The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Episode Discussion: Treehouse of Horror XXIII

Gatorsrule6

[1]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 20

Discuss the episode.

I thought it was mildly entertaining. Laughed maybe twice. Kind of spotty endings.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 22

The Back to the Future look-alike segment was my favorite one.

Edited on 10/08/2012 6:47am

danharr

[3]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 45

I liked it all the segments were good.

antdude

[4]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 27
    Third act (Back to the Future) was the best. Soso episode overall.

Why did FOX show this one so early when it is showing a new one 21st? I can understand if it couldn't show until November due to MLB games.
    Edited on 10/08/2012 2:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

LordGrievous

[5]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 13

itfeels like the treehouse of horror episodes have been reduced to movie parodies instead of horror/halloween.

though this one was better then last years,though all the Homers getting beat by bart and Marge's nerd husband was a little too ridiculous.

meathead704

[6]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 39

"Treehouse of Horror XXIII" was a good episode. My favorite segment was "Unnormal Activity" mainly because it was such a well done parody. As I have said before parody has always been a strong point of The Simpsons since the beginning. I particularly liked the part of the segment where Bart made the demon visible by covering it with baby powder. Maybe somebody should try that in Paranormal Activity 4. The segment titled "The Greatest Story Ever Holed" was weak. I did not like it's abrupt ending. It seemed like the writers could not come up with a good ending for it and just ended it suddenly (Like a Monty Python sketch.). The first episode of "Treehouse of Horror" remains the best (Though it's generically titled "The Simpsons Halloween Special" as was the four episodes in the series.). I love the Simpsons' retelling of The Raven just as much today as I did when I saw it for the first time.

coolchris44

[7]Oct 9, 2012

it was great had many lol moments the black hole refusing to eat bart's homework nelson giving himself a wedgie when he was bart's butler all the homers not taking out the trash and then making egyptian slave homer take it out and several other parts but i don't want to ramble. i give it a 9/10.

gr297689

[8]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 3
    Just wondering why treehouse of horror aired so early? Games?? I noticed all of Fox schedule cartoons have only aired 2 to 3 episodes all season so far....Games? anyone know why? thanks....about to watch the treehouse of horror btw..

antdude

[9]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 27
    gr297689 wrote:
    Just wondering why treehouse of horror aired so early? Games?? I noticed all of Fox schedule cartoons have only aired 2 to 3 episodes all season so far....Games? anyone know why? thanks....about to watch the treehouse of horror btw..
    Yes, MLB. FOX used to do it after Halloween. LOL!

Raccoon1459

[10]Nov 11, 2012
    gr297689 wrote:

World Series.

waterlady03

[11]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 6

LordGrievous wrote:

itfeels like the treehouse of horror episodes have been reduced to movie parodies instead of horror/halloween.

though this one was better then last years,though all the Homers getting beat by bart and Marge's nerd husband was a little too ridiculous.

Honestly I think the third segment should've been made into an episode of it's own called Child Time. Following Bart into the past, it's Lisa who is interested in buying a Malibu Stacy doll for cheap. She helps sneak a younger Homer into the car in an attempt to stop him. When she returns to the present, she and Bart sees that Artie has married Marge and that they are living in a wealthy section of Springfield. Bart and Maggie both share Artie's hairstyle, while Lisa took after Marge with her hair wavy and long. Although flattered with the attention he give to her, Lisa feels bad and helps the two Homers get their revenge on Bart. While Marge and Artie are away visiting a more happier Patty and Selma, she lures him into a trap with Maggie's help. After getting beat up by the two Homers, Bart confess in why he altered the timeline intentionally. He wanted to give himself and his sisters a better chance at life and thought they would've been cheated if he(meaning Homer) stayed with Marge. This is why he told a teenaged Marge to remain with Artie, rather than marry Homer. Lisa appreciates Bart for being honest with her, but she still tells him it was still wrong of him to interfere and they must fix the timeline.

Edited on 12/11/2012 2:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.