The Simpsons

How I Wet Your Mother

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 11, 2012 on FOX

• hilarious

It was great! Not giving any spoilers away if you haven't seen it. Great episode though.
  • the simpsons how i wet your mother

this was another good episode i liked it when homer peed himself so much it went up to his shirt and i liked when they went back to the tracy uliman show i thought that bit was pretty good overall a good episode better than some of the episodes i saw this season and the ending made me laugh when the spinning top stopped spinning when homer and marge decieded to ride bikes naked
  • One of the better episodes of Season 23.

I liked this episode better than most of the others this season. The one-liners were actually funny and Homer's mother, Mona, 'comes back' if only in his dreams. It does follow 'Inception' better than I expected. I liked the ending where everything in Homer's dream was collapsing and he was trying to get out; especially since it mirrors the movie pretty well. Overall, I would recommend this episode for anyone wanting to watch Season 23.
  • The best episode I've seen this season! I'm not kidding. *Spoilers included*

Even if you've never seen "Inception" this is an episode you must see if you're a Simpsons fan. Scratch that..even if you're not a Simpsons fan..well, ok, never mind. I think I've made my point, but anyway, I'm seriously not kidding when I say this was the best episode I've seen this season! It had a great premise, or at least I think so, even though Inception parodies have been done on other shows. I loved the whole mystery aspect of it and how it left us on the edge of our seats wondering what was causing Homer to wet the bed. I also loved how we saw Homer's mother Mona again even after her death in season 19, and the brief scene with the old animation style was pretty awesome, too. As far as the humor goes, therre weren't a lot of parts that made me laugh, but the parts that did make me laugh made me laugh pretty hard, like Professor Frink's part throughout, especially his Adobe player joke, Death (who is really Mona) finding out Homer wets the bed, and the ending. So overall, this was by far the best episode of season 23 so far, and it may even be one of my new favorites! Grade: an A+, definitely. Marebear2009, out!

~dedicated to tigerdude22~
  • This "Inception" themed episode was awesome and funny..... I loved it!!! one of Season 23's best

Karma gets the best of Homer after he gets his friends in trouble, and as a result, his bedwetting problem worsens. The family goes on a mission to infiltrate his dreams to search for clues in his subconscious to determine the source of his problem. But just as things take a dangerous turn in the dream, a figure from Homer's past appears, and he is finally reassured that the fond memories of his mother Mona remain alive, giving him just the right amount of reassurance to cure him of his problem. When I saw that they were making an "Inception" themed episode of "The Simpsons", I was super excited about the episode and couldn't wait any longer. My expectations were very high for this one since I love the movie "Inception" so much. The "Inception" themed episode of "The Simpsons" was definitely better than the "Inception" themed episode of "South Park". Not to compare it but it's true. For "The Simpsons", they hit all of the right notes and it's everything I wanted to see. This episode has a lot of good humor and the storyline is awesome and amazing. I was blown away and I was at the edge of my couch. I really loved "The Simpsons" going inside Homer's head so they can help him on why we has been wetting the bed. It was also good to see Mona Simpson (Homer's mother) again when they were in the dream. It was sad to see Mona die in the Season 19 episode "Mona Leaves-a" so I thought her appearing in Homer's head was very nice and I also loved how Mona told Homer about why he is wetting the bed. It turned out that Homer wets the bed because he was guilty about Mona and Abe splitting up and that he was the reason for it but it wasn't Homer's fault after all which makes Homer not be guilty anymore and makes him stop wetting the bed. I also loved how Mona (in Homer's dream of course since she is dead) told Homer that she, Homer, Abe will always be together inside his head. So yeah, I loved this episode and it's top-notch.... better than the "Inception" themed episode of "South Park" and it really did hit all of the right notes. Overall, "Inception" is one of my favorite movies and this episode for the parody of that movie was extraordinary.... this episode is a MUST SEE, I loved it!!!. 10/10
  • Great

Really enjoyed the Inception theme to this one, and some of the one-liners on that subject were fantastic. Very enjoyable episode and well worth watching if you're a long time Simpsons fan.
  • I wet something too...

After watching this episode I had to get a fresh pair of pants. Absolutely hilarious episode, I was rolling on the floor - especially toward the end. Several throwbacks, and a very special character makes a touching return in Homer's subconscious. If you're a Simpsons fan, you owe it to yourself to see this one.