The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

If you could "erase" one episode, which one you would erase?

DB_Fan

[41]May 6, 2006
    • level: 18
    The only episode I would erase is the one where Maude dies, that way she could still be a regular character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

churchy4

[42]May 6, 2006
    • level: 4
    I don't like the later seasons of 'The Simpsons' as they are too political and aren't funny!

lobomensch

[43]May 6, 2006
    • level: 51
    Sounds like South Park, too political and not funny either.

I'd erase "Homerpalooza," that was the first real big shark jump.

aplourey

[44]May 6, 2006
    • level: 34
    i love every episode except for dead puttings society

Bonici

[45]May 6, 2006
    • level: 5
    I'd erase "The wettest stories ever told". i dont really like those kind of episodes, that are made of small stories

KrimsonKracker

[46]May 7, 2006
    aplourey wrote:
    i love every episode except for dead puttings society

Try re-watching that episode and tell me it doesn't have brilliant writing.

storm_troop

[47]May 18, 2006
    • level: 11
    Pranksta Rap! (shudders)

ozziefan

[48]May 18, 2006
    • level: 30

DB_Fan wrote:
    The only episode I would erase is the one where Maude dies, that way she could still be a regular character.

Maude didn't really bring much to the show, I'm not sure why you'd want her back.

Clarinet2006

[49]May 18, 2006
    • level: 12
    Clarinet2006 wrote:
    Bart of War, The Frying Game, Bart-Mangled Banner
    I'm changing my mind to "The Monkey Suit" only.
    Edited on 05/18/2006 8:55pm

schoolsucks2005

[50]May 18, 2006
    • level: 11

lobomensch wrote:
    Sounds like South Park, too political and not funny either. I'd erase "Homerpalooza," that was the first real big shark jump.

I'd love to erase that one!

9th_kyu_of_doom

[51]May 19, 2006
    • level: 4

KrimsonKracker wrote:
    I would erase "A streetcar named Marge" Why? WTF is wrong with it? What is wrong with ANY episode in Seasons 4 through 8? People have some explaining to do.

i agree. it was the most useless episode. krimsonkracker is pretty smart

xtremepercy

[52]May 19, 2006
    Bart vs Australia

KrimsonKracker

[53]May 20, 2006
    How bout people try EXPLAINING why they think an episode should be deleted...

Batmanfan90

[54]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 7
    I'd erase All Singing, All Dancing because it's just a bunch of song clips and the family singing, even Snake sings in when he jumps in with a shotgun, and quite possibly the only good scene is of Snake with a shotgun.

ozziefan

[55]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 30

Batmanfan90 wrote:
    I'd erase All Singing, All Dancing because it's just a bunch of song clips and the family singing, even Snake sings in when he jumps in with a shotgun, and quite possibly the only good scene is of Snake with a shotgun.

yeah I don't like it either - apart from the Paint Your Wagon bit at the start.

profegadd1

[56]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 3
    I think they're all great. They're all funny and I still love the new episodes...except for one episode. One terrible episode that it doesn't deserve to be seen on the face of Earth again. I am referring to....... Moanin Lisa. This was one of the first episodes ever made and it was the most depressing, unfunny and jokeless episode ever made. It;s the only episode that I will not watch.

rdenton85

[57]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 6
    profegadd1 wrote:
    I think they're all great. They're all funny and I still love the new episodes...except for one episode. One terrible episode that it doesn't deserve to be seen on the face of Earth again. I am referring to....... Moanin Lisa. This was one of the first episodes ever made and it was the most depressing, unfunny and jokeless episode ever made. It;s the only episode that I will not watch.

Moaning Lisa aint the best episode of Season 1 but there are a few good bits that improve the episode.

1st, when there are only 2 cupcakes for Homer, Bart and Lisa.
    Bart: "Well mom, I think we all know someone who's scoffed down more than enough cupcakes in the last few decades>"

Great line. Seeing family members taking the mick out of each other is always great stuff.

The boxing bit where Homer dreams that Bart kills him in the ring is brilliant, especially when Homer lets out that really long scream that is longer and (to me) funnier than most Homer screams. Possibly the 1st Homer scream too.

Although I'm not very fond of the new episodes, I'd say that the one that really stands out to me as not being worthy at all is the one where Snowball dies and its 3 replacements are killed. The bit where Snowball is run over is fine as it's actually quite sad but the episode loses any sense of emotional balance and respect when the 3 replacements die constantly. It's not good and a poor attempt at humour. The ending where Lisa decides to act like nothing ever happened is very poor and worse than when Skinner is revealed to be a fraud (hey that is referenced here too). Even the Snowball look-alike's appearance is just confusing and should have been avoided. I'm sorry but that is easily the worse episode and definitely one I'd remove from the history books.

jimbo_001

[58]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 56

rdenton85 wrote:
    profegadd1 wrote:
    Moaning Lisa aint the best episode of Season 1 but there are a few good bits that improve the episode. 1st, when there are only 2 cupcakes for Homer, Bart and Lisa. Bart: "Well mom, I think we all know someone who's scoffed down more than enough cupcakes in the last few decades>" Great line. Seeing family members taking the mick out of each other is always great stuff. The boxing bit where Homer dreams that Bart kills him in the ring is brilliant, especially when Homer lets out that really long scream that is longer and (to me) funnier than most Homer screams. Possibly the 1st Homer scream too. Although I'm not very fond of the new episodes, I'd say that the one that really stands out to me as not being worthy at all is the one where Snowball dies and its 3 replacements are killed. The bit where Snowball is run over is fine as it's actually quite sad but the episode loses any sense of emotional balance and respect when the 3 replacements die constantly. It's not good and a poor attempt at humour. The ending where Lisa decides to act like nothing ever happened is very poor and worse than when Skinner is revealed to be a fraud (hey that is referenced here too). Even the Snowball look-alike's appearance is just confusing and should have been avoided. I'm sorry but that is easily the worse episode and definitely one I'd remove from the history books.

But that's the episode with Homer as a robot which I found pretty funny. The cat bit may not have been believable but I still found it entertaining.

cj4815162342

[59]Jun 14, 2006
    ozziefan wrote:
    schoolsucks2005 wrote:
    ozziefan wrote:
    ChrisoBisto wrote:
    Babi_angel wrote:
    ChrisoBisto wrote:
    The one when they all sang and they showed clips of the parts when the simpsons sang. That was BORING!!!!!

Yeah that was boring, I would erase that episode.

Good, Someone agree's with me! Thank you

I agree with you too, songs on the Simpsons are great! but episodes devoted to them are just cheesy!

Like that song that goes like this,

"He's guilty of mayhem, exposure, indencency"
    I think it said it was from 'The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson' I just don't like that song at all!

There are good songs too! I love "The Garbageman can" from 'Trash of the Titans'.

I love "Who needs the Kwik e Mart"!

agreed! i love that song!
    if i had to delete an episode..it would be..erm.. the principal and the pauper
    i just cant swallow it..

Gattokat

[60]Jun 14, 2006
    i like them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to