A The Simpsons Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on FOX

You might want to take a deep breath before watch the video below; it's a five-minute first look at Fox's upcoming crossover between The Simpsons and Family Guy, a commercial inevitability created to generate ratings and buzz. The episode is scheduled to air as Family Guy's Season 13 premiere on Sunday, September 28. And admit it, you're at least somewhat excited to see what comes out this Frankenstein'd combo of the network's two biggest animated series. So here you go. Enjoy?

Bart and Stewie, Homer and Peter... ummm, we probably should have seen this coming a mile away, but it's still quite a shock to see Springfield and Quahog collide. I'm not sure it works for me. What do you think?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/19/2017

Season 28 : Episode 20

Next Episode

AIRS ON 5/7/2017

Season 28 : Episode 20

23 Comments
Comments (23)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
It wasn't bad ..but even in a 5 min clip it started to get a little tedious..
But I will still tune in..
Flag
I think a whole episode with both shows together is just to much, the gag gets old after a while. It's like eating a whole cake instead of just one piece, after a while you're sick of cake.
Flag
dammit video doesnt work
Flag
I utterly abhor the implication that Bob's Burgers can't survive on its own merit...because The Simpsons is its lead-in, and I haven't watched that in years.
Flag
so many haters in the comments, too funny...
I enjoy family guy but not a big fan of Simpsons, but I will likely enjoy this episode. I have a twisted sense of humor and that is definitely Family Guy, so I will keep enjoying it, let the haters hate and I will enjoy what I like.
Flag
The trailer at least was the same old Family Guy that has been tired for years (so much so I gave up watching it), with the worst The Simpsons has to offer crowbarred in.
Also, having Bob from Bob's Burgers show up and say you have to carry that show? Maybe in ratings, but NEITHER show has been even close to BB in greatness for a looooonnng time.
Flag
Can't wait to watch the full episode this fall!
Flag
This will probably be terrible but I will still enjoy it.
Flag
Springfield Gorge again!
Flag
Looks better than anything either show has done in six(teen) or seven(teen) years.
Flag
You're right. And I didn't laugh once. Not even a snicker. Ugh.
Flag
I'll watch it for Family Guy, not The Simpsons. Can't wait for Simporama.
Flag
The Jetsons and The Flintstones met and that turned out okay, so this could too.

There wasn't a Peter vs. Giant Chicken fight, but this was every bit as good.
Flag
Ooh, I can't wait! Show the rest of 18 minutes now please. :P
Flag
I wonder if the writers of The Simpsons still hate Family guy. Years ago in one the DVD commentaries of South Park, Matt and Trey were hating on Family Guy's writing style how it would go outside of the story to do a gag. What I'm referring to is when a character says "It's like that time when I was a for ." It's too easy, and it cheapens the overall story. They were also pleasantly surprised at the time to find that The Simpson's writers felt the same. That led to episode of South Park where thy had manitees were the writers for Family Guy. This was years ago, but Family Guy still does that bad joke format. It will be interesting to know if the writers still held some hostility.
Flag
I was a bit annoyed with Matt & Trey when they did that. I understand that they're jealous of writers who have a much easier way to get funny stuff into their show, but the point is that these things make the episodes funnier. It's really snobbish to crap on another comedy just because it's ONLY trying to be funny.

And it's not like Family Guy is the only show doing it. Do they hate all those other shows too?

Flag
In a south park episode, they looked up the meaning of the word plagiarism... It meant Family Guy. No secret Family Guy copied the Simpsons A lot!
Flag
Certainly in the first five or six seasons, you could make a drinking game of the amount of times Family Guy used a Simpsons joke
Flag
True! To be honest though even the core foundation of Family Guy is based on Simpsons. The smart/evil baby trying to kill a parent. The idiot dad. etc... It's clear I prefer The Simpsons over FG any day but still watched all episodes of both shows!
Flag
Hahahaha i love that beer argue and also bob's cameo!.

But still yet.. it all seem just.. a waaaay too forced.
Flag
Not sure this will work, stangely I think the Futurama/Simpsons cross over will work better despite the fact they are set a millennium apart.
Flag
Video didnt work for me. All the videos posted here seem to be region locked.

Flag
Follow this Show
Members