The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

How many times has Homer been fired from the plant now?

TKnHappyNess

[1]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 20

I count that including tonight's ep (where I didn't see the ep in my time zone, and missed the first part where he got fired), he's been fired at least 3 times (4 if you count his layoff at the hands of the Germans).

First firing: He drives around one of those golf cart thingies, and while waving at Bart, he crashes into something and gets canned by Sherri and Terri's father.

Second firing (if you count it): Homer drifts off into a daydream while being interviewed by the Germans where he's in "The land of chocolate", and wakes up ten minutes later. He's the only one who got canned.

Third firing: Homer attempts to enlarge a donut in the nuclear reactor or the core, he causes a fire, and claiming it's his "first day", he gets spared, but when Burns asks why Homer lied to him, he said it was his first day again and gets fired.

Fourth firing: Whatever happened in last night's ep because I missed that part.

I don't count the ep where Marge had Maggie because Homer quit, and he did come "crawling back" when he needed more money.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mitu123

[2]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 14
    Are you forgetting the episode in Season 15 ("Diatribe of a Mad Housewife") when Homer ran over the guy who inspects the power plant to see if there was anything wrong with it, and there was nothing wrong (it's 100% clean) until Homer ran that guy over(killing him) and destroyed some parts of Mr. Burns's office, not to mention the insides of the power plant because there was too much Krusty merchandise inside the car that blocks his way(like that Krusty doll that was on the brake petal so he couldn't brake at all)? Yeah, you pretty much got most of them, even if you forgot THOH II's 3rd segment when he got fired because he fell asleep on the job when Mr. Burns and Smithers watches him through security cameras.

mitu123

[3]Nov 27, 2006
    And oh, on last night's episode, he was goofing off with his coworkers as they were playing a game in a
    office and when Mr.Burns came in, he heard the ice cream truck music
    (Pop goes the Weasel) and thought his boss looked like ice cream so he
    licked him a lot and got fired.

halowars730

[4]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 5

Alot i dont know??

clueless

simpspin

[5]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    Homer's been away from the plant longer than he has been, if not it's getting that way really, really fast! (And the "Homer Gets a Job" crap isn't funny anymore!)

hurricaneguy

[6]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 20
    385 lol

mitu123

[7]Nov 28, 2006
    To be honest, Homer should never work at a power plant ever again. He gets fired so many times that after "Ice Cream of Margie(With the Light Blue Hair)", it's over, he needs to focus on a real job he doesn't get fired in. And since Mr. Burns can't remember his name, even though he said his name many times and Homer works for him for 10 years, he's more likely to work at the plant again. If he does, don't get fired, that storyline is over with.