end, that is the real failing of "Cape Feare": unlike the many great episodes of Simpsons history, this episode lacks the initiative to be anything more than a great cartoon.
  • Sideshow Bob returns, sending threatening letters to Bart through the mail. Bob gets off on parole, with the logic that "No one who speaks German can be an evil man." The Simpsons move to Terror Lak, but are followed by Bob, whos plans are foile

This episode was truly amazing. I have seen it a million times, and still enjoy it. But then, I can enjoy anything with Sideshow Bob! This episode was witty, and the rake slapping thing is hilarious, especially the rake on the boat. This is an example of the Simpsons at their best. Full of jokes, a laugh a minute (or more), and clever. It is one of my personal favorites, and any Simpson fan can agree that this is one of the best episodes of the series. Seasons, four, five and eight are my personal favorite seasons, and this episode is one of the reasons season five is up there!
  • In my opinion, one of the best Simpsons' episodes ever...

"Brilliant" is one of the many words to describe this episode. The parts with the letters in blood, Sideshow Bob and the Thompsons was fantastic. The part that had me in splits was Homer scaring Bart half to death with his chainsaw and hockey-mask. The part with the rakes was a bit too long and eventually gets boring. But it takes nothing away from the rest of the show, in which Bart finds a novel (albeit melodious) way to escape death at Sideshow Bob's hands.
  • The perfect episode

Absolutely fantastic, this is my favourite episode of the series.
    I laughed so many times watching it years ago, and I still find it hilarious when I see a rerun.
    The gags involving Sideshow Bob are the best I've ever saw in The Simpsons: the rakes, the moment he is under the car and has to pass the cactus field, the moment Homer assaults Bart with the chainsaw, the knife and the cake...omg, I'm laughing even now that I'm writing this review!
    I don't remember a newer episode that was so funny to watch from start to end. Truly a classic, no doubt about it.
  • Best episode ever!

Cape Feare is a great episode that is my clear favourite everytime. This episode was well executed in the plot and the jokes. Also Sideshow Bob is one of my favourite characters, because he is a mix of funny and sinister, but not at all like Mr. Burns. Bart gets threatening letters from an anonymous source. It has to be Bart\'s arch nemesis good old Sideshow Bob. Due to this threat, The Simpson Family have to move to Terror Lake, not knowing that Sideshow Bob is on the trail.

All in all, it is a classic episode of a mix of fear and fun. I wish I could rate it higher, but I can only rate it up to 10!
  • I've watched this episode over ten times.

This episode id so good, so funny, that I've watched it over ten times. Who couldn't like this episode? It's the best Sideshow Bob episode the Simpsons have ever made. The jokes, the action, and it even built up suspense for me. I was dying to know what would happen! Now that I do, I still laugh at all the jokes that made The Simpsons so great.

My favorite part was when the Simpsons are on the boat, and Bart is in his bed, really scared, thinking Sideshow Bob could come in any minute, ready to kill him. Then, Homer comes barging through the door with a running chainsaw in a crazy yelling voice yelling, "Hey Bart, do you like my chainsaw!?" Then, he came in with the brownies and the knife... clas.sic.

9.8 out of 10, near-perfect.
  • Third and best sideshow bob episode

This episode is my favourite appearance of sideshow bob, nearly all of the characters acting stupid at one stage or another, in homer's case, at least ten times. When bart gets threatening letters from an unknown source, chief wiggum doesn't think it's against the law. marge pauses between saying to bart "i'm going to get you...some ice-cream..." The thompson scene is definitely one of homer's stupid moments. sideshow bob is surprisingly stupid in this episode aswell, continuously stepping on rakes, using a bloody finger to write notes and fainting from blood loss and agreeing to sing the entire song of The HMS pinafore to Bart as a last request. bart tries to escape the boat by jumping out, seeing crocodiles on one side, electric eels on the other, then going back to the crocodile side. evenan extra said "anyone who speaks german can't be an evil man". this stupidity definitely contributes to the humour of this episode. the mystery in the first act is indeed mysterious the first time I saw this episode and the reveal of Sideshow Bob was very well written. this is indeed one of the simpsons episodes that will be remembered for a long time.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the simpsons sideshow bob is sending death threats to bart simpson in this ep and they discover that sideshow bob was relessed from prison and the simpsons are sent to safe house to get away from bob for protected people and bob follows them and then trys to kill bart in this and his plans are ruined once again in this one . this was a good ep and had some funny parts in this when bob his hitting his face with the rakes and and that is why i gave the ep the grade i gave it
  • Bob Plot #3

Bart gets threats in the mail, and he soon learns it is from Bob. So the Simpsons relocate themselves. But little do they realize that Bob is following them. In the end, Bob is about to finally get Bart, but Bart tricks him by singing the entire score from the HMS Pinafore. And he is again arrested. Everything returns to normal, except for... Grandma?! Nah, it's Grampa looking like a woman because he did not have his pills.

This is one of the funniest episodes of the whole series. It's wacky too but almost every single jokes in it works.
  • Bart's sworn enemy Sideshow Bob has been paroled and once again tries to murder Bart. The Simpsons' efforts to elude Bob have them joining the Witness Protection Program and being relocated to a town named Cape Feare.

Hands down the funniest episode of the season. The laughs do not stop from beginning to end. Kelsey Grammar is once again in top form as the voice of Sideshow Bob. It's hard to determine which is the best scene in this episode because there are so many great ones. From the Simpsons' drive to their new home to Bob's unlucky encounters with numerous rakes and a very painful parade, it's hard to say which is the best. Let's not forget the hysterical way that Bart manages to outsmart Bob and save himself. Definitely a classic episode of "The Simpsons."
  • Sideshow bob is back and hes trying to kill Bart again.

This quite possibly be the best episode of the Simpsons since it is one of my favorites. The whole episode is just flawless from start to finish. I loved Homer getting his new name and not understanding the concept that he is Homer Thompsan now. Also, Homer scaring Bart with a chainshaw and butcher knife. All of the letters ti Bart were hilarious, and Bob's parole hearing had me in stiches. "No one who speaks German can be an evil man!" Bottom line this is just a wonderful episode and a must see for any TV fan even if you dont like the show.
  • Classic

This is one of the best Simpson episodes ever, and is regarded as one of the all-time greats. It is a parody of the horror film, Cape Fear, also taking its title. Sideshow Bob is shown in prison writing threatening letters to Bart. He is soon released from prison and vows to act his revenge against Bart. The Simpsons find out about this and enter a witness protection program that leads them to the town, Terror Lake. Little do they know that Sideshow Bob has been following them all along. This is easily one of my favorite episodes and another great Sideshow Bob episode.
  • A classic attempt of sideshow bob killing young bart simpson.

I really love this episode it's for me the best one of all the simpsons episodes. Almost everthing they say is meant as a joke! :)Die bart Die. No one who speaks german could be an evil man! And of course the rake scene. :D But I especially love the part from homer walks in with a butcher knif till sideshow bob gets arrested. But my favourite quote from sideshow bob is still... Atempting murder, now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry? And then... You want the truth! You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! Bah! I deride your truth handling abilities! Haha so funny ;)

I know my englisch isn't that good but I'm Dutch and I get english at my school and I'm not verry good in it. :P
  • Sideshow Bob is released from prison, and makes another attempt at killing Bart, with very humourous consequences

This was a spectacular Simpsons episode. It ticked all the boxes for a good comedy: Jokes, sarcasm, slapstick humour, allusions, good guest stars, etc. There were so many funny parts of this episode. I especially loved Sideshow Bob, he is what made this episode extra special.

Bob:'No, that's German for 'The Bart, The'.'

Bart: 'I couldn't help noticing you have a lovely voice'
    Bob: 'Guilty as charged'

This was also one of those iconic episodes, the ones that, even if you haven't seen them, you know what happens in them because they are talked about so much. Extremely funny, cleverly written and pure gold.
  • "Not The elephants!" As Sideshow Bob is stomped on.

Could this be the best episode of the Simpsons? Certainly the rating is high and the quality of writing is superb. You can see this is the last episode to be written by the original team of writers - future ones aren't this good. Sideshow Bob is out of prison again. He goes after Bart, forcing the family to go on the witness protection program. Hilarity follows as Bob chases them into Terror Lake and onto the house boat. Favourite lines: "Oh no Dad's been drugged" cries Lisa "No he hasn't!" Replies Marge. "Surely there's no harm in lying in the street." Bob to Bart. A marching parade comes along "Not the elephants!"

And the rake scene. Funniest Ever.
  • Sideshow Bob gets paroled from prison and sets out to murder Bart, causing much distress to the Simpson family. Parodying the movies 'Cape Fear' (partially), the family is harassed by their psycho stalker and flees the town to try to escape their trouble.

This episode is just super funny and very well crafted. It pretty much makes the most both of a Cape Fear parody and of the character of Sideshow Bob as he stood in the series. Good, entertaining fun with some classic, hysterical moments such as Homer's houseboat snafus and Bob's incident with rakes. It's jam packed with great funny stuff, actually. 'Tis not to be missed. My one real issue with this episode is that the ending was a little anti-climactic, especially that random Grandpa joke, but it's not enough to bring down the episode. This is my favorite Sideshow Bob ep, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't most people's.
  • My favorite Sideshow Bob episode!

Now, The Simpsons have to move because Sideshow Bob is back! My favorie scene.

"Do you want a brownie before you go to bed?"

"Ahhh!"

"Come on, get them why'll their still hot"

"Dad. I would appreciate it if you don't come into my room screaming with a knife!"

"Why? (Looks at knife) Oh. Right. Well nothings going to be bad tonight. (Kisses Bart)"

"Hey Bart! You want to see my new goalie mask and Chain saw?"

Yeah. My favorite quote. I took up most of the review but. What are you going to do? Well. This is my favorite episode of season 5.

Final Grade: A-, 9
  • A very great episode.

The episode begins with Sideshow Bob threatening Bart with letters written in blood. When this continues, the Simpsons are relocated to a place called Cape Fear, where their new names are the Thompsons. All seems peaceful, but Bob had secretly followed them to their new location. Sideshow Bob awakens Bart in the middle of the night, in an attempt to kill him. With their "boathouse" drifting down the river, Bart tries to escape Bob by running all over the boat. Just as it seems to be the end, Bart stalls Sideshow Bob by getting him to sing an incredibly long song. The boat ends up in Springfield, where the cops arrest Bob. The Thompsons then become the Simpsons again.
  • 1 of the best Simpsons episodes ever.

There are some episodes people watch that they'll remember it... till the next episode comes on.

Then there are those episodes that you'll remember for the rest of your life: Cape Feare is one of those episodes.

That Sideshow Bob Rake Sequence... priceless. I swear sometimes me and my brother be puttin that on repeat because it's so funny. Gotta love Bob's peformance, it was very good. Yeah. I understand how this is one of the best episodes ever. There's too many Awesome SCENES IN IT!! But like I said, that rake sequence is the Scene I'll defintely remember for the rest of my life.
  • "He called me Chief Piggum"

Bart is getting letters from a mysterious person, threatening to kill him. He gets a lot of them and finds out it isn't anyone in his school. It turns out the letters are from Sideshow Bob and Bob is on parole. Bob manages to get out and the simpsons find out, so they move with Bob hidden in the car. Bob tracks Bart down and tries to kill him. He confronts Bart in the simpsons new boathouse and Bart gets him to perform the entire performance of the HMS Pinafore and the police then get Sideshow Bob. Hilarious episode, one of the best episode.
  • This episode was pretty funny.

Some of the scenes in this episode were forgettable, but the ones that weren't were hilarious! It was a really good Sideshow Bob episode, like when Sideshow Bob walks into the rakes like 10 times (or nine), and when Homer comes into Barts room carrying the knife and brownies, and right after the chainsaw lol.. I thought this episode is amongst the greatest of the Simpsons, and it used somewhat dark humour (like when Sideshow Bob was writing his grocery list in blood) and just the regular old Simpsons charm... it is a good follow up to the previous episode too=)
  • Hilarious

Cape Feare is one of the funniest episodes of the Simpsons and high among the best. It is such an enjoyable episode with great jokes throughout and classic material ,who can forget the rake scene where Bob get's hit not once not twice but nine times. The plot is interesting and uses it's dark theme for some humorous moments with it's villain being used for comedy something that is great in a comedy show. It is an episode that can be watched many times and still be enjoyable and the pace is quite fast and helps make the episode exciting. Just one of the greatest and funniest episodes.
  • Sideshow Bob comes into full play

Kesley Grammer's flawless voice-acting--the right tone, body, and volume--alone makes this episode worth watching. We find the shady Sideshow Bob again determined to KILL BART. With humor both classy and classic, this episode is sure to please any Simpson's fan. Some of the best jokes include the scene where Homer runs in with a butcher knife so he can give Bart brownies, and the singing scene of the H.M.S. Pinafore. Effortless writing, delightful plot, and, once again, the humor. However, I did detract a point from these because of the needless rake gag and the slightly too fast pacing. Score! A delightful episode.
  • This is the episode that started it all for Sideshow Bob in the sense that this is the first episode in which I can really say had me on the floor because I was laughing sooo hard...

Bart begins receiving threatening letters from Sideshow Bob. When Bob is released from prison, Bart is terrified of being killed by the sociopathic former sidekick. To protect Bart, the entire Simpson family undergoes Witness Relocation and moves to a houseboat docked on the aptly named Terror Lake, just outside of Springfield. Bob tracks them down, ties up Homer, Marge, and Lisa, and tries to kill Bart. Bart outsmarts Sideshow Bob by asking him to sing the entire score to The H.M.S. Pinafore, thereby buying enough time to trap him in the mud beside a brothel where Chief Wiggum and other Springfield Police Department officers just happen
  • One of My Top Ten Favorite Episodes

This is a great episode. If anyone has seen the Robert Mitchum/Gregory Peck 1962 original or the Robert De Niro/Marton Scorsese 1991 remake of Cape Fear (the movie this episode is based on) then you realize the similarities between the movie and the episode.

This episode is wonderful. Sideshow Bob's release (The Bart The is sooooooooo funny), and Homer's stupidity (when I say Mr. Thompson and stamp on your foot) are some of the best in this episode.

But the highlight is the rake sequence, it may not be the best when it comes to the actual story but it is quite hilarious. One of the show's best.
  • Over a decade old, and unimaginably so much better than anything else on TV. Especially with today's standards.

"Cape Feare" is 100% flawless. It is clever and funny at the same time.
    This episode alone is one of the reasons The Simpson's is in my top 5 greatest shows of all time.
    By far the best episode to start on, and, by far the best episode FULL STOP.

Family Guy is not great enough to do anything like this, and they never will. I pity them.

The episode is without a doubt The Simpson's at their very best. By far the greatest episode ever, as well as hailing from the greatest Simpson's season ever, Season 5.

If you're a Simpson's fan like me, then the Season 5 Box-set is automatically a must-have.