The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Season 22 Information & Discussion Thread

simpspin

[41]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 11
    RugratsFan1990 wrote:

mannie319 wrote:
    They have a new upcoming title, "Elementary School Musical". And I wonder what that will be about.

Oh just what the show needs, a High School Musical style episode. Why not, the whole franchise is spreading all over the world, and the greedy execs from Disney are making money off that crappy musical. What has our generation come to?

Disney really doesn't have any input on this. It's greedy Simpsons executives who are spreading bad pop-culture rip offs around the world.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RugratsFan1990

[42]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 3
    simpspin wrote:
    RugratsFan1990 wrote:

mannie319 wrote:
    They have a new upcoming title, "Elementary School Musical". And I wonder what that will be about.

Oh just what the show needs, a High School Musical style episode. Why not, the whole franchise is spreading all over the world, and the greedy execs from Disney are making money off that crappy musical. What has our generation come to?

Disney really doesn't have any input on this. It's greedy Simpsons executives who are spreading bad pop-culture rip offs around the world.

Actually, I was pretty much refurring to the High School Musical franchise speading in general. But as for the Simpsons executives spreading bad pop culture references, agreed. I just saw the clip that used a song from Ke$ha as the show's opening, and it was f'kin disgraceful.

calum27

[43]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 4
    The episode will be dreadful. Do they actually think fans like this crap?

simpspin

[44]Jun 12, 2010
    calum27 wrote:
    The episode will be dreadful. Do they actually think fans like this crap?

Sadly, there are too many 'fans' who'll get a craving to buy Homer Simpson key chains after watching the characters act like idiots.

While it isn't really an issue in the US, tell all your European and Asian friends to quit buying Simpsons crap and the show/commercial will end sooner.

T7F

[45]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 7

Here is what we know: This could be the final season ever. Here is a link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/27/the-simpsons-renewed-thro_n_170462.html

calum27

[46]Jul 8, 2010

I doubt this will be the last ever. Fox still make big profits form it. I would be happy though as by season 23 they would be even more run down. Most people just want 500 episodes

Edited on 07/08/2010 11:34am

T7F

[47]Jul 13, 2010

calum27 wrote:

I doubt this will be the last ever. Fox still make big profits form it. I would be happy though as by season 23 they would be even more run down. Most people just want 500 episodes

this will bring the total to 493 i think so it is possible this could be the end usually Fox renews them by now and still no word yet.

orchardpark

[48]Jul 13, 2010
    • level: 13
    They haven't renewed it because the execs are still sleeping from the episodes last season.

T7F

[49]Jul 14, 2010

orchardpark wrote:
    They haven't renewed it because the execs are still sleeping from the episodes last season.

could this really be the last season?

calum27

[50]Jul 15, 2010
    I really doubt this will be the last season.

Russel brand is to guest star in an episode. I hate that guy.

T7F

[51]Jul 21, 2010

calum27 wrote:
    I really doubt this will be the last season. Russel brand is to guest star in an episode. I hate that guy.

still no renewal

merlinrules09

[52]Jul 24, 2010

The last time they renewed The Simpsons it was the start of last year but this is nearly the end of this year... Hopefully they'll announce a renewal soon, though.

doguineta

[53]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 20
    Hey! Update from this spanish site: http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/07/22/television/1279810575.html

Mark Zuckerberg will guest star in an episode were Lisa helps Nelson finance a bike company, and when the 2 go to a business man conference, they meet Zuckerberg and he gives the 2 advice.

And there are rumors were Mark ends up stealing Lisa and Nelson's ideason the same article.

CommentS?

simpspin

[54]Jul 24, 2010
    merlinrules09 wrote:

The last time they renewed The Simpsons it was the start of last year but this is nearly the end of this year... Hopefully they'll announce a renewal soon, though.

"sigh"

I wish I could go to the comic-con and ask the Simpsons Panel this in a dull-as-dishwater tone of voice:

"Al Jean and the fellow writers. Your show has the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

startug

[55]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 23
    I'd go there and ask this to Matt Groening: "Matt, do you ever plan to put The Simpsons into the grave of legends, and possibly just stick to Futurama and make a 3rd show?

StewieZim101

[56]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 16

Two thoughts: Homer the Father is either going to be about

A) Homer being a crappy dad
    B) Homer becoming a preacher.

Edited on 07/30/2010 1:32pm

doguineta

[57]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 20

more recent stuff:

Sunday, Sept. 26 8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT THE SIMPSONS (Season Premiere) 8:30

* (Homer the Father, presumably) Paul Rudd (I Love You, Man), will grace a different episode to be broadcast early next year. After a humiliating JumboTron incident involving Bart, Homer is sent to a "fathering enrichment class" run by Rudd's Dr. Zander, a therapist who's horrified to learn that Homer has a habit of throttling Bart. "For 20 years we've shown Homer strangling Bart and we've never had anybody go, 'Oh, that's horrible!'" says Jean. "So Paul Rudd goes, 'That's terrible!' and he tries to cure him." Also lending a hand-or two: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Jean adds that the NBA legend "puts on a Homer wig and then starts strangling Homer to show him how it feels."

*The town of Springfield will be greeted by the animated likenesses of our favorite "Glee" club.

* Cheech and Chong will get The Simpsons treatment on the show's upcoming season: Homer, being a big fan of the comedy team, joins Cheech in a new duo called Cheech and Chunky, while Chong pairs up with a Springfield teacher for Teach and Chong. "Homer thinks Cheech is the party animal, like his character, but soon finds out that the real Cheech is quite a bore," says Chong. "Eventually, the two teams end up on the same bill and argue over who should go on first."

* Jon Hamm will guest star as an FBI agent in "Donnie Fatso" as Homer goes undercover to infiltrate Fat Tony's mob. Joe Mantegna will return as Fat Tony and the episode will air in December. Jean states Hamm's character 'can't stand Homer'.

* In an episode titled, "Flaming Moe", (not to be confused with "Flaming Moe's") Moe Szyslak and Waylon Smithers turn Moe's tavern into an ultra-trendy gay bar. Meanwhile, Principal Skinner tries to date the substitute music teacher and sets her daughter (voiced by Alyson Hannigan) up with Bart.

* Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is set to guest star in "Loan-A-Lisa" in which Lisa helps Nelson's bike company by funding it and meet Zuckerberg at an entrepreneurs convention.

*Halle Berry is set to guest star in an episode in which she presents an award to Homer and Bart for their animated short film titled, Angry Dad (which appeared in "I Am Furious Yellow" in season 13). Executive producer Al Jean said it is "a bit of a satire of the different Oscar acceptances where two people clearly race to the stage to get there first, and Homer and Bart are fighting to be the one that accepts." The episode is scheduled to air in early 2011.

* "Treehouse of Horror XXI", to air in 2010 as part of season 22, will feature segmments there will be an Office parody and another segment in which toys come to life.

*2 more episode titles: "The Fool Monty" and "How Munched is that Birdie in the Window?"

Comments?

orchardpark

[58]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 13
    Last year had some interesting premises and terrible results. I'm seeing terrible premises this time around, so I'm hoping for some interesting results.

:
    * (Homer the Father, presumably) Paul Rudd (I Love You, Man), will grace a different episode to be broadcast early next year. After a humiliating JumboTron incident involving Bart, Homer is sent to a "fathering enrichment class" run by Rudd's Dr. Zander, a therapist who's horrified to learn that Homer has a habit of throttling Bart. "For 20 years we've shown Homer strangling Bart and we've never had anybody go, 'Oh, that's horrible!'" says Jean. "So Paul Rudd goes, 'That's terrible!' and he tries to cure him." Also lending a hand-or two: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Jean adds that the NBA legend "puts on a Homer wig and then starts strangling Homer to show him how it feels."

Addressing the strangling I suppose isn't bad, but that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar thing sounds awful. You know it's a problem when they're talking about specific gags to summarize the episode.

:
    *The town of Springfield will be greeted by the animated likenesses of our favorite "Glee" club.

Any words needed?

[quoute]* Cheech and Chong will get The Simpsons treatment on the show's upcoming season: Homer, being a big fan of the comedy team, joins Cheech in a new duo called Cheech and Chunky, while Chong pairs up with a Springfield teacher for Teach and Chong. "Homer thinks Cheech is the party animal, like his character, but soon finds out that the real Cheech is quite a bore," says Chong. "Eventually, the two teams end up on the same bill and argue over who should go on first."[/quote]
    I'm not opposed to the idea of Cheech and Chong in some capacity, but Teach and Chong? Really?

:
    * Jon Hamm will guest star as an FBI agent in "Donnie Fatso" as Homer goes undercover to infiltrate Fat Tony's mob. Joe Mantegna will return as Fat Tony and the episode will air in December. Jean states Hamm's character 'can't stand Homer'.

Fat Tony vs the FBI, okay. Homer, not okay.

:
    * In an episode titled, "Flaming Moe", (not to be confused with "Flaming Moe's") Moe Szyslak and Waylon Smithers turn Moe's tavern into an ultra-trendy gay bar. Meanwhile, Principal Skinner tries to date the substitute music teacher and sets her daughter (voiced by Alyson Hannigan) up with Bart.

A-story, enough said. Ultra trendy is a great way to decribe what the Simpsons are trying to be with some of these stories. B-story, anotehr girlfriend for Bart.

:
    * Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is set to guest star in "Loan-A-Lisa" in which Lisa helps Nelson's bike company by funding it and meet Zuckerberg at an entrepreneurs convention.

I suspect a bike company story wouldn't have happened in the show's first eight seasons.

:
    *Halle Berry is set to guest star in an episode in which she presents an award to Homer and Bart for their animated short film titled, Angry Dad (which appeared in "I Am Furious Yellow" in season 13). Executive producer Al Jean said it is "a bit of a satire of the different Oscar acceptances where two people clearly race to the stage to get there first, and Homer and Bart are fighting to be the one that accepts." The episode is scheduled to air in early 2011.

Hopefully that's not the plot, because there's no plot to speak of. If they actually show a clip from I Am Furious Yellow, it'll probably be the highlight of the season.

:
    * "Treehouse of Horror XXI", to air in 2010 as part of season 22, will feature segmments there will be an Office parody and another segment in which toys come to life.

And a Twilight segment. How is an Office parody horror anyways?

calum27

[59]Aug 1, 2010
    All the plots sound terrible. Especially "Flaming Moe".

simpspin

[60]Aug 1, 2010
    Season 22 is the season I officially watch the show just to see how much of a trainwreck it becomes.