A The Simpsons Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on FOX (Returning September 25, 2016)

... The Simpsons is busy finishing up its ambitious Lego episode—which is scheduled to air May 4—and the show's official Twitter feed has released a first look at Lego Marge. And if you want to know/see more, TVGuide has an extended interview with the men behind the episode and a small pic of the entire Lego-ized family. In "Brick Like Me," which has been in the works for over two years—twice the normal production time for a typical Simpsons episode—Homer is forced to choose between an idyllic Lego world and his own world. This is going to be a cool one, folks. [Simpsons Twitter]

BUSINESS TIME

... NBC has announced a premiere date—Monday, May 19 at 10pm—for The Maya Rudolph Show, its upcoming variety-show special that will serve as a showcase for former Saturday Night Live and Up All Night star Maya Rudolph. Among Rudolph's guests will be Kristen Bell, Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen, Sean Hayes, Chris Parnell, Craig Robinson, and Janelle Monae. Among her viewers will be like nine people. [NBC via press release]

... If you are so excited for Fox's upcoming 24: Live Another Day miniseries that you'd be willing to stay in on a Saturday night and watch a 30-minute behind-the-scenes special it, then I have really, really great news for you. Fox will air 24: Live Another Day: Jack Is Back on Saturday, May 3 at 8:30pm. It'll serve as a timely primer for the event series, which debuts the following Monday, May 5 with a two-hour premiere. [Fox via press release]

... NBC still thinks there's life in web series and has announced an online video initiative with a couple familiar brands as headliners. The biggest project would be Heroes Reborn: Digital Series, which will launch in conjunction with and serve as a prequel to the network's questionable reboot of Tim Kring's superhero seriesSaturday Night Line (note the "N") will profile the superfans who wait outside 30 Rock in the standby line to get into live tapings of Saturday Night Live. Also en route are two original projects: Tesla and Twain, a comedy about the friendship between Mark Twain and Nikola Tesla in modern-day Los Angeles, and Last Single Girl, about a woman who remains single while all her friends are getting married. No premiere dates have been announced, but the content will appear on NBC.com, Hulu, and on-demand. [NBC via press release]

... True Detective has snagged the title of HBO's most-watched freshman series, now that delayed viewing numbers have bumped it up to an average audience of 11.9 million viewers per episode. That beats Six Feet Under's 11.4 million viewers per episode, but can we really count that this since Six Feet Under aired during a time when DVRs were just dreams in the minds of electronics engineers? [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... Stephen Colbert will get a good look at his future digs when he drops by Late Show with David Letterman on Tuesday, April 22. Last week, Colbert was named the future host of the program, set to take over when David Letterman retires in 2015. Hopefully Letterman will show Colbert how to work the tricky lock on the door, where the nearest good Thai place is, and how to fix the toilet when it runs. [CBS via press release]

... Country superduperstar Brad Paisley will make a visit to Two and a Half Men in the show's Season 11 finale, where he'll star opposite his real-life wife Kimberly Williams-Paisley. There's no word yet on what role Brad will play, but Kimberly plays Alan's new love interest, and a big moment is expected to happen between the two in the finale, which is scheduled to air May 8. [TVGuide

THE GAME OF THRONES SECTION

... Congratulations to Game of Thrones! The HBO drama has broken the piracy record for simultaneous sharing, with more than 193,000 people trying to steal the program at the same time. Great work, Game of Thrones! [Torrent Freak]

... The Crystal Cruises cruise line is starting a Game of Thrones tour in England and Ireland, where guests can visit several of the show's filming locations. A cruise would also be a great place to hold a wedding! What could go wrong? [PNJ.com]

REQUIRED READING

... Who cares if Breaking Bad ended last year? Let's continue to reap the wisdom of its creator Vince Gilligan through in-depth interviews like this one, where he talks about alternate endings, Better Call Saul, and more. [EW]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/22/2016

Season 27 : Episode 22

23 Comments
Comments (23)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
All that piracy didn't stop Game of Thrones from being one of their most watched things ever. So I doubt HBO is fretting too much.
Flag
Seems like The Simpsons is inviting challenging comparison to The LEGO Movie, they better bring their A-game, and it sounds in that interview like consulting with LEGO is going to keep them hamstrung. Also, the fact that it's an intentional tie-in to merchandise between the two entities is unpleasant business.

So what time is NBC planning to cancel The Maya Rudolph Show? I'm assuming 10:04pm, May 19th.

Wow, NBC's digital stuff is even worse-sounding than their broadcast stuff.
Flag
Is there a show on television that Fred Armisen HASN'T been on at this point?
Flag
If HBO would let them sell episodes of GoT on Itunes like a normal show then they might make a little more money... No one is going to wait a year to see the season and be left out of the watercooler talk.
Flag
There's not enough financial incentive. A season of Game of Thrones would be, what, $30?

Subscribing to HBO is around $20/month outside of package-sales. For many, GoT is the only real drawl to HBO so they have to make people want to subscribe to HBO somehow.

Face it... a majority of the people download GoT would still do that anyway even if it was on iTunes.

So they probably have a cost/benefit analysis saying selling on iTunes in a decent time would make them $X... but making it scarce forces Y people to subscribe thus making them $Z
Flag
Yeah, HBO is $20 or whatever, but you have to get cable too... So it's more like $80 a month... So many people are ditching cable for internet only. HBO needs to catch up with the trend and have an option for those who don't have cable. Maybe an online subscription.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Will doing a episode exploiting a movie that's an advertisement for toys make The Simpsons relevant again? (Was that rhetorical enough?)

NBC is doing a show about Mark Twain and Nikola Tesla being friends in modern day Los Angeles WTF?! If there ever were two men a product of their time it's those two. If they were born in a different era then so much about them would be different. The idea is nutso.

Salladhor Saan will be very pleased with today's Game of Thrones news.
Flag
I read somewhere or heard on the news that Australia is the #1 country in pirating GoT eps. It's not like we have HBO over here but we still have Showcase. I don't know whether to be proud that my country has great taste in television or not since we're all so eager to resort to illegal methods (which also includes me).
Flag
I'm sure that's because we're the awesomest, I just can't remember why.
Flag
Wait what... "Brick Like Me," which has been in the works for over two years—twice the normal production time for a typical Simpsons episode! So you say it takes one year to make one ep of the Simpsons?! They really spend 2 freaking years, making one ep that got a mayor product placement and is basically one ad for Lego!?
Flag
They should have just contracted it out to Seth Green... he'd probably knock that episode out in a month or two. But it would only be 5 minutes long and would be full of 80's cartoon references.
Flag
I'm not sure what the fuck a 'Maya Rudolph' is, but with that guest list, I will indeed be one of the nine. It's probably funny, given the company it keeps.
Flag
She's easy to love because she's beautiful, according to a song by her late mother.
Flag
Flag
Matt Groening must have a "bucket list" for everything he wants to do with this show before it ends. Seriously this animated family has done everything...sometimes twice! (Brazil episode)
Flag
*sigh*...Six Feet Under.....my favourite show of all time. Oh how I still miss it so badly....*breaksintohystericsonthekitchenfloor*
Flag
Ha ha - you got me there... I almost never cry but that final scene where we see how what the future brings had me crying real tears...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    People's List
    NEW
    ABC
  • 9:00 pm
    20/20: In an Instant Murder in the Maternity Ward
    NEW
    ABC