Worst Season

PseudoRhodan

[21]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    jimbo_001 wrote:
    PseudoRhodan wrote:
    Season 11

what? even behind the laughter?

No, even in 11 were the good ones (Behind the laughter being one of them) but overall this was the worst season of the worst show´s period and it almost buried OFF (well some probably think it did but I´am still not going to curse Al Jean).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

smoke_circle

[22]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 5
    you guys are all crazy the worst season is like season 9 (199 so boring. troy maclure died so...it sucks now i dont like them anymore, they need to stop the show. absolutely no offence to any simpsons lover, as i am too.

tvtome_xena321

[23]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 27
    Batmanfan90 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    none really, though you get bad episodes every season really.

But season 12 I guess, since I hated more episodes that season than any other season. Here its about 7 episodes.

Might I ask which ones?

Okay I'll say the 7 that are good:

A Tale Of Two Springfields (12-2)
    Homer vs. Dignity (12-5)
    The Computer Wore Menace Shoes (12-6)
    HOMR (12-9)
    Hungry Hungry Homer (12-15)
    Day Of The Jackanapes (12-13)
    Trilogy Of Error (12-1

ozziefan

[24]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 30
    smoke_circle wrote:
    you guys are all crazy the worst season is like season 9 (199 so boring. troy maclure died so...it sucks now i dont like them anymore, they need to stop the show. absolutely no offence to any simpsons lover, as i am too.

i know you said no offense, but Season 9 is easily my favourite! I can see your a big fan of Troy McClure, but hes hardly the centre of the show.

jimbo_001

[25]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 56
    smoke_circle wrote:

troy didn't die (and neither did lionel hutz), it was the voice of those characters and it can't be their fault. i liked lionel hutz (one of my fave characters) but i still love the show without the character.

spongegab13

[26]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 33
    Season 14

MiLo-Raven

[27]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 26
    I loved all of them...

schoolsucks2005

[28]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    smoke_circle wrote:

I liked season 9. It's season 15 which is my worst season!

Why is it that everyone is saying "the show needs to stop" or "its been going on for too long" etc. I know it has had its ups and its downs, but I'm a bit fed up of everyone repeating that they're going downhill!
    But its ok! I liked Troy Mc.Clure too. They always kill off the good characters!

Batmanfan90

[29]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 7
    I think seasons 12 and 14 are probably the worst, although I love season 12's Simpsons Tall Tales.

KingBroly

[30]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    I thought Behind the Laughter was absolutely genius! Some of my most favorite quotes were in that episode:

Homer:
    "Let me set the record straight... I thought, the cop, was a prostitute." Nods Head
    "Everyday I thought about firing Marge. You know, just to shake things up"

Mike4815162342

[31]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 8
    I dont understand how you guys cant agree that the current season isnt the worst one yet, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the number of funny jokes in the current season could be counted on one hand.
    I really hated Bonfire of the manatees, I thought that it might be the worst episode of all except for the scene at the end with Burns and Smithers, which I'll admit had me laughing hard because it was a funny and an original joke unlike much of what we see these days

Batmanfan90

[32]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 7
    I can't say I liked Bonfire of the Manatees that much, it was a rather pointless episode, and the Manatees were rather irrelevant to the plot. And the fact that Homer was letting them shoot a p**** in his house is just not Homer.

PerfectDark0Fan

[33]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 18
    I would have to go with Season 15; it could of had better episodes.

gloobadude

[34]Jan 29, 2006
    Well, season 1 (Because of shortage of episodes, 13) and mabye season 8 (because of all singing all dancing). But those are very little reasons.

jimbo_001

[35]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 56
    gloobadude wrote:
    Well, season 1 (Because of shortage of episodes, 13) and mabye season 8 (because of all singing all dancing). But those are very little reasons.

all singing all dancing was in season 9
    Edited on 01/29/2006 3:39pm

robwest

[36]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 4
    i say the most recent seasons have been the worst. they air the same previous four seasons and the same episodes over and over again. those season had a lot of unfunny jokes. the single digit season were the better seasons by far. i want to see some of the timeless classics again instead of watching them on dvd.

gloobadude

[37]Feb 1, 2006
    jimbo_001 wrote:
    gloobadude wrote:

all singing all dancing was in season 9
    WHoops, my mistake. Then Season 9 and 1.

Omi_Clock

[38]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    Well Season 1 cos some of the episodes just plain sucked, and many of the seasons 13+ because they have begun to use stupid plots and the whole show is advertised as The Simpsons meeting some celebrity or something but really it has nothing to do with the episode. For example, the episode where Bart met 50cent, it was advertised as Bart finally meeting 50cent but he was only in it for like 5 seconds when he drove alongside Bart's car and congratulated him. That sucked! Not like I really wanted to see 50cent on The Simpsons anyway

whythehate101

[39]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 1
    I have to say that I still watch The Simpsons all the time (really it's still my favourite show) but when you compare the seasons 2-8 with anything before or after it's easy to see when The Simpsons was at its peak. I think that season 10 was when it started going down a slippery slope. It reached the bottom in season 12 with 'pokey mom' and and stayed there till about season 15 with a couple of good episodes here and there. Personally I think if you compare the simpsons now compared to then, it has got a lot better even if a few of the plots are rehashed. The last couple of episodes have been hilarious, particularly Homer's Paternity Coot ("who's mason fairbanks?")

simpspin

[40]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    I love Season 1, despite the 'advances' the show has taken in the animation and Homer's voice (which in the past five seasons) has gotten insufferably whiny. Whether that's due to horrid scripting, or just to Dan's voice changing as he ages, I don't know...

As for the worst seasons--10 through 12, easily. Even on watching the show only for jokes and disregarding all plot and character development, these three seasons still WERE NOT FUNNY. Hell, those season were so unfunny, they made not want to watch the greater seasons of the show.