The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Season 22 Information & Discussion Thread

calum27

[101]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 4
    yea whats up with the first 3 being about lisa? wtf
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[102]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 22
    I think Matt could've done a little better than have the cast of Glee on the season premiere.

orchardpark

[103]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 13
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    I think Matt could've done a little better than have the cast of Glee on the season premiere.

Since when is Matt ever responsible for making those decisions?

Raccoon1459

[104]Sep 25, 2010
    orchardpark wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:

You mean he's not? I always thought he was.

simpspin

[105]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 11
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    orchardpark wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:

Al Jean is the guilty guy in this. He has the final say in the production of the show and he is the Simpsons 'god' at the moment. The Run on jokes, the grade-school attempted satire, the vomit-inducing guest stars and crossovers and all the bad puns are approved by him and are presented to you in all their sterile, HD (yawn) Glory.

All Groening does these days is show up for table script readings and get his picture taken a publicity events. Groening is also the guy behind the merchandising of the Simpsons.

Gatorsrule6

[106]Nov 12, 2010
    • level: 20

simpspin wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    orchardpark wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Al Jean is the guilty guy in this. He has the final say in the production of the show and he is the Simpsons 'god' at the moment. The Run on jokes, the grade-school attempted satire, the vomit-inducing guest stars and crossovers and all the bad puns are approved by him and are presented to you in all their sterile, HD (yawn) Glory. All Groening does these days is show up for table script readings and get his picture taken a publicity events. Groening is also the guy behind the merchandising of the Simpsons.

I must ask Simpspin. How do you know all this stuff? How do you know exactly what everyone is doing? Unless you work there, how do you know when Matt shows up, what he does, where he does it? Out of curiosity.

bry456

[107]Nov 23, 2010
    • level: 19

Gatorsrule6 wrote:

simpspin wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    orchardpark wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Al Jean is the guilty guy in this. He has the final say in the production of the show and he is the Simpsons 'god' at the moment. The Run on jokes, the grade-school attempted satire, the vomit-inducing guest stars and crossovers and all the bad puns are approved by him and are presented to you in all their sterile, HD (yawn) Glory. All Groening does these days is show up for table script readings and get his picture taken a publicity events. Groening is also the guy behind the merchandising of the Simpsons.

I must ask Simpspin. How do you know all this stuff? How do you know exactly what everyone is doing? Unless you work there, how do you know when Matt shows up, what he does, where he does it? Out of curiosity.

Not Simpspin, but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_runner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons

Al Jean has been the showrunner (exec. producer and person in charge of all production duties) since season 13. Matt Groening hasn't had production duties since about season 2.

Since the Simpsons is his show, Matt's name still appears in the credits, along with Sam Simon (who left the show in 1993 over disagreements) and James L. Brooks (all three are the original creators of the show)

Edited on 11/23/2010 9:19am
    Edited 2 total times.

hurricaneguy

[108]Jan 23, 2011
    After watching the show for almost 9 full years I'm done. I just can't take it anymore, the new episodes are just garbage. Sad that this once great show has been dragged through the mud just to squeeze every ounce of profit out of it at the sacrifice of content. I've tried to get through this season. Season 21 was bad but this has just gotten out of control. Maybe I'll take a few years off and someday this show will end and when it does I may tune back in just to see how it all works out. Funny I never pictured I would ever feel this way about the Simpsons. When I started watching it in 8th grade I never thought it would make it past my high school graduation before finally coming to an end. Now I'm almost done with college and instead of it ended I'm choosing too. The Simpsons at one time was by far my favorite show on TV and now I never watch it anymore. I speak not only for myself but other long time fans when I say Thanks FOX for ruining this one.

Nat6386

[109]Mar 6, 2011
    • level: 14
    I love this show, so much, but sooner or later its gotta end right?? I mean its been going on for ages.... Anyone have any theories re when this will end?? or has it been announced already?

Gatorsrule6

[110]Apr 6, 2011

simpspin wrote:

Pretty much and I'm basing my views on every episode that's aired during the Jean era, not to mention Al Jean even mentioned he's scared to make fun of things, namely Dubya, as he said: "It would offend too many people." Similarly, the show has not given me any examples it can properly satire anything in years. Yeah, the show is good for a cheap laugh, but the Simpsons was supposed to something more than a cheap laugh and saying it's great just because it has a popular name is actually saying very little.

This quote by Al Jean disheartened me. I first read about it a couple of years ago and it kind of made me sad. I mean, that's what this show used to be all about. They made fun of everything and weren't scared to, now they are? It doesn't make any sense. Seriously, if he's going to admit that, then he needs to step away from the show, or they need to end it. I don't want it to end but at the same time, if they are too scared to make fun of things, basically intentionally limiting themselves on jokes and possibly throwing away great jokes that we'll never hear, then it's game over.

Gatorsrule6

[111]Apr 6, 2011

CapnCrane wrote:

Precisely, and in my opinion at least, it says a lot. There was a time when the Simpsons didn't need to cross-promote other shows to gain viewers. It was the Simpsons; it gained viewers by itself. Now it seems to be relying an awful lot on pointless guest stars and crossovers.

simpspin wrote:
    Thanks. I'm getting bored with these fans of the current show who think the Simpsons cast is just a way to rewallpaper whatever's trendy in current pop culture with ugly characters. This violates an unwritten rule in great tv shows: "An awesome TV show generates its own cool. A wannabe cool show imitates pop culture."

Simpspin seemed to know someone would say what CapnCrane said. (Simpspins post actually occurred before what CapnCrane said, but I didn't format the quotes well enough.)

Edited on 04/05/2011 11:12pm

Gatorsrule6

[112]May 20, 2011

I can't find the General FAQ thread so....Okay. Cesar and Ugolin, the two French guys who The Crepes of Wrath episode...weren't they in a recent episode? Like from season 18, 19, 20, 21 or even 22? Not as a speaking role, but as just a cameo for a quick scene. Maybe I am thinking of The Simpsons Movie, but I thought there was a recent episode they were shown for only a couple of seconds. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Raccoon1459

[113]May 23, 2011
    Overall, this has been a decent season. I thought that 500 Keys was the best episode.

thundercat2000

[114]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 17

This wasn't a bad season. Not great but it had its' moments.

Kennymacdougall

[115]Jun 23, 2011

Hi,

In "Moe Letter Blues", what is the name of the Indian song Apu plays on the radio in the car? Does anyone know the title? I remember it from my childhood.

Qwerty9989

[116]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 1

Check out our animation and cartoon trivia, polls, articles and hilarious pictures and videos on the "CartoonH2H" facebook page! You can also follow us on twitter @CartoonH2H!

makemeyellow

[117]Oct 30, 2013

I'm a huge Simpson Fan; in fact I make my living making Simpson Portraits. Just in case anybody is interested.

Here is my website:

http://MakeMeYellow.com

Create Your Own Simpson Character

Edited on 10/30/2013 9:16pm
    Edited 4 total times.

makemeyellow

[118]Oct 30, 2013

http://makemeyellow.com/

Raccoon1459

[119]Nov 4, 2013
    Alright, dude, we get it!

Gatorsrule6

[120]Nov 4, 2013

I'm not sure if the mods are doing their jobs here. This is a season 22 information and discussion thread. We are in season 25. Someone make a new one? I tried the last two seasons but no one will make it stick.