The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Ned 'N' Edna's Blend - Episode Discussion

Gatorsrule6

[1]May 14, 2012
    • level: 20

It was pretty funny overall. Homer did a nice job as Jesus, and Rod and Todd were done well. Ned was pretty well in character like he used to be. Not necessarily extremist Christian because he did allow the boys to TRY a new school and a couple of new things. Interesting set up for the rest of Ned and Edna's character development for the rest of the series.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]May 14, 2012
    • level: 22
    I thought it was wrong for Homer to play Jesus, considering he doesn't even follow the Bible. Ned got cheated!

thundercat2000

[3]May 14, 2012
    • level: 17

Ned should have been Jesus.

ZoneHero

[4]May 14, 2012
    • level: 19
    Anybody else bored with the Christian jokes, if not annoyed? What are the writer's problem with religion. Every time they bring up it, they do it awkwardly and make cheap shots, like that "Mythbuster" opening, saying they prove everything except Christian, and always make the religious people be in the wrong... it's not like they have some sense of individuality and act differently from the masses. I hate how they portrayed religious schools too, I attended a Catholic grade school as well as a Catholic college, and we went into full details of science and even in great details of human evolution. So yeah, the whole deal of religion and science in school is pretty much over-hyped and misconceived. Goes to show that "mainstream" media doesn't portray real life accurately; but what do you expect when they made huge events of Anna Nicole Smith's death or Michael Jackson's trials.

Hey, at least Ned is starting to be likeable again. Those writers made his dead wife an excuse to make more of a jerk, because being the only decent person in an entire town of jerks maybe been too much for them; not to mention just because the news allow religious nuts be on the air, everyone thinks that any religious activist are just as stupid or crazy, they should make Flanders like that.... sorry, it's just so frustrating to see a character that's been around for years be bastardize for "today's audience" or what a writers think is hip now.... sorry, I ranted again... it's just... Ned Flanders is a dorky religious nerd who is an all around nice guy that is contradict how bad Homer is, anyway to portray him from that is just wrong, in my opinion...

Now if the writers of the show now just do something with their more hated character.... Skinner.... if Milhouse's parents can come back together, that makes Skinner the biggest loser of the show... even though he is a bad@$$ (as Bart would call him "A non-giving up, SCHOOL GUY!"). Remember how the show started, he took on Disney goons... and WON?!? I want to see more of THAT Skinner. They had him stand up to Chalmers, but that's one scene... how about doing it to his mother or something?

danharr

[5]May 14, 2012
    • level: 45

It was funny and contrary to the poster before me. I think they were easy on religion this time around bearing in mind it's the Simpsons so yeah and over the top joke or two will happen.

ZoneHero

[6]May 15, 2012
    • level: 19
    I guess I did over react a bit... it's getting hard to tell if these guys are being serious with the characters or not, kinda abit like Family Guy...

thundercat2000

[7]May 19, 2012
    • level: 17

I wished that Edna would continue to give Ned more backbone. She did last season and he got all his stuff back. That was funny when his garage was full and a second later it was empty. A tumble weed came by and Ned took that too. Ned doesn't need to take anymore of Homers' B.S.

quintex96

[8]May 20, 2012
    • level: 9
    I liked this episode well enough and I thought the religious jokes were pretty funny, thought that's probably because I was forced to got to church until I was 18 and I didn't like it one bit, so I laugh at pretty much anything that makes fun of religion, no matter how over the top it is. I wouldn't it too seriously myself, I think they're exaggerating for the sake of humor.

antdude

[9]May 20, 2012
    • level: 28
    I did not like this episode as a Christian.