The Simpsons Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Stop hating Lisa Simpson!

  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [1]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 10,973

    It has come to my attention that some fans of this show have considered Lisa Simpson the Wesley of this show, due to her "character derailment". (see TV Tropes for details) So now I'm coming out and telling all of y'all who hate Lisa to stop hating her altogether just because of all of her traits that some fans consider to make her "annoying". Does anybody agree with me?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonah52

    jonah52

    [2]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 07/26/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 5

    why do people hate lisa simpson she is to me the best character on the show because she's smart and she sticks up for what she beleives in

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [3]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 10,973

    jonah52 wrote:


    why do people hate lisa simpson she is to me the best character on the show because she's smart and she sticks up for what she beleives in


    I'm glad that you agree!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lady_Lancaster

    Lady_Lancaster

    [4]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 05/27/09
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 3,152

    A lot of people dislike Lisa although I'm sure their reasons are all very different. I can see where people can find her very 'annoying' but it's also obvious that she has many good points that speak well for her character. Many fans have the same kind of dislike for Marge, apparently. I suppose,in the end, people will like or dislike whichever characters they choose, just as they do in all shows.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of simpspin

    simpspin

    [5]Nov 6, 2010
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,583
    The show used to appeal to the "Homers" and "Lisas" in society, but since the 9th season, the show has been a "Homer" show and the fans of the that style can't stand Lisa unless she's about to die.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of orchardpark

    orchardpark

    [6]Nov 6, 2010
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,295
    It`s not as simple as liking or hating a character. The Lisa from 1992 is completely different from the Lisa of 2010.

    The former was intelligent, impressionable, naive, strong-willed, and considerate.

    The latter is arrogant, hypocritical, annoying, mean-spirited, or boring.

    Much like Homer, Lisa went from being one of the most complex, well-written characters on the show to one of the most butchered.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TKnHappyNess

    TKnHappyNess

    [7]Nov 8, 2010
    • member since: 11/21/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,244

    I'm not sure if the other family members hate Lisa because she tries to force her beliefs on them, or that the writers turned her into the Simpsons version of Meg from Family Guy, with her being the butt of mostjokes.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [8]Nov 8, 2010
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,173

    She's not that bad of a character. People just need to get a life.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of justamonster

    justamonster

    [9]Nov 9, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 9

    i like Lisa, but i really donĀ“t care about the hate towards her.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ninininja1

    ninininja1

    [10]Nov 15, 2010
    • member since: 03/25/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 13

    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    It has come to my attention that some fans of this show have considered Lisa Simpson the Wesley of this show, due to her "character derailment". (see TV Tropes for details) So now I'm coming out and telling all of y'all who hate Lisa to stop hating her altogether just because of all of her traits that some fans consider to make her "annoying". Does anybody agree with me?



    Stop hating her because you dislike her,
    that is your counter argument?
    there is no legitimacy in an opposing view point?



    "Haters gonna hate"

    Make your argument when you have something concrete to support what you are saying.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [11]Dec 2, 2010
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 10,973

    ninininja1 wrote:


    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    It has come to my attention that some fans of this show have considered Lisa Simpson the Wesley of this show, due to her "character derailment". (see TV Tropes for details) So now I'm coming out and telling all of y'all who hate Lisa to stop hating her altogether just because of all of her traits that some fans consider to make her "annoying". Does anybody agree with me?



    Stop hating her because you dislike her,
    that is your counter argument?
    there is no legitimacy in an opposing view point?



    "Haters gonna hate"

    Make your argument when you have something concrete to support what you are saying.


    No, I mean, stop hating her because I think she's my favorite of the Simpsons.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Gaby8529

    Gaby8529

    [12]Dec 11, 2010
    • member since: 09/01/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 836
    Lisa has always been annoying. She was worst on the early simpsons specially in "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" and "Lisa Vs the 8th commandment" But as usual, Nostalgia glasses.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of simpspin

    simpspin

    [13]Dec 11, 2010
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,583
    Gaby8529 wrote:
    Lisa has always been annoying. She was worst on the early simpsons specially in "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" and "Lisa Vs the 8th commandment" But as usual, Nostalgia glasses.


    That sounds like something Lisa would say.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of orchardpark

    orchardpark

    [14]Dec 11, 2010
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,295
    Gaby8529 wrote:
    Lisa has always been annoying. She was worst on the early simpsons specially in "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" and "Lisa Vs the 8th commandment" But as usual, Nostalgia glasses.

    8th Commandment maybe because that seems more like a nagging Marge issue. However, she wasn't bitter in it. She was concerned about the ethical ramifications of the issue. Far more of a believable concern for the character that she was worried about that.

    I'm not sure what's so wrong about Mr. Lisa. Additionally, you've got plenty of episodes in those seasons with excellent portrayals of Lisa.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ChipsTheButler

    ChipsTheButler

    [15]Dec 21, 2010
    • member since: 11/24/10
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 866
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

    It has come to my attention that some fans of this show have considered Lisa Simpson the Wesley of this show, due to her "character derailment". (see TV Tropes for details) So now I'm coming out and telling all of y'all who hate Lisa to stop hating her altogether just because of all of her traits that some fans consider to make her "annoying". Does anybody agree with me?



    You're asking us to not dislike her based on her character and actions. So how exactly are we supposed to judge a character?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [16]Mar 20, 2011
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 10,973

    Gaby8529 wrote:
    Lisa has always been annoying. She was worst on the early simpsons specially in "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" and "Lisa Vs the 8th commandment" But as usual, Nostalgia glasses.
    You are 100% wrong.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [17]Mar 20, 2011
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 10,973

    ChipsTheButler wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:


    It has come to my attention that some fans of this show have considered Lisa Simpson the Wesley of this show, due to her "character derailment". (see TV Tropes for details) So now I'm coming out and telling all of y'all who hate Lisa to stop hating her altogether just because of all of her traits that some fans consider to make her "annoying". Does anybody agree with me?


    You're asking us to not dislike her based on her character and actions. So how exactly are we supposed to judge a character?
    Maybe learning how you can relate to her.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ChipsTheButler

    ChipsTheButler

    [18]Mar 26, 2011
    • member since: 11/24/10
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 866
    ...and you do that by ignoring what she does how?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonah522

    jonah522

    [19]Apr 21, 2011
    • member since: 01/30/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 3

    totally disagree with you

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Gatorsrule6

    Gatorsrule6

    [20]May 14, 2011
    • member since: 05/21/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 442

    I never cared either way for her. She's more boring than anything. Her older episodes may have raised decent questions or topics, but humor lacks more when she's the focus in my opinion. That's about the only thing negative. Otherwise, she's neutral.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.