The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Four Regrettings and a Funeral - Episode Discussion

Gatorsrule6

[1]Nov 4, 2013
    • level: 20

I liked it. I thought it was funny and interesting. I didn't really care for the flashback to 2001 that shows Homer WITH hair. If he'd been bald, I would've been okay with it, justify in my head by saying "maybe he had a second job we didn't see." Or maybe have set it back in like 1985 or something. It's nitpicky but that's such an easy thing for the staff to not draw attention to. They could've even just put "Years earlier" on the screen. Bleh, whatever. Still a good episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ayranci2

[2]Nov 5, 2013
    • level: 4

This episode was clever and interesting. I liked it. Although, I can't say It's the best episode of this season. It has some problems but overall, a great episode for season 25. 8/10

meathead704

[3]Nov 5, 2013
    • level: 39

"Four Regrettings and a Funeral" is the best episode of the season up to this point. I was laughing so hard I could not breathe. I am not a fan of Ally McBeal at all, but I thought the name of the store where Homer bought his prized bowling ball was very clever not to mention hysterical. Bart's balloon adventure waswell done too. I like how everybody came together at the end torescue him.

The tributes to Marcia Wallace were terrific. Well deserved for such a tremendously talented actor and comedian.

It would be nice to see The Simpsons do an episode where they acknowledge Edna Krabappel's death and give her a dignified send off as they did with Bleeding Gums Murphy and Maud Flanders (Strangly, Dr. Marvin Monroe's death was not acknowledged at all. At least not that I can recall.).

Ned Flanders has now outlived two wives. The Good Lord must me mad at him!

meathead704

[4]Nov 5, 2013

"Four Regrettings and a Funeral" is the best episode of the season up to this point. I was laughing so hard I could not breathe. I am not a fan of Ally McBeal at all, but I thought the name of the store where Homer bought his prized bowling ball was very clever not to mention hysterical. Bart's balloon adventure waswell done too. I like how everybody came together at the end torescue him.

The tributes to Marcia Wallace were terrific. Well deserved for such a tremendously talented actor and comedian.

It would be nice to see The Simpsons do an episode where they acknowledge Edna Krabappel's death and give her a dignified send off as they did with Bleeding Gums Murphy and Maud Flanders (Strangly, Dr. Marvin Monroe's death was not acknowledged at all. At least not that I can recall.).

meathead704

[5]Nov 5, 2013

Torzhestvuyushe

[6]Nov 5, 2013
    • level: 11
    meathead704 wrote:

It was acknowledged in Episode 138 during the trivia question. "Which popular characters have died in the past year? If you said Bleeding Gums Murphy and Dr. Marvin Monroe, you're dead wrong. They were never popular!"

Always made me laugh.

Gatorsrule6

[7]Nov 6, 2013
    • level: 20

Edna K did not die. The voice actor did. Also, Dr. Marvin Monroe did not die. They brought him back in a later season and he said he was sick for a while.

Torzhestvuyushe

[8]Nov 7, 2013
    • level: 11
    Yeah I think it's kind of a running gag. In one episode, you see his gravestone and you see a building called the "Dr. Marvin Monroe Memorial" and then in Season 15, he's supposedly alive lol.