The Simpsons

Dude, Where's My Ranch?

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 27, 2003 on FOX

7.7
  • perfect

What I liked: Homer's hate song on Ned, and Ned, Todd and Rod singing it one scene, the ending of the episode, Maggie dancing in her crib, the sister of the guy Lisa likes liking Bart, Homer complaining and we find out he was complaining about elk, amongst other things.

Really funny episode. The plots are not that great in this episode, but I do not care because I spent a great deal of my time laughing, which is really what the show is about. So, well-done episode, definitely giving this one an A+ as my final grade. Perfect episode
  • Another good episode

Man I love this episode man It is a great episode. Homer ends up making a song called EveryBody Hates Ned Flanders not to be confunse with Everybody hates Chris but that show didn't exist yet man. And then Homer gets tried of the song hey I love it. Then they go to dude ranch to get away from technology. Then Homer Battles Beaver and Lisa falls in Love with this guy name LUke and then Lisa gets rid of his girlfriend only to learn it's his sister and man I love when Bart battels the Beavers LMAO then Lisa gets a broken heart and Moe gets a song .
  • Homer makes a hate song, and to escape hearing it another time the family goes to a ranch.

All in al this was not by any means "a bad episode," however, this episode started out very very storng with Homer making a great hate song about Ned Flanders, and then the episode still satyed funny, but IMO didnt stay as strong as the begginng. However, Homer's song is just hilarious. "Everybody in the USA, hates their stupid nieghbor. He Flanders and hes really really gay Flanders tried to reck my song, his views on birthcontrol r wrong, I hate his guts and Flanders is his name!" Also, when Ned was singing a hate song about him in the car I couldnt stop laughing. Anyway, it was a good episode with a couple of great gags.
  • Funny and well written

Homer decides to write an original Christmas carol, and pens a tune called "Flanders is a Jerk." The song rockets up the charts, and the Simpsons are overwhelmed by the sudden success. They decide to get away from it all and take a restful vacation at a dude ranch.

At the ranch, Homer and Bart befriend a tribe of native Americans. They want a dam removed, to restore running water for their village. Battling a swarm of beavers, Homer and Bart manage to destroy the dam and become honorary members of the tribe. Very funny episode worthy of your time to watch it... Great Christmas story episode
  • An above average episode. But so what, this episode is from the 14th season, I'm surprised they even managed to think up ANY plot after all these episodes.

It seems that the writers can, and do, put the characters wherever they are wanted, without worrying about their characteristics. This episode is a perfect example of that.

However, this episode does have very clever, funny humour. "Is it here, or is it not" is something I constantly consider every time I watch a "new" Simpson's episode, usually because a season like S11 or S12 usually have episodes with really dumb humour; but then theres several episodes in S14 and S15 with really clever humour. It gets very strange and confusing, but interesting at the same time.

I do enjoy this episode much more than I'd enjoy a slightly earlier episode, and that's because "Dude, Where's My Ranch?" is very entertaining to watch. I recommend this episode.
  • Everybody hates Ned Flanders!

Now, while I enjoyed the whole episode I liked the beginning the most. Homer wrote a catchy song about Ned and it becomes so popular the family cant stand it and they go take a vacation to a ranch. I espically like Bart and Homer fighting the beavers and Lisa's crush. Overall it was a great episode.
  • A good episode.

This episode was okay. I really liked it because it started at Christmas time. I felt really sorry for Lisa in this episode because her first crush dumped her saying he already had a girlfriend. Homer's hatred song for Ned Flounders was sooooo funny! The Simpsons also had to move because of that stupid song. They moved to a ranch. A really nice one.
  • Homer\'s musical talent explored

We all know the bumbling, idiotic, fat man named Homer Simpson but one thing that may not be evident is Homer\'s musical talent. This was first shown in Homer\'s Barbershop Quartet where it is revealed that possibly the dumbest man in TV history can write songs (Baby on Board, etc.) and it is further explored in this episode when he writes the Everybody Hates Ned Flanders song, which without it being in the episode, probably would have lowered my rating a lot. But fortunately it was in the episode and shows that homer does have a glimpse of intelligence in one area, though you\'ll noice that he never spells Flanders\' name right in the whole song. Great to show that homer isn\'t all glandular with limited brain cells.
  • Dude Wheres My Ranch

This episode is really good throughout. I like it when the Simpson family go caroling and reach Burns Lawyers house and the lawyer told Homer off for copyrighting the song. So Homer creates his carol which I found really good but Homer gets really annoyed because they play it over and over again.
  • A really good episode.

Heh heh, what a great episode! I was laughing all the way through this one, quite a rarity for newer episodes. In fact, it's quite rare for some older episodes to laugh as much as I did for this one!

First we start with a good opener - the Simpsons singing Christmas carols; plenty of funny moments here, especially the lawyer with his "Cease & Desist" thing. Then we move onto the most hilarious part of the episode - Homer singing about how much he hates Flanders. I was laughing out loud for at least five minutes here! The guest star wasn't a bad one in this part as well.

Then a quick plot change - I'm not to fond of these usually, but the way it was introduced (the family all pitching in to do the washing up) was great. Homer's "take one" line was good, as was Maggie in the cupboard - in fact Maggie had some great bits throughout the entire episode.

We have two storylines which intertwined beautifully and were both funny, the way it should be, and a mark of classic Simpsons writing. The last minute or so was not as funny as it could have been, but that didn't matter - the episode had been so amazing, any ending would have been good. I really can't get over how excellent this episode was, truly a classic!
FOX