The Simpsons

Homer's Odyssey

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 21, 1990 on FOX

7.7
  • Stop crowd surfing and get back to work! Warning: Contains spoilers!

I have no clue why I don't remember much about watching this episode until I saw it. Maybe I do have a clue. Anyways, this episode is probably the best episode of the first season of the Simpsons. Although, the humor wasn't the best and this is one of those Simpsons episodes like most of the first season is.. without the idiot Homer, this still was a great episode to watch. I can't wait to see Homer develop more in to an idiot in the series as I'm watching.

I enjoyed this episode, and I found it hilarious. My favorite scene in this episode could be when Homer fell but fell onto a crowd who liked him.

In this episode, Homer gets fired from the nuclear plant as a technical supervisor or supervisor technical guy after an accident. After this, he attempts suicide until his family almost gets hit by a car. After this, he vows to have stop signs and others on the road. Soon, he realizes the biggest danger is the nuclear plant. But, he is taken in to work as a safety inspector, and he takes the job. The crowd of people who were with him seems to like his speech after he accepts the job, and they are with him.

This episode was very entertaining, and I enjoyed it.