The Simpsons

Four Regrettings and a Funeral

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 03, 2013 on FOX

• After attending a funeral, a few of Springfield's citizens, Homer and Marge among them, start to deeply regret certain events in their lives.

Who moved my desk?! Every so often it's terrific to see an episode that reminds me why I have been a fan of "The Simpsons" for its entire run. I was laughing so hard at this terrific episode that I almost fell off my chair. The laughs start right from the beginning and continue all the way up to the final scene. Liberal pundit Rachel Maddow was excitied as ever when she announced on her MSNBC show that she would make a guest appearance in this episode. I can see why. Her cameo was damn near perfect. Sharply written dialogue and some genuine laughs as well. She actually had a very good rapport with Kent Brockman which is just another reason why this episode scores a hit. The scene that takes place at the Fox News Studio is an all time classic. "The Simpsons" has taken numerous shots at Fox News, but the shot taken here was their best yet. In all fairness the shots taken at MSNBC and CNN were great also. Right on the money. This review would not be complete without mentioning the very touching tributes to Marcia Wallace during the opening montage and the closing credits. They were very fitting to a talented actress and comedian who gave life to one of "The Simpsons" greatest characters. Yet another reason why "Four Regrettings and a Funeral" is, at least up to this point, the best episode of season twenty-five.
  • Following the death of a friend,Homer,Marge,Kent Brockman and Mr Burns address the biggest regrets of their lives so far,and try to make up for these regrets

Four Regrettings and a Funeral is a brilliant Simpsons episode with a very well written storyline and a lot of very funny episode is also really emotional and sweet as we look back at some of the regrets some Simpsons characters have at the funeral of a good friend (who we have never met show also makes a nice mention of Edna Krabappel,in the opening when Bart writes "we'll really miss you Mrs K" on the blackboard,because her voice actress, Marcia Wallace, passed away recently last year,and after seeing this I'm guessing we won't be seeing Edna again (being played by a different voice actress),which upsets me as a longtime Simpsons fan,she has been a very important character throughout the twenty five seasons of the show,and she will definitely be Regrettings and a Funeral is a funny and emotional episode that deals very much with the subject of death and life regrets, but still manages very well to be humorous at the same time.
  • WORST. EPISODE. EVER

1.5
    Seriously, this is just plain B-A-D
  • Abysmal