The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Simpsons vs. Family Guy vs. South Park

dcap007

[1]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 3

Now I know all of you have seen all of these shows before. Honestly, which one is the best? Personally, South Park makes me laugh the most but the Simpsons is classic and Family Guy's first two season were great. Does anyone have a definitive answer for this question?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mitu123

[2]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 14
    And yet we have another forum that's been done before...
    There was a contest(on someone's profile) about this and South Park won.
    Edited on 02/28/2007 3:31pm

sienna_luvs_tv

[3]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 13
    ^ It was omaritoto's profile that the contest was on.

mitu123

[4]Mar 1, 2007
    sienna_luvs_tv wrote:
    ^ It was omaritoto's profile that the contest was on.
    Oh yeah, now I remember.

21chewbakka21

[5]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 19

I made a similar topic at south park forum...

but here is my opinion: South Park is the coolest, Simpsons is the most intelligent, and Family Guy suxxxxx (I only watched the first two seasons, but i think its way too unoriginal).

seinfeld111690

[6]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 25
    Congratulations you are the 100th person to make this topic

roscopicosound

[7]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    i like the family guy, however it kinda bugs me when they steal simpsons jokes. like bringing up the movie tron for example.

benderfan7

[8]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 6
    i missed the other 10 times so i will answer this one. forgetting the fact that they are all animated and comidies they dont really have much in common. the simpsons is the best thats why its been on longer than most people who post on tv.com have been alive but u are comparing oranges to lemons to grapefruits all good but different.

Tommorichards

[9]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 5

I reckon he's right. Its like comparing new york to amsterdam to mexico. Nothing in With the topic, but bwahey.

I rekon south park is kl, then family guy, and i suppose simpsons writers must be on drugs or summat to be able to keep writing new episodes.

Also, i have to get this out... The BEST episode i have ever seen of the simpsons was "Girls just want to have sums" It made me laugh so much!!!!!!!1

RoboAmish

[10]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 18
    roscopicosound wrote:
    i like the family guy, however it kinda bugs me when they steal simpsons jokes. like bringing up the movie tron for example.

Er Tron jokes have been done in countless shows, it's part of popular culture. They didn't steal it from The Simpsons

colin01

[11]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    RoboAmish wrote:
    roscopicosound wrote:

Er Tron jokes have been done in countless shows, it's part of popular culture. They didn't steal it from The Simpsons

Here here, just 'cos Simpsons was first don't make it the best. Family Guy and Simpsons are similar in many ways, but can't we just be glad there's at least two decent cartoons making us smile on a regular basis.

BTW - Family Guy rules.

somethinghidden

[12]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    This is a DISGUSTING thread topic, however, I feel inclined to respond. Is there really any way to compare the triumvirate??? No, there is not. Yes, two of the shows seem to have the same premise, but overall they're all different. Down to the humor, the writing and the animation. I happen to love all of them, so I really can't compare.

WittyName

[13]Mar 5, 2007
    The Simpsons is actually trying to compete with Family Guy these days, it seems. Random humour, 2D characters, etc. If they were more confident and stood direction and didn't change the Bart character because he "couldn't compete with the South Park kids" and didn't change the format of the show to be a kids' version of Family Guy (with racist jokes and innuendo, of course), I could see where the "they aren't the same type of show" arguments come from.

Alas, The Simpsons has lost its identity, so I must say it is the weakest of the three shows. I don't watch South Park, but it is comfortable with its sense of humour, and has a good feel for its characters. Family Guy manages to do the random humour well, and it's got some sharp observations about pop-culture. As far as characterisation goes, South Park takes the cake; as far as relevence goes, I'm going to have to go South Park again; Family Guy is just flat out the funniest show these days, though.

It's live action sitcoms like Scrubs and The Office which are leading the way, though.

targetman

[14]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 2
    Every time I see this I just got to answer.

Family guy just isnt the same kind of show than the simpsons. Maybe the first two seasons were kinda like simpsons but it cant be compared anymore.

Family guy is the funniest, if you are into their kind of humor. If not, I guess you will prefer simpsons, even today.

But dont get me wrong, NOTHING can beat the simpsons Season 1-10. Right now, it just should not try to compete with south park or Family Guy.

tanlaff

[15]Mar 11, 2007
    i HATE south park sooo much!!

mitu123

[16]Mar 11, 2007
    Why is this forum still active?

VidGamesRok

[17]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    In my opinion, it goes like this:

3. Family Guy-Because it is sooo stupid. It is funny but it's the biggest rip-off of the Simpsons since Family Guy.
    2. The Simpsons- Because it is a timeless show and will stand as a testament to American history forever.
    1.South Park- In terms of comedy, I probably would have put Family Guy, but in terms of quality, South Park takes the cake.

Edited on 03/11/2007 4:17pm

sophistiquated

[18]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 11
    *yawn* So overdone.

The Simpsons > South Park > Family Guy

The Simpsons - It is (usually) a smart show about an average American family's life. Seasons 1-9 were TV gold, and although most episodes now are mediocre at best, they still make good ones sometimes.

South Park - The smartest stupid show ever.

Family Guy - Stupid for the sake of being stupid. I used to like it, but since it got 'resurrected,' it hasn't been very good. Season 4 was about 1/2 mediocre, 1/4 bad, and 1/4 good, but this season is mostly bad. Now the stupid flashbacks/clips/references are getting old.
    Edited on 03/11/2007 11:30pm

arctattoo

[19]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 8
    I don't know if it is possible to compare the three shows. For one thing Family Guy and The Simpsons are both about familys. Where as South Park is about four friends and their familys. Plus the Simpsons seems like it caters more for kids and family where as the other two shows are for a more mature audience.

priest17

[20]Mar 12, 2007
    21chewbakka21 wrote:

I made a similar topic at south park forum...

but here is my opinion: South Park is the coolest, Simpsons is the most intelligent, and Family Guy suxxxxx (I only watched the first two seasons, but i think its way too unoriginal).

its the other way round. South Park is pretty intelligent, well not the first few seasons, but lately they have done some pretty mature topics.