The Simpsons

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 12, 2010 on FOX

7.3
  • Pretty good until Fat Tony died

3.5
    FAT TONY DIES! I admit, it was kind of funny when they replace him with Fit Tony, but that part also didn't make much sense.
    Homer violates several of the nonsensical laws made on New Years Day, and gets in even bigger trouble when he tries to bribe his way out. He can have his jail time cut in half if he goes undercover with Fat Tony. While undercover Homer notices how kind the mob is to him in comparison with how rude the FBI-type people were. When he must finally betray Fat Tony, Fat Tony has a heart attack and dies. The FBI people are less than sympathetic to him and Homer is quite depressed. Until, that is, Fat Tony is strangely replaced by his twin, Fit Tony, who starts eating and turns into Fit Fat Tony, and then just Fat Tony for short. I loved most of the episode, especially the New Years Day scene, but when Fat Tony died the episode plummeted. I mean, sure you can kill off Fat Tony and have Homer be depressed, but then you replace him with somebody else? It's just stupid. Also, I didn't like that we only saw Homer in this episode. I wish the rest of the simpson family had had some part too, because we only saw them in like two scenes. Wow, season 22 is not doing very well. I know people have been saying the quality dropped somewhere between the 13th and 15th season, but I enjoyed season 21 a lot more than this. But I'm sure they'll get their act together and things will go smoothly again, and that's why i'll never stop watching this show. There was a bump in seasons 9-12 too, but they picked up again in 13. I'm sure they'll do the same this time.

3.5/10