The Simpsons

Homer's Enemy

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 04, 1997 on FOX

• Best episode of The Simpsons!

HOMER'S ENEMY

GRADE: A*

A new hard working employee named Frank Grimes goes insane after seeing success from Homer's stupidity. Grimes is pushed to the edge when Homer wins 1st prize on a children's contest, with everyone praising him except Grimes, quoting "This whole plant is insane, insane I tell you!"

In a terrifying (yet satisfying) conclusion, we see Grimes wander around the plant acting like Homer while others follow him continue on his rampage of insanity. As a last resort he grabs some electrical wires, which kills him instantly to prove a point to the workers that "Homer Simpson has the intelligence of a six year old".

He ultimatly fails and continues to be beaten by Homer at his funeral, by grabbing all the attention away from his coffin. While he is sleeping he says "Change The Channel Marge!" as it is being laid to rest underground and everyone laughs as Lenny ends the episode with "That's our Homer!" before finishing with the credits.

This is definatly one of the darkest and best written episodes of The Simpsons. The Bart and Milhouse subplot was decent as well. Best episode ever!