The Simpsons

Gone Maggie Gone

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 15, 2009 on FOX

• It's alright but it's pretty odd if you ask me

Lisa infiltrates a convent in order to steal back Maggie who was accidentally taken in by nuns. While in the convent, Lisa uncovers a series of cryptic clues leading to a hidden jewel in Springfield. With help from resident history buffs Principal Skinner and Comic Book Guy, Lisa sets off to find the coveted prize. But Springfield's Freemasons are also hot on the trail of the jewel, and Lisa must race against them to find the jewel and rescue Maggie. I thought that this was a good episode of "The Simpsons". The storyline was... eh... entertaining. The main storyline doesn't catch your attention in the beginning but then it does catch your attention when Lisa tries to solve those clues to find Maggie and then it just loses your attention to the end.... not a bad storyline for the most part though. I did enjoy how Skinners and Comic Book Guy were on the search for the jewel as well. It's also very cool yet odd that Maggie is literally the jewel and brings peace to the world but I just don't like how the nuns worship Maggie and want to keep her just because of her being the jewel. I actually thought Lisa was the jewel at first but then it was quickly explained that Maggie was the jewel then I was like "oh okay". The episode also can be funny too but the most funniest part in this episode would probably have to be Homer using his arm to be Maggie and use his finger as Maggie's mouth, it was a little weird but hilarious moment. Also, good to see that Marge found Maggie and takes her home and it was very cute when Maggie took the bandage wrapped around Marge's eyes and smiles at here. I didn't really like the very ending of the episode with Bart bringing hell to the world instead of peace but his line "I am so staying past curfew" was kinda funny. Overall, a good/alright episode of "The Simpsons"... it was definitely not a bad episode but it's just odd and not really something I would expect. 7/10