The Simpsons

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 29, 2013 on FOX

• Homer Gives Up Meat? What A Switch!

This was a rather enjoyable episode, with Homer doing some rather unorthodox things such as eating vegetables instead of his favorite food, pork chops. I also made a still of Nelson Muntz's grave on my DVR as a reference point whenever I want to see this episode again--it could be a harbinger to a future episode in which Nelson gets a sex change. He would look great in a bikini. HAW HAW!
  • The twenty fifth season begins with Homer not quite himself which compels Lisa to take action.

Maybe it's because I am not a fan of "Homeland" but I found this episode to be very disappointing. There were no surprises at all in this episode. Who among us thought Homer had been turned into a terrorist? The climax was just as much a letdown as the episode itself. A few laughs along the way did not help save this very uninspired and dull episode. Well, "Treehouse of Horror" is next. Hopefully that will make up for this misfire.
  • Surprising

I'm amazed, the way simpsons has been going, I expected much less.

Congrats to The Simpsons for beating out both American Dad and Family Guy in opening episodes.

The "brainwashed Homer terrorist" thing was a little slow, but it worked.

By comparison to the most recent seasons, this is at least an 8.

Great job guys! Can't wait till Treehouse of Horror! Those are always my Fav.