The Simpsons

Father Knows Worst

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 26, 2009 on FOX

• Truly terrific episode! Had me laughing the whole way through! :)

This was one of those episodes where you don't actually find out what it's about until about halfway through. One event just lead to another. Fortunately, every one of those events happened to be completely hilarious. The main plot was Homer deciding to be a better father to Bart and Lisa and help them out at school. Homer helping out his kids? Yeah, right. Good effort though, Homer. Homer does Bart's school project for him, which is cheating and Bart tells the truth that he didn't really do it himself. That was so great that Bart did something good. Telling the truth was great character development for him, even though in the next episode he'll probably be back to his bad-self. Lisa discovered that she prefers to be a loner rather then a popular kid. I kind of new from the very beginning, but whatever. It's better for Lisa to be who she really is then who everyone else wants her to be. Poor Maggie only had one scene in this episode, but she was still cute in that one scene. In the sub-plot Marge discovers that they have a sauna hidden in their house. She showed it to Homer at the end of the episode and they relaxed together. That was kind of cute, but I'm glad it wasn't that big a part of the episode. Anyways, I literally laughing out loud throughout the whole episode, and I don't do that very often. It's funny how for a while the Simpsons wasn't very good, but the past few episodes have been fabulous. Half a point off the episode for unoriginality though. The thing with Homer doing Bart's project has been done on other shows, but it was still funny. Looking forward to more great episodes! :)
FOX