The Simpsons

Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 04, 2012 on FOX

• the simpsons exit through the kwik e mart

this was an alright episode it wasn't that funny i liked the line from bart when he said i got an f in art so that technacly spells fart but overall it wasn't that funny but its not the worst episode this season
  • Best episode since "Father, Son and Holy Guest star."

Lately, the Simpsons haven't been very entertaining, but this episode was quite refreshing. I felt sorry for Bart after his rabbit ate the phone cord, causing Marge to miss her birthday phone call from the TV show host, and to be vilified on her favorite tv show. And for once, Homer went through a lot of trouble to make this birthday memorable for Marge.

However, this episode is close to my heart, since I am a fan of underground, low brow and graffiti art. I am especially a huge fan of Shepard Fairey and Ron English. I just loved how Bart became a huge sensation with his graffiti.

Maybe this episode should be released along with the episodes "Brush with Greatness," and "Mom and Pop art" as a special edition DVD. They could call it, "The Simpson museum of art."
  • Meh...

It was an alright episode. The only decent part was when Bart became a street artist and he and Milhouse decide to tag Homer's mug on the buildings all over Springfield. There weren't many laughs in this episode, but the idea was pretty original as far as Bart getting into street art. The part about getting back at Homer though wasn't all that original since they have done a few episodes about that already. Overall though, it wasn't the worst, but it definitely wasn't one of the best this season. 7/10
  • Alright

First off, the game of thrones opening was fucking hillarious and one of the best coach gags ever. The rest was ok

Bart inadvertantly causing Marge's favorite chef to hate her was kind of unpleasant and I would like to see that misunderstanding resolved. The fact that homer actually remembered to get marge a gift she liked was touching and bart crapped on that. I liked the gag where Snake and Apu have their roles reversed, and the ceremony at the end was cool as well. The way that Ned and Krabappel's new relationship is shown (subtly and in the background) is a nice touch and it's good to see ned moving on. Overall alright episode but I wish the damn subplot with the chef was resolved.
  • Reasonable episode

I did enjoy this episode, and while parts of it were a bit strange the story as a whole was well delivered. The season seems to be getting better with each episode!
  • Bart becomes a graffiti street artist

In order to get back at his dad, Bart goes undercover as a graffiti street artist and plasters Homer's unflattering image all over Springfield. But one night, Bart and Milhouse get caught in the act by established street artists Shepard Fairey, Ron English, Kenny Scharf and Robbie Conal, and to Bart's surprise, they invite him to exhibit his satirical artwork in his very own gallery show. Meanwhile, a hip, new health food superstore opens in Springfield that threatens to put Apu and the Kwik-E-Mart out of business. I thought that this was a perfect episode of "The Simpsons". I didn't laugh too much in this episode but I really loved the storyline and that is just as important to me. The first 5 minutes of the episode with Homer getting Marge's birthday present signed by dont know whose name but she is a parody of Paula Deen. My only nit-pick about this episode was poor Marge's birthday being ruined after Bart's rabbit cuts off the line and that lady who is a parody of Paula Deen officially hates Marge. Other than that nit-pick, I loved this episode. The aspect of Bart becoming a street graffiti artist was very cool to see. I enjoy "graffiti" episodes of shows and this one was awesome. Millhouse being Bart's graffiti sidekick was pretty funny as well. As for the humor, the parts that made me laugh was Bart being inside a cage and then he actually enjoys being in the cage, Homer and Apu "tiny sword" fighting, the "No Refunds" scene, Grandpa's cameo appearance, and the very ending of the episode. The storyline was well done and there were some good humor. I didn't laugh a lot but when I did laugh, they made me laugh pretty hard. Overall, a perfect episode of "The Simpsons"... one of Season 23's best. 10/10
  • This was a great episode!

This was pretty funny, I liked how the Simpsons parodied Trader Joe's (even though that's my favorite food store), and how they almost drive the Kwik--e-Mart out of business. And the part where Apu attempts to rob Trader Joe's but is talked out of it by Snake. ("An Indian has been outsourced!" Apu laments)

But the meat of the story is how Homer punishes Bart for inadvertently messing up Marge's birthday and Bart (desiring payback) decides to tag Homer's mug all over Springfield. And Bart becomes an unexpected celebrity as a result. I liked how the eppie had cameos from "Street" artists, like the guy who created the Obama "Hope" poster. (And he turns out to by an undercover officer who assists in busting Bart.)

The little things in the eppie were funny too, like the Paula Deen parody and the Moe Slezyak cameo. All in all, this was definitely one of the better latter-day Simpsons eppies.
FOX